Justice Scalia is Anti-Second Amendment, Isn't He : Swingers Discussion 108174
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsJustice Scalia is Anti-Second Amendment, Isn't He
TOPIC: Justice Scalia is Anti-Second Amendment, Isn't He
Created by: sappholovers
Original Starting post for this thread:
Justice Scalia in his majority opinion striking down the D.C. gun control law did maintain the constitutionality of gun control laws.

"Nothing in our opinion," Scalia wrote, "should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms."

Doesn't the above statement make Justice Scalia anti-2nd amendment, just as posters down here argue that Obama's support for certain gun control laws make him anti-2nd amendment, despite Obama's statements that he supports the individual right to bear arms.

So who sees Scalia as anti 2nd Amendment?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 155   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Hit the intelligence limit again I see. "

oh sorry, I'll use the dj intelligence..."yawn"

Arizona City AZ
Username hidden
(2472 posts)
"Not the Willie Horton argument!! Geez, can we have a helping of the fat, black Aunt Jemima welfare queen as well? Please, I need a fix. "

so true, so true....

"Funlady was in here a couple of days ago with the welfare queen rant. "

you guys are crackin me up....lol

Arizona City AZ
Username hidden
(2472 posts)
Funlady was in here a couple of days ago with the welfare queen rant.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17352 posts)
Willie Horton was the first name that came to mind that everyone knows about. It would take a lot of time to research and post for someone in each state to use as an example.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Not the Willie Horton argument!! Geez, can we have a helping of the fat, black Aunt Jemima welfare queen as well? Please, I need a fix.

Nanjemoy MD
Username hidden
(2045 posts)
What's wrong with actually enforcing the laws? What's wrong with ending plea bargains?

Why are there laws if they are not being enforced?

How many career criminals get arrested for felonies and are back on the streets in a year or so and commit the same crime again. If they were still serving their sentence then someone wouldn't have been robbed, shot, stabbed or otherwise victimized.

Willie Horton comes to mind.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
"Enforce the law, end plea bargains. "

build more prisons...yadda, yadda, yadda

Arizona City AZ
Username hidden
(2472 posts)
Sapp, Yes I do agree. Now this is my opinion on the subject. If politicians would force prosecutors to actually try the criminals and demand that judges give the maximum sentencing that would be a good start. No plea bargains No turning states evidence No early parole No time off for good behavior No two or three for one days Make jail time on multiple counts run back to back Take away the t.v.'s Hell I kind of like the tent jails they have in AZ.

Actually enforce the laws. Don't take this the wrong way. I am not trying to Bash Clinton here. But during the Clinton Administration 49% of illegal weapons charges(federal) were never prosecuted. I don't know if his admin was responsible or not. I don't know if it was just something that happened. But it wasn't right.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Sweetbutt:

The statistics you cite about minority men suggests that Americans need to address the problems that lead to these statistics with wisdom, concern, conscience and concerted action.

We are trying to end violence and pacify Baghdad at the cost of $2-3 trillion. I'd say it's much more important to try to curtail violence and pacify our most violent places in America by efforts at reconstruction and intervention.

I certainly don't think gun control is the best way to address the problem of minority violence and violent crime committed by all people in the USA. But I hope people are unwilling to tolerate such high levels of violence and take various forms of wise, effective action to curtail it?

Do you agree?

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
"Most murders involve firearms, and young minority men are at especially high risk of being murdered with a gun. "

Young minority men also commit more murders. Young minority men also commit more robberies. Young minority men also commit more home invasions. Young monority men also commit more forcable rapes.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 155   End
TOPIC: Justice Scalia is Anti-Second Amendment, Isn't He