Law requiring Married Couples to have children with in 2 years : Swingers Discussion 75891
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsLaw requiring Married Couples to have children with in 2 years
TOPIC: Law requiring Married Couples to have children with in 2 years
Created by: Ravenarena
Original Starting post for this thread:
I heard this on the talk radio station where I live but was not able to get all of the details: There is a bill on ones of the States pending bill, that would require newly (I think) married couples to have children with in 2 years of being married.

Several questions:

1) Has anyone else heard of this?

2) Goverment intrusion VS Religious consertive"s that is what sex is only for?

3) How would States enforce this?

4) What happens if you find that you can't have children or do not want/ can't afford children with in the 2 year period?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Which bill is that? Not the voter initiative at the heart of this thread." ------------------------------------------------------------- The bill that would require Married Couples to have children within 2 years was drafted and presented by Gregg Gadow and Tom Lehrer. They are two LEFT radicals who wrote a parody (their words not mine) concerning this issue since they objected to the Washington Supreme Courts ruling in “Anderson vs. King County” which upheld a states right to define marriage as between a woman and a man.

The Washington Defense of Marriage Alliance seeks to challenging the court’s ruling. Gadow on his site admits that he “parodied the “children in two years” language, as a way of mocking the courts decision. The bill needs approx 230,000 signatures for it to bypass committee and get a vote on the floor. Currently Lehrer states they barely have 9,000 signatures and it looks like it will stay killed in committee. Thus even moderate Democrats do not seem to be supporting it.

It IS A left leaning agenda supported by the LEFT and not the right.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Scott,

I looked it up, it is the left who is supporting this bill, not the republicans. It has yet to make it out of commitee and probably never will.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I guess stupidity isn't confined to the looeny left now is it?

Thing doesnt have a snowballs chance of hell of passing.

Some states do have laws that say an unmarried couple can't live together... including the state of florida.... so i break the law everyday.

To me a both laws are stupid. and for the record i'm a republican

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
LOL Rabbit

I did great this year. I paid a marginal rate of -.04%, yep negative thanks to that $50 telephone excise tax rebate and my son that's bleeding me dry for over $15000 a year in tuition LOL

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
YY

"There are many many benefits received by married people"

This is not the first I've seen this posted by SLS posters. Just what exactly are these "many" benefits received by married people? I must be missing something, cause all I can think of is that us married people can file a "joint" tax return. And I'm not sure that is a benefit. Ever heard of the taxation "marriage penalty" legislators keep talking about getting rid of?

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Rabbit,

Thanks for the update. Interesting I wonder if any of the consertive talk radio people have jumped on this?

Elkridge MD
Username hidden
(479 posts)
Now why would any state bother with a law like that when most couples these days have their children BEFORE they are married LMAO

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
This could NEVER become law. Futhermore any elected person voting for such a bill I am sure that would be their last term in office. The Govt. cannot do that. No WAY NO HOW.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
I heard it on the intro to the afternoon news on WDEL 1150am here in Wilmington about a month ago. I did not see any such bill on the DE state agenda.

The news reporter does cover news from other states as well.

I hope something like that does not come into law.

Elkridge MD
Username hidden
(479 posts)
I would be asking if the state is going to pay for them. I know how expensive children are.

I certainly hope this is not actually true.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: Law requiring Married Couples to have children with in 2 years