MI is now a Right to work state! : Swingers Discussion 2132511051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMI is now a Right to work state!
TOPIC: MI is now a Right to work state!
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 157   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Robert clings to certain themes like a little child might cling to a teddy bear.

According to one of the debt clock sites, every American's share of the national debt is $52,000.

For that $52,000, Robert has gotten a free K-12 education and near-certain access to student loans that would get him through college if he chose to pursue. He has access to millions of miles of highway and local roads. Access to mostly free health care after he reaches a certain age (presently 65). A law enforcement network devoted to keeping him safe. A legal system devoted to protecting his rights and liberties. A national defense that has not allowed a foreign nation to land a single troop on our shores during his lifetime (or far beyond). A technology system that gives him access to free television, radio and internet programming. Weather prediction resources that keep him prepared for most deadly storms that might head his way. Access to free beaches, free parks, free museums. Firefighters that will protect him.

The list could go on.

When considered in this light, I wonder how much personal debt Robert would have been willing to incur to be born an American, if that was a matter of choice?

Warren Buffet called it the "ovarian lottery" and countless studies have shown that if you are born an American, you start off your life with a massive economic advantage over the vast majority of the other people on earth.

From his many posts, I do not think that Robert is greedy. And I appreciate his concerns about growing wealth gaps between the haves and the haves not. But when he rants about prior generations burdening his generation, frankly he sounds like an ingrate.

One day he might figure out how to lift himself above current circumstances, or he will figure out how to adapt and pursue self-actualization in the context of those circumstances. Stories of self-improvement and perseverance shared by Kibbles and Sexus and others should serve as an inspiration, not be a source of derision.

I think that most of us older folks on this site wish him well, despite his claim that we are at fault for his difficulties.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2368 posts)
Kibb:

That is funny. My generation having to grow up. Very funny.

Your generation and your parents generation cost my generation nearly everything. Your cold war with the soviets, your Korea, Vietnam, Iraq 1 and 2, your Afghanistan 1 and 2. Many other operations which your generation placed on the nations charge card.

Hell, is there a place on Earth that we haven't garrisoned yet?

Let's look at entitlements. Our generation clings to SSI, Medicare and other programs... Demanding that they remain untouched and that future generations do without. What the fuck? What adult takes from their children demanding that they do without?

Your generation and your parents have unconditionally accepted unfair trade with china. Who put us into the slave status with them? Your generation. The one who accepted the conservative ideals of out scouring.

You chased the dollar right over the cliff and now you've taken your children for the ride. We don't look forward to SSI, Medicare, or other... We already accept that these programs will not be there for us.

Finantual markets are such a gamble that you are more likely to win a game of Russian roulet than investments... Russian roulet is also cheaper to enter into as well.

So save me the grow up line and try it on yourself first.

I sell 3d models online. Write books and sell them under a pen name until I develop better writing skills and work full time. Employers wont hire without 10 years experience in the field of study, which you can't get without being hired... But you can't be hired without experience and to get experience you must be hired.

Still I cannot afford healthcare, I have teeth rotting out of my skull and no help, I am watching my neighborhood die because your generation refuse to embrace change or technology, so no tech jobs enter the area.

Do I collect a check from the government? No I don't. Do I begrudge those who do? No I don't. They learned to take from everyone from you.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7450 posts)
Robert, I'm very "normal" in many ways, and I finished school after Y2K, so "bakck in your day" wasn't very long ago for me. As a matter of fact, my children are very young: 9 and 4, and I am a single mother. Like I said before, I gave live childbirth during my final year of school and finished, earning a place in the National Honor Society. It gets a little old, hearing people your age whine about how tough you have it because it isn't gift-wrapped and handed to you. Grow up, dear, and smell the coffee.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10709 posts)
Tbr:

Well great for you... You are the exception to the rule in every catagory but humility.

Now let's return to discussing normal humans who either didnt have your support structures, (for one reason or another) or simply aren't as well adapted to learning as you were.

Simply throwing these people to the curb and saying tough luck is not the solution... It is part of why they aren't going to have employment better than minimum wage and or poverty... The reason almost half of the country doesn't pay their taxes in full and or must receive welfare in one firm or another.

You might have made it, but if you are simply going to climb over the wall and not reach your hand back over the top of the wall to give those behind you and hand up and over... You learned nothing meaningful and aren't worth listening to.

The job of the surperior is to enable and help their inferior. Failure in this reguards demonstrates your inferiority. Cry about these words if it makes you feel better, but they are the facts of civilized society. We rise as one or fall as one.

To date, every me society has collapsed and reforged itself into a we society.... Except for the US. This should be a warning to us, but due to hypicoracy and arrogance... Well ignore this fact.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7450 posts)
I had five children, worked three part time jobs, enrolled in at least 18 units, and finished in 4 years with a 3.95 GPA.

Now I have 7 children (two at home), work a full time job, teach nights, consult on the side, and am in a Ph.D. program.

And still have time to answer your dumbass posts...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Did either of you have children? How about employers who change your Schedual last minute and say be here or else? Guess what? That is todays working conditions. You don't have babysitters you can trust, more parents today are single parents than during your life time and the cost of everything has risen expect the pay you receive.

Most adults who must work cant plan for a full sermester of classes because their employers won't allow them a stable Schedual and do not care about your personal lives.

To simply dismiss today's reality because you did it only demonstrates your ignorance and how out of touch with reality you have become... And partly why society is unwraveling around us.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7450 posts)
When I started college at the ripe old age of 34, I worked three part time jobs, carried at least 18 units a semester, and graduated in 4 years with the highest GPA in my school, 3.95.

Not everyone can do it, but it can be done.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Robert, I'm sorry if that was your experience, but I worked full time and went to school full time and made the grade. My student loans are now paid in full and have been for a few years now. Yes, it was a struggle, especially finishing as a single mom, but it CAN be done.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10709 posts)
Kibb:

That is all well and good to say... But most employers want skilled and experienced workers. So you spend 20-50k on an education... Only to be told you have no experience. Guess who isn't paying back their loans on minimum wage?

Most people can't find out what employers want, because they don't have a crystal ball to know what the employer wants in five years time. For the working adult, it takes twice the length of a pipeline teen to get a college education.

You must work full time, provide for your family and keep ontop of all of the expenses. Working 40-50 hours a week doesn't allow for 12 credits of college per year and to actually learn the material.

So you must take 1-2 classes a year. By the time you complete all the classes and get the degree, you are already working with out of date knowledge and have become obsolete for the job market.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7450 posts)
I was looking for a job when I got the one I have. If for any reason I wasn't happy with where I work or the working conditions, I would apply the same principle and find another job. If someone is unemployed or underemployed, they need to evaluate the skills and qualities they have and compare them to what is is needed, and what's available. If you don't have marketable qualities, you need to work on developing some. Employers these days have to stay competitive in their pay/benefits to ensure they have the employees they need.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10709 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 157   End
TOPIC: MI is now a Right to work state!