Joan Rivers unrepentant about Jewish TV joke : Swingers Discussion 217921
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsJoan Rivers unrepentant about Jewish TV joke
TOPIC: Joan Rivers unrepentant about Jewish TV joke
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
Joan Rivers is refusing to apologise about controversial comments she made about Jews during a segment on her U.S. TV show "Fashion Police," insisting she uses humour to remind the public about the Holocaust.

The veteran funnywoman, whose parents were Russian Jewish immigrants, critiqued a dress worn by German supermodel Heidi Klum during Monday's episode of the E! series, saying, "The last time a German looked this hot was when they were pushing Jews into the ovens."

The remark, in reference to the Jewish prisoners of war killed by Nazis during the Holocaust, upset leaders of America's Anti-Defamation League, who demanded an apology from Rivers.

However, the comedienne is unrepentant about her remark. "It's a joke. This is the way I remind people about the Holocaust, I do it through humor. My husband lost his entire family in the Holocaust, so let's just start with that," she told "Showbiz Tonight." "Your generation doesn't even know what I'm talking about. By my doing a joke (it) gets them talking, thinking. Didn't bother Heidi, doesn't bother me. Why don't you worry about the anti-Semites out there (instead)?"

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
The ADL is a hate group...who cares what they think?

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
America's WWII veterans are almost extinct. Emigrant Russian Jews of that era are, too. Ms. Rivers has a dying audience, some of whom may still laugh at her jokes. In this modern, post-20th Century era, she has a dwindling audience, and her humor goes beyond their experience.

If Ms. Klum wasn't offended, neither should anyone else be.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6884 posts)
From Wiki.........................

"Niggas vs. Black People" is the title of one of Chris Rock's most famous and most controversial stand-up comedy routines. This routine, which appeared as track 12 on his 1997 album, Roll with the New, as well as his 1996 HBO special, Bring the Pain, is widely considered to be the breakthrough routine that established his status as a comedy fixture after he left Saturday Night Live. The routine is also widely cited as his magnum opus.

Essentially an eight-minute rant about behaviors that Rock sees within the black community; he describes "niggas" as a cohort whose behavior—which embodies many negative African-American stereotypes—is usually detrimental to the image of other black people. The "niggas," he said, glorify ignorance and sloth, and brag about fulfilling any minor responsibility. Rock rejects the view that this image of African-Americans is purely cultivated by the media. In the routine, he says, "When I go to the money machine tonight, alright, I ain't looking over my back for the media, I'm looking for niggas! What, you think I've got three guns in my house 'cause the media outside?"

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16796 posts)
Joan Rivers is refusing to apologise about controversial comments she made about Jews during a segment on her U.S. TV show "Fashion Police," insisting she uses humour to remind the public about the Holocaust.

The veteran funnywoman, whose parents were Russian Jewish immigrants, critiqued a dress worn by German supermodel Heidi Klum during Monday's episode of the E! series, saying, "The last time a German looked this hot was when they were pushing Jews into the ovens."

The remark, in reference to the Jewish prisoners of war killed by Nazis during the Holocaust, upset leaders of America's Anti-Defamation League, who demanded an apology from Rivers.

However, the comedienne is unrepentant about her remark. "It's a joke. This is the way I remind people about the Holocaust, I do it through humor. My husband lost his entire family in the Holocaust, so let's just start with that," she told "Showbiz Tonight." "Your generation doesn't even know what I'm talking about. By my doing a joke (it) gets them talking, thinking. Didn't bother Heidi, doesn't bother me. Why don't you worry about the anti-Semites out there (instead)?"

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2657 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Joan Rivers unrepentant about Jewish TV joke