Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics John Perkins Confessions Of An Economic Hitman
TOPIC: John Perkins Confessions Of An Economic Hitman
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 22   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Don't you people see that this whole "left v. right"/ mainstream media stuff is a sham? All that matters is: IS IT TRUE? All the sources can be verified, or not. You can't know unless you READ THE STUFF. Bias, is unavoidable; deliberate bias is inexcuseable. Good day.

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
Five bucks used on Amazon...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17429 posts)
"The New York Times Bestseller List, then 19 other bestseller lists including the Los Angeles Times, San Francisco Chronicle, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and Washington Post. The author has been interviewed repeatedly on national radio and television shows, including Amy Goodman's Democracy Now, CSPAN's Book TV, and PBS' Now with David Brancaccio"

Uh... How "mainstream" is mainstream enough?

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
Lusty settle down, don't make this discussion turn into a flame war. I think you can tell by the authors title and reading passages from his website and others, the basic message he is trying to send. That America cheats and exploits smaller countries and that we are if not the greatest, one of the greatest sources of misery and poverty in the world. Maybe I'm failing to READ between the lines?

From economichitman(dot)com

In this shocking memoir, Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, John Perkins tells of his own inner journey from willing servant of empire to impassioned advocate for the rights of oppressed people. Covertly recruited by the United States National Security Agency and on the payroll of an international consulting firm, he traveled the world—to Indonesia, Panama, Ecuador, Colombia, Saudi Arabia, Iran and other strategically important countries. His job was to implement policies that promoted the interests of the U.S. corporatocracy (a coalition of government, banks, and corporations) while professing to alleviate poverty—policies that alienated many nations and ultimately led to September 11 and growing anti-Americanism. Within a few weeks of its release , Confessions of an Economic Hit Man landed onThe New York Times Bestseller List, then 19 other bestseller lists including the Los Angeles Times, San Francisco Chronicle, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and Washington Post. The author has been interviewed repeatedly on national radio and television shows, including Amy Goodman's Democracy Now, CSPAN's Book TV, and PBS' Now with David Brancaccio. And now the book is being published in 9 languages around the world. According to John Perkins, "It is accomplishing an important objective in inspiring people to think and talk and to know that we can change the world."

“[A] gripping tell-all book….” --Rocky Mountain News “John Perkins' story is so astonishing it defies belief…. imagine the conceptual love child of James Bond and Milton Friedman.” --Boston Herald

“…compulsively readable and revealing.… Resisting threats and bribes, Perkins persisted and wrote his well-documented confessional. He has produced an unflinching and forceful insider’s look at how the U.S. government, multinational ‘aid’ organizations and corporations are following a dangerous path in their pursuit of oil and other resources.” --Winnipeg Free Press

Maybe I'm missing something?

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Lots of stuff on both sides never make it into the MSM.

I really stopped watching TV for the most part about 15 years ago. I still watch the occasional History channel or Discovery thing, but I haven't watched a sitcom since "All in the Family."

My revelation came when I figured out how they were making money. When I realized that the programs, including the news, were simply filler for the commercials, where they make the money, I decided not to watch anymore.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17429 posts)
You want to know about some topic, READ A BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Want to know about a book; Read IT! Looking to the "mainstream media" to filter it for you! I thought you HATED the "mainstream media"?! OMFG!

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
" Now I have not had a chance to read these books, but I can take a good guess as to what they are basically saying."

What the fuck is wrong with you!!!!

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(260 posts)
It really disturbs me that I couldn't find this guy on any of the Mainstream media news sites. If he's wrong or lying he should be debated and exposed. His exclusion from the Media may give him credibility that he may not deserve. I would think at least CNN or FOX would have had him on one of their shows. Especially shows like Hannity and Colmes, those guys love finding far left authors, it's good ratings.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
I have heard about the guy, but haven't read his book.

It seems to me in the same vein as "Disaster Capitalism" and similar books that have gained some traction recently.

My opinion: Completely unregulated capitalism is bad. There should be reasonable regulation. Of course, the sticky part is where are the lines. My reasonable is your unreasonable.

Plenty of evidence on both sides of the coin. But I will come down on reasonable regulation.

But thanks. I'll look this up and see if I can pick up a copy.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17429 posts)
Yeah good luck with that. Tell your doctor to up your meds, find out about the benefits of Lithium. It's not your father's Anti-Psychotic Medication anymore........

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 22   End
TOPIC: John Perkins Confessions Of An Economic Hitman