Liberals Rejoice!!! : Swingers Discussion 84533
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsLiberals Rejoice!!!
TOPIC: Liberals Rejoice!!!
Created by: Lucky2haveU
Original Starting post for this thread:
WASHINGTON - Karl Rove, President Bush's close friend and chief political strategist, plans to leave the White House at the end of August, joining a lengthening line of senior officials heading for the exits in the final 1 1/2 years of the administration.

ADVERTISEMENT On board with Bush since the beginning of his political career in Texas, Rove was nicknamed "the architect" and "boy genius" by the president for designing the strategy that twice won him the White House. Critics call Rove "Bush's brain."

A criminal investigation put Rove under scrutiny for months during the investigation into the leak of a CIA operative's name but he was never charged with any crime. In a more recent controversy, Rove, citing executive privilege, has refused to testify before Congress about the firing of U.S. attorneys.

Bush was expected to make a statement Monday with Rove. Later Monday, Rove, his wife and their son were to accompany Bush on Air Force One when the president flies to Texas for his vacation.

"Obviously it's a big loss to us," White House deputy press secretary Dana Perino said. "He's a great colleague, a good friend, and a brilliant mind. He will be greatly missed, but we know he wouldn't be going if he wasn't sure this was the right time to be giving more to his family, his wife Darby and their son. He will continue to be one of the president's greatest friends."

Since Democrats won control of Congress in November, some top administration officials have announced their resignations. Among those who have left are White House counselor Dan Bartlett, budget director Rob Portman, chief White House attorney Harriet Miers, political director Sara Taylor, deputy national security adviser J.D. Crouch and Meghan O'Sullivan, another deputy national security adviser who worked on Iraq. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld was forced out immediately after the election as the unpopular war in Iraq dragged on.

Rove became one of Washington's most influential figures during Bush's presidency. He is known as a ruthless political warrior who has an encyclopedic command of political minutiae and a wonkish love of policy. Rove met Bush in the early 1970s, when both men were in their 20s.

Once inside the White House, Rove grew into a right-hand man.

Rove is expected to write a book after he leaves. He disclosed his departure in an interview with The Wall Street Journal.

He said he decided to leave after White House Chief of Staff Joshua Bolten told senior aides that if they stayed past Labor Day they would be obliged to remain through the end of the president's term in January 2009.

"I just think it's time," Rove said in an interview at this home on Saturday. He first floated the idea of leaving to Bush a year ago, the newspaper said, and friends confirmed he'd been talking about it even earlier. However, he said he didn't want to depart right after the Democrats regained control of Congress and then got drawn into policy battles over the Iraq war and immigration.

"There's always something that can keep you here, and as much as I'd like to be here, I've got to do this for the sake of my family," said Rove, who has been in the White House since Bush took office in 2001.

Rove's son attends college in San Antonio and he said he and his wife plan to spend much of their time at their nearby home in Ingram.

Rove, currently the deputy White House chief of staff, has been the president's political guru for years and worked with Bush since he first ran for governor of Texas in 1993.

Even as he discussed his departure, Rove remained characteristically sunny. This quality of unrelenting optimism about the president, which matches Bush's own upbeat, never-admit-disappointment nature, has at times gotten Rove into trouble. Up to the end of the 2006 midterm elections, the political guru predicted a Republican win. That of course was not to be, and there was

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
User Details are only visible to members.
This is what the Republican party needs. a return to the real party. The conservitive party will be OK and the harder dems push the better it will be next Fall.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Repub senator, Chuck Hagel to retire.

The 60-year-old senator arranged a news conference for Monday in Omaha, Neb., to make his formal announcement. The official spoke on condition of anonymity to avoid pre-empting the event.

The decision by Hagel is the latest in a string of setbacks for minority Republicans in the Senate, who must defend 22 of the 34 seats on the ballot next fall.

Last week, Sen. John Warner of Virginia announced his retirement, a decision expected to create an intensely competitive race for a seat he probably would have held easily had he decided to run again.

Nebraska is one of the most Republican states in the nation, but Hagel's retirement could open the way for former Democratic Sen. Bob Kerrey to attempt a political comeback. Democratic officials have been in contact with him in recent weeks, hoping to recruit him to become a candidate if Hagel were to retire.

Colorado Republican Sen. Wayne Allard is the third GOP retirement of the election cycle, and incumbents in New Hampshire, Oregon, Minnesota and Maine face particularly competitive races.

In addition, Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens faces a federal corruption investigation, and Sen. Larry Craig is expected to resign his seat following his arrest in an airport men's room sex sting.

it's a cut and paste but it's early in the morning

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
All I know is that one of the two people who makes up Luvsbareskin has one hellova strong back.....damn! She has like a six pack on her back! I'm still working on my 12 pack....

This doesn't seem like a real big deal, Bush more or less has become less and less of an influential figure in the public's perception. I think he's just going to sit back and let History judge him.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Damn Jack have a beer

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
I don't think Rove is any less dangerous out of the White House. I'm sure he has something up his sleeve.

I think that one thing that is pretty much proven about Rove is his effort to tweak laws and procedures behind the curtain to try for his dream of permanent one party majority. Although he failed miserably at government domination with the excesses he pursued, there are a great many millions of dollars he has steered through laws and policy and one never knows how the payback is supposed to happen.

He is certainly the opposite of a person with faith in democracy that is telling the whole truth for a democratic determination. He thinks that if you believe public policy is about spreading democracy for the sake of goodness that then you are dumb enough for him to walk like a puppy on a leash.

Personally, I think Rove and the President have made conservatives look like pussies and dolts. You guys should have muzzed your fool. Unless it was really you that were the fools all along.

Brookhaven MS
Username hidden
(154 posts)
Perfect

"Tell us how you feel about Congressman Jefferson. "

Can I answer this? Assuming yes.....

Jefferson is probably quilty and should be prosecuted and jailed, however, the FBI apparantly fucked up their search and seizure and got it ruled unconstitutional. They will need to get him from another direction.

Now, can you say to get the obstructionism (executive priveldge) out of the way for republcans being investigated in order to determine exactly what the facts are in order to determine if there is criminality and or corruption? You have to start somewhere to clean up Washington or forget about the corruption and let it continue regardless of which side of the isle.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
LOL, yeah right, they were in jail...lol Yes many went on to pursue other $ making avenues.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
He is a great mind, one of the good guys and has done a wonderful job for the Country. thanks Karl!

This happens in all administrations, to move on before the end and pursue other avenues while the iron is hot...no big deal.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Dont celebrate too quickly LOL If he can get GW Bush elected imagine what he could do for Fred Thompson

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
"And There Off" LOL

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
TOPIC: Liberals Rejoice!!!