Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Judge Strikes Down Hazleton's Illegal Immigrant Law
TOPIC: Judge Strikes Down Hazleton's Illegal Immigrant Law
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   21 to 30 of 41   End
User Details are only visible to members.
That's ok sometime disagreeing can beinteresting.

I find opposing points of view interesting most of the time. Makes me think outside my box. Sometime it even changes my mind on some thing. Never know.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
oops I forgot no I do not think they should be buying gourmet food if receiving food stamps and public assistance.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
I have no problem with people needing and recieving assistance when its proven to be needed. I am all for a program to get them some education and get off or public assistance as quickly as possible. Someone on public welfare shouldn't be driving brand new luxury vehicles. If they can make that type of payment give the car back get something with in your means and buy your food. They shouldn't be strutting into the public assistance office decked out like a designer labeled walking bill board. If you can dress like that get a grip on your spending and take care of business first. Walmart sell jeans for 14.95 you can buy 5 pairs to one of others.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Well I guess that is a real problem but they don't have rights to all the due process in my oppinion. So if they are illegal and commit a crime. No trial just serve the punishment and be sent right on outta here. Better yet put a tracker in their neck like we do for pets now adays and send them back and have an alarm sound if they re-enter this country. I have no compassion for illegals.

I guess it comes back to better watch and making it harder to be here illegally.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
I don't see how someone who isn't an American Citizen and isn't under the protection of our constitution ...can have their constitutional rights violated.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
December

From I-9 instruction, form expiring 3/2007:

"Section 2 - Employer. For the purpose of completing thisform, the term "employer" includes those recruiters and referrers for afee who are agricultural associations, agricultural employers or farmlabor contractors..............

Employers must complete Section 2 by examining evidence ofidentity and .................

Employers must sign and date the certification. Employees mustpresent original documents.....

Employers may, but are not required to,photocopy the document(s) presented. These photocopies may onlybe used for the verification process and must be retained with the I-9.However, employers are still responsible for completing the I-9."

Notice last para, may but not required to photocopy the documents. It's easier to photocopy than write down all the info to be obtained which I have deleted from above for brevity.

My employee files retain copies of these documents with the I-9 in the employee file and will remain so.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
December

"Regarding Stpete comments on Form I-9: This form is not used for proof of citizenship; it is only proof of your eligibility to work. In this country, you need not be a citizen to be eligible to work. The rest of the comments are on target. "

I never said the I-9 is used as proof of citizenship! What I said is that the completed I-9 lists various documents to be collected by the potential employer such as drivers license, ss card, birth certificate, passport, etc. There are 3 columns and the form instruction tell you how many of the documents from each list are required to be collected.

"Let me take the I-9 further. Until recently, copies of the documents used to complete an I-9 needed to be on file. That is no longer required due to the stolen identification crisis this country is experiencing. "

As an manager required to collect this information for my company I have received nothing from any government authority that currently states that copies of documents to support the I-9 is not required to be kept on file. But I will definitely check into to this and report back my findings.

In addition, the I-9 is to be completed on all employees not just aliens.

From a human resources page (just goggle Form I-9):

"I-9 Form

Filling out an I-9 form is one of the finals steps to hiring a new employee. The purpose of an I-9 form is to verify that an employee is eligible to work in the United States. The United States Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service requires that the I-9 form be completed within the employee’s first three days of work. Notice regarding expiration of control number on Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification: The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) control number on the current Form I-9 expired March 31, 2007. USCIS is working on issuing a Form I-9 with an updated control number. This expiration does not affect employer's requirements to comply with employment eligibility verification responsibilities, and employers should continue to use this current version of the Form I-9 until an updated form is posted."

There are other articles stating that the I-9 has or is moving to electronic and employers can connect with homeland security for additional verification of employement status. But these are paid services from 3rd parties.

As a manager fulfilling employment verification for my company I have also signed up at the social security website to verify every employees ss number which is a free service to employers. You enter the employee name and social security number and the site reports back that it is a correct or incorrect match of name and number. In addition it simply says correct or incorrect even wipes out the name and number entered.

End result, that form I-9 is in my employee records along with a copy of the documents received as verification (until I find definitively that I should destroy documents). Since I was in the military, I long ago memorized my ss # and never carried a card (in fact misplaced it). Roughly 10 years ago I had to get social security to send me another card....why? To complete form I-9 for employment.

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
Let me take the I-9 further. Until recently, copies of the documents used to complete an I-9 needed to be on file. That is no longer required due to the stolen identification crisis this country is experiencing.

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
Regarding Stpete comments on Form I-9: This form is not used for proof of citizenship; it is only proof of your eligibility to work. In this country, you need not be a citizen to be eligible to work. The rest of the comments are on target.

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
ok time for a CPA to clear this up:

W-9 collected from a corporation, self-employeed persons or other business entities for the purposes of "backup withholding" not an employee. Corporations x the box that they are "exempt" from "backup withholding". If the entity is not exempt (ie other than a corporation) the form is used to withhold just like taxes withheld from an employee for all renumeration received.

For employees:

Before they can collect a paycheck they complete the following or don't go on the payroll:

Form I-9 which lists 3 columns of "acceptable" identification of US citizenship. Most of the time that consists of thier social security card and drivers license (of which a copy is made and placed in thier employee file). This is the only document for citizenship.

Form W-4 to claim the number of personal exemptions they are claiming for purposes of tax withholding.

That's all that's requested and filed. Without the I-9 and W-4 no worky no pay. The copy of the SS card and drivers license supports the I-9

St Petersburg FL
Username hidden
(989 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   21 to 30 of 41   End
TOPIC: Judge Strikes Down Hazleton's Illegal Immigrant Law