Liberals Love Their Blacks : Swingers Discussion 728151011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsLiberals Love Their Blacks
TOPIC: Liberals Love Their Blacks
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 39   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Taking this to the next level, is Biden's comment a reflection of all Democrats or the Democrat platform that supports minority entitlements? Is that subconscious and institutionalized racism, mean deep down, they believe minorities are inferior and therefore need handouts? Those, and many more, are the questions I would like to see debated. " =============================================== Yes!!!!!.... a resounding YES. I have always felt that this is so.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
"In other words, I do believe he thought, as he was saying it, that the statement was an innocent compliment. Now that he is hearing the statement on playback he realizes that he spoke in a way that sounds condescending to the African-American community as a whole. I don't think he consciously meant to offend anyone."...This Sens is exactly my point. I am not one to throw around the racist card like candy. What is the difference is that he finds it "storytelling" for a black person to be articulate, CLEAN, blah blah blah. If he had not included the" storytelling" part then fine, however what he has done is to say that he has NEVER met a black person with those attributes and that to me is the "storytelling" part. I would much prefer to deal with someone from the KKK than the likes of Biden. If Biden has any black person working for him I guess they know in what light they are regarded.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
"And now we have a democrat committee leader in congress calling a fellow congresswoman a whore." ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Akron, can you clarify.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
2inVT and Akron,

I agree and I wish that was being address by the DEMOCRATS and the MEDIA, not what Biden knowingly said or what he wanted to say, but what he subconsciously really feels.

Taking this to the next level, is Biden's comment a reflection of all Democrats or the Democrat platform that supports minority entitlements? Is that subconscious and institutionalized racism, mean deep down, they believe minorities are inferior and therefore need handouts? Those, and many more, are the questions I would like to see debated.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Akron wrote:

"Well I'm not so sure subconscious racism is less damaging than overt racism." -------------------------------------------------------------- Now that I do agree with and I believe needs to be discussed.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
It wasn't a racist generalization. For it to have been racist it would have had to imply that blacks are inferior in some manner. Slaughtering the english language -- which many African Americans do on a daily basis -- does not make them inferior. Apathetic, maybe. Uneducated, possibly. But not inferior.

The comment was a stereotype. But who cares. This is a non-issue.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
"The terms "clean" and "articulate" are NEVER used to describe a white candidate. Why would Joe choose those two adjectives for a black candidate?" ----------------------------------------------------------------- Akron,

I guess I always want to believe the best in most people. Maybe I am wrong but I think Biden spoke with much the same "subconscious" institutionalized, NOT personal, racism that we all have varying levels of.

In other words, I do believe he thought, as he was saying it, that the statement was an innocent compliment. Now that he is hearing the statement on playback he realizes that he spoke in a way that sounds condescending to the African-American community as a whole. I don't think he consciously meant to offend anyone.

My eyes widened and I choked on my glass of water when I first heard him say it, so I understand your point on the “clean” and “articulate” - lol. However, I will not, and I would hope my conservative colleagues would not lower ourselves to use mean spirited and low balls tactics in spinning this into something it is not.

The Democrats and the media made a big deal out of the comment by Trent Lott. Polls show that most Americans did NOT view the comments as they did, and therefore thought too much was being read into Lott‘s comment. As I have repeatedly stated, I give the average American credit for weeding out the BS.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Hey Debjack,

You know e_r will delete his post then your post will appear you are saying that to me - lol.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"Al Sharpton was in the middle of the Twana Brawley debacle. He got burned, and he learned a lesson. I feel sorry for the woman now, she was used horribly. Did the accused police officers ever get an apology?" -------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Police Officers did get a public apology, not from Al, but from the city and the Mayor's office. The Officers also received a monetary settlement from the city.

I give Al Sharpton his due. He still stands by the original story and believes that Brawley and the family were paid off by the city. Personally, I believe the evidence speaks for itself, but having spoken personally with Mr Sharpton, I respect his passion and conviction, even if I do not agree with his positions.

I found him to be a straight shooter in his beliefs. I have attended two of his lectures and he criticized minorities, who were in the audience, just as much as he criticized white leadership. To me, he pulls no punches and comes across as an honorable and likeable human being. Although he communicates it differently then Bill Cosby, Sharpton does speak from the position that the African-American community does have opportunities in this country and must stop blaming whites for all their problems. Although he criticizes past and current white politicians and policies, he puts the emphasis on the black community to look at themselves as part of the problem and emphasizes that the growing trend of young black males not staying around to raise their children, must be solved within the black community.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
blah blah blah

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 39   End
TOPIC: Liberals Love Their Blacks