Lifecycle of a Democracy : Swingers Discussion 21188910101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsLifecycle of a Democracy
TOPIC: Lifecycle of a Democracy
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Start   101 to 110 of 175   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Your unions did wonders with Hostess. Guess 18,500 jobs is small enough to fail, aka destroyed by union demands.

Where was obama, why didn't he propose a Twinkie bail out?

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(2353 posts)
"Unions: Excellent in concept, terrible in execution."

You might want to check out what is going on with Walmart.

"Most major retail chains that compete for customers with low prices pay relatively low wages to hourly workers. But as the largest private employer in the world, with 1.4 million workers in the United States alone, Walmart bears outsized influence on American working opportunities: It has largely set the standards for similar companies. Low-level workers typically start near minimum wage, and have the potential to earn raises of 20 to 40 cents an hour through incremental promotions. Flawless performance merits a 60 cent raise per year under the policy, regardless of how much time an employee has worked for the company. As a result, a "solid performer" who starts at Walmart as a cart pusher making $8 an hour and receives one promotion, about the average rate, can expect to make $10.60 after working at the company for 6 years. The Walmart pay plan is organized around seven levels of job difficulty for hourly workers, called Position Pay Grades (PPGs), ranging from cart-pushers (Level 1) and cashiers (Level 3), to cake decorators (Level 4) and customer service managers (Level 6). Each subsequent pay grade offers 20 to 40 cents more than the previous level, according to the document. This means that the base rate of pay for a top hourly position at Walmart, like a check-out supervisor, is $1.70 more than that of the lowest paying job. Far more important is Walmart's insistence on keeping most hourly workers part-time, so as to avoid having to provide a variety of benefits, including health care, which are available to full-time employees.

This formula has benefited company shareholders: Walmart’s profits rose 9 percent in the third quarter of 2012, to $3.64 billion, the company reported Thursday. Earlier this fall, the company’s stock hit a record high. But the compensation structure for hourly workers helps explain why many rank-and-file workers carry a sense of grievance that they have been denied a share of the spoils. How could a multi-billiionaire company such as this only afford to hand out one 40-cent raise per year to employees while the ones in the top portion of the hierarchy are riding high starting with the six-figure store managers?" said Joe Lyon, a former sales associate at a Walmart in Sterling Heights, Mich. A group claiming to represent tens of thousands of Walmart workers nationwide is planning strikes and other labor actions at as many as 1,000 stores on Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year. The actions are intended to protest what the group says are meager wages."

Don't you just love "trickle Down" economics?

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4042 posts)
Who said it was a book douche? Oh wait, this is just another pathetic spin.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16846 posts)
I've always believed that human beings controlled their own fate and that stage theories are suspect in their predictive qualities. But after about the 10th time that Perf encouraged everyone to read Lifecycle of a Democracy, I decided to find the book to see if there was any substance behind the blurb. No such book exists, apparently, although a number of nutwing blogs discuss it as if they've actually read it. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10833 posts)
Robert: Us giving you our money will do neither of us any good. We will just see our standard of living go down and see our money pissed away. You will do nothing to improve yourself. All you will do is scream: I need more money! You are not being fair! I am your countryman.!

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
Union-busting executives are the reason for the Economic disasters and expatriates leaving America banks for those in Europe and the Caribbean Island tax havens.

The union-busting executives and vulture capitalists who made their money destroying the integrity of America and its middle class are cowards and traitors.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6907 posts)
I doubt that, but the fact that you guys bitch so much about helping your countrymen... tells me that you aren't.

Where? and when did you get the Idea that we do that?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Robert I do live in a tipi at times, I also put them up for others. You know so little.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19241 posts)
"Unions: Excellent in concept, terrible in execution."

Before you lay all the blame on the Unions, I came across the following. If true, it deserves consideration.

"All those of you who are trying to put the blame for this on the unions do not seem to be able to accept the fact that the company has been loaded up with debt over the years by private equity buyers. The record shows they bought other companies and consolidated them, while the buyers paid themselves big bonuses each time they added more debt. Eventually their debt became too big to pay on. The unions have taken pay cuts and failure of the company to pay into the pension plan that was contracted for. There will be no reorganization, there is no bargaining with the creditors, this is Chapter 7, liquidation. No one gets anything until all assets are sold at auction. This is a classic case of what private equity companies like Bain capital do to companies like Hostess. they find a struggling company, buy their debt on the cheap, load it up with more debt, cut wages and benefits, pay themselves big bonuses, and let the company go under. All you union haters out there, will you give up your 40 hour week, your holiday pay, your company furnished equipment, and more? Will you bring your own lamps, pens, computers to work at your cost. will you pay for accidental breakage of supplies, will you pay the janitor to clean your office? When companies fail, it is management that is responsible."

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4042 posts)
Fjep:

"I think most of us are happy with our lives in general. We are not the ones pissing and moaning over being abused by the evil robber barons. I would be just as happy living in a tipi as living in a mansion."

I doubt that, but the fact that you guys bitch so much about helping your countrymen... tells me that you aren't.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7366 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Start   101 to 110 of 175   End
TOPIC: Lifecycle of a Democracy