Limiting welfare to the truly needy : Swingers Discussion 2122481021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsLimiting welfare to the truly needy
TOPIC: Limiting welfare to the truly needy
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   21 to 30 of 44   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"... while the African population in the U.S. as a whole is about four percent, 18 percent of the Minnesota population is African because of the large Somali presence."

Is this true? -- It's from the last link. According to wiki, the 2010 census showed 1 to 2% of the state's population as "Sub-Saharan African and East African". The population was 5.4 million in mid 2012.

If the state is now 18% African, then a million Africans have immigrated there in ~2 years.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Oh, I have no doubt my tax dollars went to corrupt regimes. One cent from any source is too much. I can’t find what I was looking for, but for now…

minnesota.cbslocal . com/2011/01/19/good-question-why-did-somalis-locate-here/

theuptake . org/2012/03/03/somalis-search-for-a-way-to-feed-their-relatives/

africarising2010.blogspot . com/2009/10/minnesotas-somali-problem.html

Searches kept coming up with stories about Somali gangs and the riots between blacks and Somalis that occur here. Like this one…

Cnsnews . com/news/article/minnesota-sheriff-reports-congress-growing-somalia-gang-threat-hennepin-county

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Good:

Well short of installing larger government, the only solution is employers paying a wage which prevents the applicants form qualifying. And I am not talking a wage placing the applicant a dollar over qualifying, but rather many dollars over... three digits over or more.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7483 posts)
Haha, right. Probably less than one of your tax dollars went to Somalian terrorists via welfare in Minnesota. Possibly less than one cent. Meanwhile, you've given hundreds or perhaps thousands to crooked regimes all around the world, for decades.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
MN has such a liberal welfare system that draws people from other states because they get more here than in their home states.

Gary Indiana "sends" us a lot of people. So does Somalia. Public/assisted housing apartment buildings here have signs in so many languages that I often wonder if any residents speak English.

There's a real "issue" here with Somalians sending money back home, which apparently aids the fighting. Several businesses near those units that wired money to Somalia (and other countries) stopped doing it because they learned what the money was often being used for- training terrorist organizations.

I knew someone who worked in the Welfare office. When someone didn't qualify right away, and they refused the applicant assistance, the applicant would bitch up the chain until finally someone said "give it to them" so upper level didn't have to listen to the bitching.

They retired several years ago, but I assume the same thing continues.

My tax dollars at work- supplying and training the terrorists.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Joan:

One of the main reasons that the government doesn't like making welfare workers work is not that it makes bad politics. (it actually makes better) But rather that those jobs are jobs that the government already employ people to do.

I however do agree that the government ought not let the unemployed linger in front of their TV's.

This is why I say cities like Philadelphia ought to require able bodied men/women receiving unemployment and without skills ought to be taken to the docks and taught metal cutting. Teach them to cut up the many dozens of ships we have set for the cutters torches.

After a month or two and when they are qualified, they can now go out with metal cutting (and possibly welding) skills. (someone here keeps saying we don't have enough welders)

This of course would be for the no skilled unemployed, the minimum wage unemployed, those with next to no chance to obtain a otherwise good job.

Those requiring little additional education to be retooled for another job field in need, ought to be provided that tooling which employers would accept for... a tax break. (so long as the employee(s) are kept for a period of time which is open to debate) This tax break being based upon rate of pay, length of the employees service (unless the termination is due to negative actions by the employee) and quantity of these retooled employees employed.

The cost of the reeducation can be made up in the form of the improved tax income that the retooled can now pay into the system.

To those claiming that it is forced labor, the reply ought to be that it is providing the unskilled jobs which are needed.

Those who are employed, but still on welfare obviously are doing their job... Their employers aren't. Either their employers aren't providing upward mobility, improved wages (after the first year, minimum wage is simply laziness on the employers side) and or the job is simply that much of a shit job... either way, if the employer is wealthy and profiting greatly (two times their minimum wage employees after the first year) then the employer ought be taxed more for their laziness and failure to pay a wage which contributes to the economy. (Such employers are stealing from the economy)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7483 posts)
Maybe we need to employ people who get welfare? I have no issue for those who need it, but make them work for it, clean up the highways, road sides, parks etc, those with skills need to use them be it driving busses for the schools or working for the county in offices.

Keller TX
Username hidden
(555 posts)
PP, I was agreeing with this part of your post: "Low income people on assistance SPEND every dime they earn and every dime they get from the Government."

However, I don't know that anyone is THE "end user" of money. Unless landlords, restaurant owners, etc are shipping the money out of the country, perhaps.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
And yet, what states have the greatest levels of poverty?

ht tp://ww w.huffingtonpost.c om/2011/10/21/poverty-rises-despite-end-of-recession_n_1023946.html#s424704&title=1_Mississippi

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7483 posts)
Top 10 states with people on welfare

Top 10 (by % of population)

1. California 2. Maine 3. Tennessee 4. Massachusetts 5. Vermont 6. DC 7. New York 8. Minnesota 9. Washington 10(tie) New Mexico, Indiana w w w . cnbc . com

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   21 to 30 of 44   End
TOPIC: Limiting welfare to the truly needy