Lifecycle of a Democracy : Swingers Discussion 211889
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsLifecycle of a Democracy
TOPIC: Lifecycle of a Democracy
Created by: perfectmatch69
Original Starting post for this thread:
"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy."

"The historical cycle seems to be: From bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to courage; from courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to selfishness; from selfishness to apathy; from apathy to dependency; and from dependency back to bondage once more."

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 175   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Ya know, it shouldn't be too difficult for a rational adult to admit that his belief in something, after mature reflection, was not well-founded. We all make mistakes. "

Winning?? lmfao.

I've shown that it's in line with Tytler's views on Democracy. I'm not an expert on ancient democracies, but Tytler was well studied in them.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16846 posts)
Perf, it's nice of you to be concerned about my personal life, but please don't worry yourself about it. Really. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10833 posts)
"Will today be the day Perf finally quits dodging the question and either puts up or shuts up? I doubt it."

Yep, I win my bet.

Ya know, it shouldn't be too difficult for a rational adult to admit that his belief in something, after mature reflection, was not well-founded. We all make mistakes. 

Perf seems unable to admit that this Lifecycle stuff is mere fluff, unsupported by any historical evidence. I suppose his admission by silence is all we will get. Fine. 

So yeah, it's amusing when this lightweight pussie complains about someone else not "manning up," or ducking substantive questions, or having a soundbite mentality, or clinging to positions or beliefs with no factual basis. It's even funnier that all of those traits -exhibited in abundance by Perf in this thread- are often described by him as "typical libtard." lol. 

#PerfectLibtard69

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10833 posts)
As much as I hope that is true, I look at countries like Russia , they had a real chance of freedom. But because of all the corruption, they reverted back into a dictatorship. I really believe that most people don't want freedom, they want stability. And it's quite sad that most Americans do too

Johnstown PA
Username hidden
(108 posts)
Only a true libtard digs through threads a year old to bump them. But then obsessive seems to be a common affliction of the progressive idiot.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19241 posts)
Maybe you should try to work on your real life if your lack of 'entertainment' involves bumping a thread that's 341 days old.

Maybe you're just trying to 'win', which would also make you liar.

Whichever it is, it's clear as to why you're a single on a swinger's site.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16846 posts)
"In these forums, there is not very much intelligent debate from either side, and I do it more for entertainment and amusement than anything else.

341 days and still going.

This just keeps getting better and better! What a phony!

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16846 posts)
"“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"A departure from principle becomes a precedent for a second; that second for a third; and so on, till the bulk of society is reduced to mere automatons of misery, to have no sensibilities left but for sinning and suffering… And the fore horse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression.

"I place economy among the first and most important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers to be feared. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. If we run into such debts, we must be taxed in our meat and drink, in our necessities and in our comforts, in our labor and in our amusements. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labor of the people, under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy. - Thomas Jefferson

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16846 posts)
"Pick a Democracy and we'll discuss it."

I've already done that a few times and you ducked. 

Let's try one more. Switzerland is prolly the closest thing to a direct democracy, which is what "democracy" meant to 18th century political theorists and historians. Most of what is now Switzerland has had some semblance of democracy for many centuries. If it went through all those little stages and collapsed due to loose fiscal policy, I missed it. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10833 posts)
"Just want to make sure you see who bumped this thread that is 341 days old. . LOL.

And this is the guy that thinks HE occupies space in MY brain. That's absolutely HYSTERICAL!! I'm sure everyone except TBR and maybe Mrs Sav can see the irony in it."

So my posting on topic in a thread where the OP has ducked substantive questions for over a year means ... what? 

My sense of humor isn't sharp enough to see what's so HYSTERICAL!! 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10833 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 175   End
TOPIC: Lifecycle of a Democracy