MI is now a Right to work state! : Swingers Discussion 21325110101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsMI is now a Right to work state!
TOPIC: MI is now a Right to work state!
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Start   101 to 110 of 157   End
User Details are only visible to members.
They are always pointing out the company's perceived "greed". However, I went on the NLRB's website and pulled up the most recent LM2's on the union I was facing. They are an 80 million dollar corporation and their upper eschalon's quarter-million dollar salaries, and their top organizers making almost twice what I do, plus expenses, and the itemization of the posh hotels, the trips to Vegas, the catering bills the $300,000 they paid toward their corporate headquarters' mortgage....it all sounded really opulent to me, yet they're a "non-profit"!

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10703 posts)
"One murder is tragedy. One million murders are a statistic."

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
I detest the hostile union ways. Can't stand violence. Can't stand violent people. I will never understand why they are practicing barbarism when they can't get their way; altercations, property damage, threats...and they want to paint the Right as violent. Just disgusting!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16422 posts)
@VA, the union organizers outright LIED to our staff nurses. They tried to keep opposition numbers down by telling us that if you didn't vote, it was 'just like voting no', so we didn't have to show up if we didn't want to. When we were up for our decertification vote, they told my coworkers that if they voted "no" the first time we didn't have to come and vote again....uhm, yeah, with a secret ballot and no one's names on them, how would there be record of our original individual votes?

I was no more than walking down the main front hallway of the building and as I passed in front of their room, one of the organizers ran out, accused me of spying on them and continued to confront me. I began backing away from her, because she seemed really unstable, and about the time I was maybe 9-10 feet away from her, she began to scream that I was attacking her, and she threw open the door to their room, yelling to everyone in the room that I was attacking her. The whole time, I continued to back away and went back to the cafeteria. I was so shocked and stunned by what had just taken place and my friends were all around me wanting to know what happened. Fortunately, there was security cameras that she wasn't aware of, and the video corroborated my recollection of what had happened and what was said, and completely debunked her story.

There are too many agencies and enforcable laws in place now to convince me that there is any need to give my hard-earned money to a third party, and for no real value or benefit.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10703 posts)
We understand that feudalism is in the past. People also refer to the Dark Ages, when society seems to be getting overly superstitious. "Dinosaurs" are people and machines which are woefully behind the times.

Neo-feudalism is a term I hadn't seen before, but it seems that a number of people have come to make essentially the same analogies. I'd say it's more than analogies, though. It's a real power grab by the filthy rich.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
outdoors:

"Feudalism could be divided into two kinds. Economic feudalism refers to the relationship between a lord and his free peasants, serfs and slaves. In return for his protection and the right to work the lands,...

======= there you have it: right to work ^^^ "

Then we have the right to overthrow these feudal lords... They aren't protecting us, let alone providing for us. However the slave and peasant aspect fits quite nicely.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7423 posts)
Feudalism could be divided into two kinds. Economic feudalism refers to the relationship between a lord and his free peasants, serfs and slaves. In return for his protection and the right to work the lands,...

======= there you have it: right to work ^^^

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I explained it to Robert like this previously:

Feudalism was where lords "rented" plots of land to people (vassals) in exchange for services, such as military, payment, or usually all of the above. The lord and the vassal had a mutual responsibility to each other. Certainly the lord had the upper hand, but it was not as simple as "rich do whatever they want".

The Magna Carta had little to do with feudalism, and if anything actually strengthened it by giving more power to the feudal barons. Dismantling feudalism was about land reform. The Magna Carta was about placing certain limitations on the Crown and granting a few basic rights to people.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
Stupid definitions of feudalism written by even MORE people who don't understand was feudalism is (or rather, was).

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
Here are some Urban Dictionary definitions of Neo-Feudalism: ------ Economic strategy promoted by corporate owned Republicans involving the expansion of corporate power and the oppression of the working class, so as the corporate CEO's become the lords and the working class become the serfs.

Neo-feudalism involves busting unions, moving jobs overseas, and a general opposition to anything that benefits workers; OSHA, minimum wage, health care benefits etc. --------

The phenomenon of corporations taking control of cultures and individuals through money, policies, practices, and gatekeeping in general to the point that they control many aspects of everyday private life.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Start   101 to 110 of 157   End
TOPIC: MI is now a Right to work state!