John Kerry says there was NO bloodbath after the US left Viet Nam : Swingers Discussion 829621041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsJohn Kerry says there was NO bloodbath after the US left Viet Nam
TOPIC: John Kerry says there was NO bloodbath after the US left Viet Nam
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   41 to 50 of 54   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Destin

"St Pete, we hardly colonize...lol, I think you have the USA mixed up with the Catholic church... "

I guess you need to re-read what I posted. I didn't say we colonize. I said "if "using the argument that we've stayed in Korea and Germany for this many years to justify staying permanently in Iraq, then we may as well change to a policy of "colonizing" any other country with which we disagree. We could start with Iran, Syria skip down to Venezuala and Cuba. Who knows how far we could run such a policy!

Quiet frankly I firmly believe that regardless of how long we would stay in Iraq whether it's 3 months, 6 months, a year or 10 years, the Iraqis will more than likely never stand up for themselves nor secure thier own future under the current ground conditions. The friggin Iraq parlement wants to got on vacation after doing what? And so they can avoid the August heat of Iraq?

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
The Swift Boat people called Kerry a liar(he is) and asked he release his record...he did not...He is and was a coward...defend that in combat...

Destin FL

Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Dar I agree, it would be nice not to be there...I am afraid we are in Iraq for the duration, good bad or indifferent.

St Pete, we hardly colonize...lol, I think you have the USA mixed up with the Catholic church...

Destin FL

Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Destin

"Dar, how long have we been in Germany and So. Korea? "

I don't see this as a reason for staying anywhere else. If it is then we should start "colonizing" in every place we have a beef with.

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
Angel

"How long is it gonna take to stabilize Iraq to the point there wont be a problem once we do leave? (just a rough guestimate) I think that may be the problem.. no matter when we withdraw, its likely to be a problem."

I'm reminded of an interview with some mid east historian on a talk radio broadcast roughly 5 years ago (it was shortly after we went into Iraq). He stated that the Iraqies would "never" stand up for them selfs, that they never had in thier history and never would. His analogy was when the republican guard and Iraq army were walking out of the desert in the hundreds surrendering in the first Gulf War.

"I really dont see much of an indication that the Iraqi Government is really doing much of anything, or taking things over really.. shouldnt they be doing more for themselves???"

Neither do I.

"It was my understanding that the US Military was to defend the USA.. not some 3 world country.. thats nation building.. not defense."

Didn't GW compaign in 2000 "against" "nation building"??

"Seems to me that the troops might be better deployed along our own boarders (and at other places around the world we keep a presence) if we are really worried about terrorists attacking us.. face it as things are now.. pretty anyone can just saunter across the boarder un-noticed."

Anybody see where 1/2 of the national guard troops on the Mexico/USA border have been pulled off?

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
Dar, how long have we been in Germany and So. Korea?

Destin FL

Username hidden
(14562 posts)
amen destin.

John Kerry would be the last man on the planet I'd want to follow into armed conflict. But from what I've read the only thing you saw of kerry in combat was his lilly white ass running away, then injuring himself so he can get another metal. If memory serves cowardice in the face of the enemy is an offense punishable by death.... providing your men don't shoot you first.

Lake Worth FL

Username hidden
(7207 posts)
As a Viet Nam Vet, I can tell you I feel like Fonda and Kerry are traitors, as do the majority of vets. Anytime you aid the enemy you are self serving and against the US and her troops...including those in Congress doing the same today...When are the American people going to wake up and get rid of these Anti American people? Yes you can disagree and try to make change but this goes way beyond that!

Kerry left the field of battle and his men due to his false reports of his injuries, then he aided the enemy by his actions and words...nothing else really matters, he should have been tried and convicted for his lies and actions.

Destin FL

Username hidden
(14562 posts)
well dzzy,

the president never said the mission was over. The mission of toppling suddam was most certainly accomplished. The mission for the aircraft carrier he was on was accomplished or they wouldn't have be re-deployed. Just because major combat operations are over doesn't mean that the shooting stops.

I'm not at all happy with the prosecution of the war in iraq or afghanistan, we're trying to win a war by worrying about what europe thinks. You win wars by killing the enemy, US troops are not trained to feed people, they are trained to kill them. We fight will one hand behind our back so we don't offend the "sensabilities" of the liberals and europe. WHen we should be focusing on brutality to our enemy so we can bring our boys home with honor.

Lake Worth FL

Username hidden
(7207 posts)
I can't speak to the accuracy of the alleged comment but I can say that this statement does speak to the state of mind of the Anti War Left. When you talk about the real possibility of atrocities and region wide civil war, not to mention a huge refugee crisis all over the middle east. They kind of roll their eyes and say that it won't happen.

i have never heard anyone from the left say that the problems in the middle east will dissapear after our troops leave. to the contrary, i believe the people on the left recognize that there is a civil war going on now...and therefore appropriate to reapportion the troops...

besides the mission was already accomplished, no? :-)

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   41 to 50 of 54   End
TOPIC: John Kerry says there was NO bloodbath after the US left Viet Nam