Look for my article in USA Today : Swingers Discussion 741191011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsLook for my article in USA Today
TOPIC: Look for my article in USA Today
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 14 of 14 
User Details are only visible to members.
What can we do for ourselves?

I read Mr. Kluger's article about racism and his past experiences. And as a 28 year old black man, I can still recall similar stories of racism told to me by my parents and extend family. The main problem I had with his article was when he started describing the challenges that we face today. He made it seem as if all of our problems could be traced back to racism. He basically spouted the line of the "Old Guard" Civil Rights Leaders, who still look for an opponent to pull the other side of the rope. The problems for us had always existed, but the will to surmount these problems started to dissipate at the end of the Civil Rights era. Although racism still existed, we became less and less inclined to take advantage of opportunities and began to lose our moral center as a community. I tend to think of a friend of mine from Africa, who came to this country and started driving cabs. He then started selling retail items from his van, and eventually opened up a cell phone store. He also tells stories of racism, both in Africa and in America. The difference for people like him, was that he did not throw his hands up and settle for "No". He kept fighting fiercely for his dream and became a successful business man. The Black Community in America needs to do an audit concerning the level of personal responsibility that we as a people take for the problems we face in this country. We need more cold water splashed on our conspiracy obsessed "Leaders" who seem intent on coddling Blacks when it comes to Black on Black crime and a self destructive culture. More Leaders like Bill Cosby would be a good start. The sad thing is that I will probably be accused of being a republican for saying these things, but how can we say that we love our children and not tell them the truth about ourselves?

Joseph Arlington, TX

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Hell I can just give ya'll the unedited version.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
tried to find it online joe, can you reprint it here for us? thanks Joe.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I wrote a letter in response to an Article in USA today. I had received a response from the editor, and they want to use my letter. Look for Joe from Arlington, TX. in the comment section.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 14 of 14 
TOPIC: Look for my article in USA Today