Liberals Continue Attempts to Castrate American Men : Swingers Discussion 72993
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsLiberals Continue Attempts to Castrate American Men
TOPIC: Liberals Continue Attempts to Castrate American Men
Created by: AkronFunTimes The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
User Details are only visible to members.

Sorry but in my opinion you have no more control of your state representatives than your federal representatives. The state of Florida is currently experiencing an insurance crisis in the state. And the Florida legislature allowed it to happen. Now after the majority of the populas are bitching they are "fixing it". A federal amendment is NEVER on your ballot period and if your lucky, your representative will vote the way you desire but chances are they will vote the way they desire. The most you can do is write your state representative....which you can do at the federal level.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
YY: I actually AGREE with the states rights notion....

I guess the southern states would have loved you in1860? HUH

Socialized Medicine? Not gonna Happen

Gay Marriage? Not gonna happen

Abotion over turned by "congress"? Not gonna happen

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)

you said...."1. Changing the Constitution requires RATIFICATION by 3/4ths of all the states. This puts it directly into the hands of the American people."

This is a false statement. While true it takes 3/4 of the states to ratify an amendment is is NOT placed directly in the hands of the state citizens. You will not find a US Constitutional Amendment on a state ballot. A state ratification occurs when it's LEGISLATURE votes "yes" not the citizens.

From the U.S. Constitution Online website:

"The Amendment Process

There are essentially two ways spelled out in the Constitution for how to propose an amendment. One has never been used.

The first method is for a bill to pass both houses of the legislature, by a two-thirds majority in each. Once the bill has passed both houses, it goes on to the states. This is the route taken by all current amendments. Because of some long outstanding amendments, such as the 27th, Congress will normally put a time limit (typically seven years) for the bill to be approved as an amendment (for example, see the 21st and 22nd).

The second method prescribed is for a Constitutional Convention to be called by two-thirds of the legislatures of the States, and for that Convention to propose one or more amendments. These amendments are then sent to the states to be approved by three-fourths of the legislatures or conventions. This route has never been taken, and there is discussion in political science circles about just how such a convention would be convened, and what kind of changes it would bring about.

Regardless of which of the two proposal routes is taken, the amendment must be ratified, or approved, by three-fourths of states. There are two ways to do this, too.

The text of the amendment may specify whether the bill must be passed by the state legislatures or by a state convention. See the Ratification Convention Page for a discussion of the make up of a convention.

Amendments are sent to the legislatures of the states by default. Only one amendment, the 21st, specified a convention. In any case, passage by the legislature or convention is by simple majority.

The Constitution, then, spells out four paths for an amendment:

• Proposal by convention of states, ratification by state conventions (never used) • Proposal by convention of states, ratification by state legislatures (never used) • Proposal by Congress, ratification by state conventions (used once) • Proposal by Congress, ratification by state legislatures (used all other times)

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Don't feel bad...I still agree with and understand the point you were making. I just could not resist the zinger.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"I'll bet it was the field goal kicker who turned him in. Damn soccer kids." --------------------------------------------------------------------- ROTFLMAO.....good one.

......but Akron.....I think it was during a basketball game - lol.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
As I stated earlier, I do think the coach was an idiot and I have little sympathy for him being fired.

However, Akron does point out the bigger picture of how we have or are creating a society of emasculating boys and demonizing many sports, activities and traditions that boys participate in.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)

There are 3 points with which I would disagree with you.

1. The public does not vote on amendments to the constitution of the United States.....only the senators

2. It was not solely about Christianity in founding this nation. It WAS about not having a state run religion. It WAS about freedom to worship any religion that a person chose or NOT to worship at all.

3. There have not been 47 states to enact anti gay marriage. There are 26 states that have an amendment not to recognize gay marriages. From Wekipedia:

"In contrast, twenty-six states have constitutional amendments explicitly barring the recognition of same-sex marriage"

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Yinyang wrote:

"Akron and most other idiots here conform to this universal "good vs. evil" notion. Growing up, they watched so many superhero stories and cartoons, that they have been convinced that every issue can be resolved by blaming the forces of evil." --------------------------------------------------------------------------- The above statement saddens me, and this is why I believe many conservatives, including myself, at times, believe many Liberals (NOT ALL) just don’t get it. It is this type of thinking that makes me understand, even without always agreeing, why Akron and other conservative posters, blast liberals so much.

I would think that we would want to use heroes, whether mythical ones like Captain America or Superman, to real ones like Doris “Dorie” Miller, Audie Murphy, or John Levitol to admire and seek out the best in ourselves. Having and admiring Heroes, that recognize, acknowledge and overcome their personal flaws, while sacrificing their own personal needs for others, or something bigger then themselves, is something I do strive for, and do admire.

I will never be what those people above are and represent, but they remind to try my best and do the decent thing. I prefer to admire those Heroes above, even the mythical ones, over the ambiguous, self centered, egotistical driven “heroes” of today. Listen to many of those (not all) who describe themselves as Liberal; their heroes are the “mythical ones” such as Tony Saprano or the self absorbed roommates on Friends. In sports, they admire Barry Bonds, Steve Nash , Ray Lewis, in the entertainment world, 50 cent, Eminem, Paris Hilton, Sean Penn, and Rosie O’Donnell or even those within the political world such as Howard Dean, Diane Fienstein, or Russ Fiengold.

It seems to many Liberals (again, not all) there seems to be no “good and bad” or “good vs. evil”, only shades of gray. Many times, I may not agree with Akron’s and others assessment of Liberals, but I do understand where their frustration comes from.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
This should piss you off. Liberals: Whats in it for ME!!! the constitution is for the individual, And thus not for the nation as a whole. The Individual should be cared for by the government and should be able to depend on them and become dependent on it.

The government should depend on its people ant the other way around.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
dzzyred wrote:

"38, i am defn not jumping into the good vs evil debate but u quoted a guy(ted nugent) who when he was 30ish obtained guardianship over a minor so he could bang her!!!" ------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks for the compliment, and personally, I would not use Ted Nugent as a positive example but.....the part of the guardianship over a minor, so he could bang her I find a little far-fetched. Where did this come from?

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
TOPIC: Liberals Continue Attempts to Castrate American Men