Law abiding gun owners threaten Colorado Lawmakers : Swingers Discussion 2175791021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsLaw abiding gun owners threaten Colorado Lawmakers
TOPIC: Law abiding gun owners threaten Colorado Lawmakers
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 33   End
User Details are only visible to members.
If they keep talking about taking Law behaving peoples guns,,,there will be more than threats,,,People are sick and tired of all these gun protected greedy sleeling Polititions trying to do things they do not have the right to do,,Including OBAMASS Himself!!!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!!!

Mickey,

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4925 posts)
A Fish can be a weapon when used improperly, but to attempt to pass of a car (hammer, swimming pool, tall building, lawn darts) as a false equivalent to a gun is borderline retarded Having said that..I agree...the penalty for DUI should be mandatory jail time

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
party:

No, however due to the danger a unlicensed driver presents to the public, let alone an irresponsible driver, they are deemed a weapon when used improperly.

As such the punishment ought to be the same. Be irresponsible, lose the privilege to legally drive the vehicle. Become caught illegally driving, face work release prison for the illegal use of the car, and prison if you stole it.

There ought not be any difference between either, both require responsible use and with responsible use, will never harm a living being which isn't a threat to you.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7431 posts)
They cease to be law abiding when they threaten anyone, lawmakers or otherwise.

The title of this thread is comparable to "law abiding car owners drive drunk". Well, they WERE law abiding, until they misbehaved.

I don't think anyone's defending this guy, but go ahead and flog your... arrgh what's the correct fallacy here? It's still too early....

btw - adding S's to "owner" and "lawmaker" in an attempt to make it seem like it's one group threatening another group is creative, but dishonest. This is one jackass threatening someone.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19428 posts)
Robert...Cast not thy pearls before swine Cars are not designed for the sole intent of killing people....see how easy that was?

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
Vacp:

While your analogy is true that there are a great many killed or wounded by drunk drivers... We as a civilization must go from point a to b. This is why we do not immediately take the licence to operate a car from a person convicted of a DUI.

Personally I believe any conviction of a DUI, ought to carry the total loss of the vehicle and indefinite loss of licence. Given that our society is based upon individual transport and not a public transport system, this level of punishment simply isn't feasible to maintain without damaging both society and the national economy.

Through sheer force of numbers and economics, the DUI driver has won this legal battle. Fewer people however own a weapon.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7431 posts)
Robert...I agree on thye decriminalization of drugs, but you miss the point...I am talking about people who claim to be "law abiding" and use that claim to justify their right to own any number of any type of firearm they choose, yet are either demonstrative adjudicated criminals, or claim they will ignore the law.

The entire Gun Lobby argument gets flushed down the crapper

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
How many have been killed by a drunk driver?

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
I wasn't talking about the dumb idiot who made the threat against the elected official, i was talking about the waste of political capital that is gun control.

As for pot and other illegal drugs... If you consider that pot is the gateway drug of choice for many who seek a never ending escape from their pains of life. More than guns, however unless one is mentally disturbed, the gun will not warp ones mind and create a situation where by harm comes to the individual or others.

Lastly as we cannot afford to keep locking people up for simple drug offenses like pot and the fact that by legalizing it, you reduce a easy market for drug dealers and other criminals... I would support legalizing and then taxing it like we do other vices.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7431 posts)
BTW...how many people have died from Pot or hash?

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3842 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 33   End
TOPIC: Law abiding gun owners threaten Colorado Lawmakers