KKK vow mass rally over renaming of confederate named parks : Swingers Discussion 216589101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsKKK vow mass rally over renaming of confederate named parks
TOPIC: KKK vow mass rally over renaming of confederate named parks
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 1 to 10 of 66   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Pandora...Nope

A rebellion against an autocratic king from a foreign land and a rebellion against a democratically elected government the rebels swore to uphold and protect is not just apples and oranges, it's apples and cabbage.

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3772 posts)
"Nathan Bedford Forrest, a Confederate cavalry leader who traded slaves before the war and went on to become the first grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan,..."

Confederate soldiers were just misguided souls, still Americans after all was said and done. A Reb who could not accept defeat but carried on the fight, targeting the former slaves who were now free, should not be honored by a major city in this way.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
You can't cherry pick history like you do SM's at your club PP. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. You want to strike the books of every bad-guy and historical screw up in your personal collection so you don't have to hear about them again, fine. But to force that on everyone else in this country who realizes this freedom we enjoy came at the expense of a lot of blood. Confederate and Union.

And you can't call one group of people who rebelled for the right to live how they choose "traitors" without calling anyone else who did the same thing traitors as well.

Pomegranates and pomegranates

Long Beach CA

Username hidden
(1755 posts)
Why...do you think there is a Thomas Jefferson or Adolph Hitler High school in London? We rebelled against an autocratic King from foreign soil The Confederates rebelled against a democratically elected Constitutional Government those in the Military swore to upholdA Apples and Oranges

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3772 posts)
Vacpl there are people's on BOTH side of this issue, and what is so sad is they are still fighting a war that ended over 148 yrs ago. It is time to move on people, trust me it is over. It ruined lived, families, and crippled our country for years after it was all said and done. As a boy growing up on Air Force bases in the south and the north I got to see the dage done so long ago. The KKK, seperate bathrooms and water fountains, and eating places. The ghettos in the north, so no one side has clean hands. But we have come along way in the past 50 yrs. now to get people just to forget what they didn't do, and start fresh. I mean come on folks the ones who started this war and fought it are long gone!

Keller TX

Username hidden
(537 posts)
Vacpl there are people's on BOTH side of this issue, and what is so sad is they are still fighting a war that ended over 148 yrs ago. It is time to move on people, trust me it is over. It ruined lived, families, and crippled our country for years after it was all said and done. As a boy growing up on Air Force bases in the south and the north I got to see the dage done so long ago. The KKK, seperate bathrooms and water fountains, and eating places. The ghettos in the north, so no one side has clean hands. But we have come along way in the past 50 yrs. now to get people just to forget what they didn't do, and start fresh. I mean come on folks the ones who started this war and fought it are long gone!

Keller TX

Username hidden
(537 posts)

Keller TX

Username hidden
(537 posts)
PP, by that logic, don't you think the English should do the same thing to us? I mean, we were traitors to their empire by splitting off way back when and what's redeemable about traitors ever?

The entire US should beg and plead to be reinstated into the British empire so we don't have to continue living in this shame we brought onto ourselves by being traitorous traitor-ers...

Such complete nonsense. History happened and was recorded, as it always is, by the victors. The south lost. Game over. Changing the name of a park isn't going to erase history, change what happened, or stop people from being offended by one thing or another. It isn't going to correct the damage done. All we can do now is EDUCATE the next generation so it doesn't happen again. You can't educate if you keep rewriting the history all around you.

IMO, These places and their names should stand as a reminder of just how far we've come as a society from those knuckle dragging idiots who thought the color of your skin should dictate how you were treated. Instead of renaming these places, why not instead install a big fucking sign at the entrance for all to read exactly who it's named for what they did, how it affected lives, and let the person reading it decide how they feel about it in their own personal way. Let everyone know that a portion of the parking fee is being sent to the Negro college fund or some other charitable organization that helps to advance the people who were directly effected by slavery and racial inequality.

In 50 years we can do the same thing to every park, street, and government building named for every nutbag who currently wants to limit the rights of gays and a womans right to choose and any of a number of things that society will find offensive in our future.

Long Beach CA

Username hidden
(1755 posts)
I am thinking that there are peeps who don't head the word of President Lincoln, he want the wounds and the rift healed between the North and South, even in his Gettysburg address he talks about the loss on both sides. As a retired soldier I do understand the stand both sides make on this issue, but as a citizen I feel we can't move forward till it is put to rest.

Keller TX

Username hidden
(537 posts)
AS for Nathan Bedford Forrest, he was a war criminal and genocidal sociopath who should have been hanged

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3772 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 1 to 10 of 66   End
TOPIC: KKK vow mass rally over renaming of confederate named parks