Liberals Love Their Blacks : Swingers Discussion 728151021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsLiberals Love Their Blacks
TOPIC: Liberals Love Their Blacks
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 39   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I guess this is where I am in the middle and piss off both sides of the isle. I do not believe that Biden's comment was racist. I believe it was meant to compliment Obama, but the way it came out was open for wide interpretation. However, I believe Biden's comments, although they should not be, are far more open to that interpretation then what Lott said.

What Lott said was nothing more then buttering a retiring (and soon to pass away) old man who had served in Congress. If honoring this man in a farewell manner was a problem, why did so many democrats attend? Isn't their attendance and support of this man being honored non-verbal communication of supporting a "racist"? I never liked Strom Thurmond, but Lott's comment then, as well as Biden's now are being taken way out of context.

As far as Julian Bond and Jesse Jackson, I agree they are both racist and opportunist. However, I do not feel that way about Al Sharpton. I disagree with Sharpton 90 percent of the time and he has done and supported things that did not put him in a good light, but I can say that about most people. Overall, the man does attempt to build a bridge between white and black America. Many of the ethnic leaders throughout New York, as well as the country respect and like Al Sharpton. They may not agree with his positions, but they do believe he wants racism to be acknowledged, addressed and educated from all sides.

The NAACP has done wonderful things to advance and integrate minorities into American the mainstream. Past and Present leadership elected and appointed in the NAACP has run the gambit from some being moderates, to activists to racist themselves. However, we could make that same analogy with almost any organization. I disagree with the NAACP's position in supporting "Quotas". However, I do agree with Affirmative Action plans that allow for equality or at least the presence of equality. We are never going to achieve equality in America, because many small business are family owned and therefore nepotism is in place to pass the business threw family hands. That is not a bad thing, that is a good thing, as it keeps those small businesses going. Where I don’t like to see nepotism and cronyism is in politics. It exists equally among both controlling parties. Examples: Father and son Gore, both served in Congress as well as the Bush's, two President's and Governor, and let us not forget the Kennedy's. The list is endless.

However, in big business which is more ambiguous and in most cases concerned with Stock Holders; merit versus nepotism and/or cronyism should become the primary focus. You want someone who leads, wins, and/or makes you money. I use the NFL as the example of how Affirmative Action plans can be a positive. Lovie Smith is a product of the NFL's fairly new policy that at least one minority candidate must be interviewed whenever there is a head coaching vacancy. The policy does not set a quota for a certain number of head coaches, only that viable minority candidates be interviewed. Now the Bears are in the Super Bowl and most NFL experts, as well as fans give Lovie a large part of that credit. Both Lovie and Jerry Angelo have admitted that without the NFL’s Affirmative Action Guidelines Lovie more then likely would not have been interviewed.

For me everything is about balance. We have a history of racism and sexism that I believe we have mostly overcome. However, to ensure that I do not believe quota’s work, but that fair rules of considering ALL qualified candidates does assist in evening out the playing field.

Now if we can just get the nepotism and cronyism out of politics - lol.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
and he speaks so well.........

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
"IMO all of these fossals should just give it up. You want change but the same old tired racist continue to hold hostage the constitution. Byrd, Lott,Biden, Thurman. And folks think the Rolling Stones are old.American Libs and Rep scream they want change but in all actuality they continue to put these idiots back up on the Hill. Maybe we should start from scratch. I wanna start a new party the start from scratch reform party. Both sides are really piss in a pot. TERM LIMITS NOW!!!!" ----------------------------------------------------------------- Lucky,

I agree with you. Although, let's face facts - the Rolling Stones are old! - lol

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Ok I just did E-r......now I know why I did not know the term...

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
yes grasshopper!!!LOL

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
""supertwink, "...what does this mean."

Google and all your questions can be answered.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
IMO all of these fossals should just give it up. You want change but the same old tired racist continue to hold hostage the constitution. Byrd, Lott,Biden, Thurman. And folks think the Rolling Stones are old.American Libs and Rep scream they want change but in all actuality they continue to put these idiots back up on the Hill. Maybe we should start from scratch. I wanna start a new party the start from scratch reform party. Both sides are really piss in a pot. TERM LIMITS NOW!!!!

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
"supertwink, "...what does this mean.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Oh I'm sorry if I impugned that gay Republican congressman by saying he wanted to pry the pants off little boys. I meant to say post pubescent teenage boys. Guess his crusty old ass had a hankering for a supertwink, young shaved thing.

Hey Akron, love to slide the pants off ya studd .........

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
So am I to assume that since you guys won't leave Lott alone in this that he is to blame for Bidens racist remarks or even that stupid Da in the Duke case taking black people for fools.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 39   End
TOPIC: Liberals Love Their Blacks