Limbaugh: Service members who support US withdrawal are phony soldiers : Swingers Discussion 881571071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsLimbaugh: Service members who support US withdrawal are phony soldiers
TOPIC: Limbaugh: Service members who support US withdrawal are phony soldiers
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   71 to 80 of 91   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Well, we look at the matter differently, which will surprise no one.

Clinton was acquitted in the Senate.

Limbaugh said what he said. He called soldiers that do not agree with the governments policy "phony soldiers." Even Bush is distancing himself from Limbaugh's remarks.

O'Reilly said what he said. He should not be shocked at the outcry. If he had said, "Sorry, I mis-spoke" hell I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

I don't know that those in the public eye should be held to a higher standard.

But I do think they should be aware that, first, somebody is gunning for you. And second, with the technology today, you do not really have any privacy.

You can be assured that pretty much everything you say in public is recorded and will be sliced and diced to make you look good or bad, depending on the slicer's motives.

You could probably dig up dirt about any public figure in any time period, if you go far enough. It's much easier to get dirt now.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
typical liberal ploy...

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
tbr,

The issue is not a different standard for those on the left versus the right, but transparency. I do not like ANY public official or Politician who refuses to be open about all events in their lives. As a public official and/or politician your life does and should become an open book.

....nice misdirection from accusing Limbaugh of something he did not do.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
charges were brought against clinton...impeacment charges

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
But the fact is that in the case of Kennedy and Clinton, no charges were brought on their supposed criminal offenses, but that does not stop many on the right of trying to convict them in the court of public opinion.

However, when the case is someone like Hedgecock, where charges were brought and a conviction was obtained, only to be overturned later, we should give him the benefit of the doubt.

If he were a left winger, the right wing would be all over it.

Anyway, it was a bit tongue in cheek, so I'll let it alone.

As for Jefferson, if he did what he is accused of, and they have sufficient evidence, and if they obtain a conviction, he should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Again you are changing the subject. Nothing about Hedgecock's past is sealed or protected under the privacy act. It is all part of public record. The circumstances surrounding Kennedy and Mary Jo and Kerry and his decorations and citations are court sealed or protected under the privacy act. It is extremely unusual to seal portions of records that deal with vehicle accidents and the autopsies of those involved in same. It is also very questionable when Military duty rosters, Military after action reports, Military hospital treatment records and Military duty logs which are available under the freedom of information act contradict someone's personal claims to fame and yet that person REFUSES to release his entire personnel and medical records which would answer alot of unanswered questions and concerns. As far as Cleland, his position was challenged not his military service and if someone did slander him concerning his said service I am in the corner of those that condemn that. Cleland, himself when running for office approved and released his personnel and medical records for public review. I can disagree with him politically but still view him as a man of honor.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
lol...so what about jefferson?

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
"....and I thought we agreed we were a country that upheld the "rule of law"."

Okay, I'll make you a deal. When your side lays off of the unsubstantiated allegations against Clinton, Kennedy, Kerry, Cleland, and all the rest, I will refrain from an occasional dig at Roger. After all, in most of these cases, no charges were even filed. At least there was a conviction in the Hedgecock case.

Deal? ;-)

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
what have you libs done with jefferson? Left the thief in office and still voting?

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
tbr,

Are you doing what the far left. like Media Matters does? Misdirection. The subject was Limbaugh and what he was accused of saying, which in fact he did not say.

....and I thought we agreed we were a country that upheld the "rule of law". Hedgecock's verdict was overturned and therefore he is no longer considered quilty in the eyes of the law.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   71 to 80 of 91   End
TOPIC: Limbaugh: Service members who support US withdrawal are phony soldiers