Janet Napolitano Resigning Today : Swingers Discussion 224916
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsJanet Napolitano Resigning Today
TOPIC: Janet Napolitano Resigning Today
Created by: vabeachcouple33
Original Starting post for this thread:
On the front page of drudge. No details.

While drudge is often sensational, or even misleading, they are usually not outright "wrong".

Any thoughts?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Can anyone please provide any proof that Napolitano did anything that increased the security of America during her appointment? Or did she just ride the wave of 'security scare' politics long enough to enrich her personal bank account?

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6907 posts)
Hmmmmmm I think she is leaving thinking that she will not have to answer to many ???? But I hope they nail her fat ass to the wall. Never could stand that bitch,, Just my thoughts.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4875 posts)
Academic politics are brutal. Google Norm Finklestein. Read his story.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
Yes, tbr, although at least it'll be largely contained within her own microcosm. She'll still have assholes to deal with. Just different ones.

As I'm sure you know, I'm quite familiar with academic politics. Which is why I left academia.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19141 posts)
Yep good riddance for sure. I know Az was glad to get rid of her, I feel better that she won't have any more to do with DHS. Now maybe Holder will walk away.

Rio Rancho NM
Username hidden
(319 posts)
She will not have her every word examined by the news media, instead it will be examined by every professor, staff member, and student.

Especially the professors. Sayre's law.

"Academic politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics, because the stakes are so low."

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
She made a good decision for herself.

Her salary will triple from $200k to $600k.

She won't have to do press conferences and have every word out of her mouth become a news story.

Her job depends on her, not the outcome of the next election.

Smart move. I'd take it too. She leaves her current post in September.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19141 posts)
As a graduate of the UC system, I am surprised that they went with a non-academic.

Institutions of higher education are notoriously parochial.

Lets see the reaction of the stakeholders.

I doubt it will be good.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
It's kind of everywhere, not just the Drudge.

Good riddance.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
Just out -

he Los Angeles Times has more:

Janet Napolitano, the U.S. secretary of Homeland Security and former governor of Arizona, is being named as the next president of the University of California system, in an unusual choice that brings a national-level politician to a position usually held by an academic. Her appointment also means the 10-campus system will be headed by a woman for the first time in its 145-year history.

Napolitano’s nomination by a committee of UC regents came after a secretive process that insiders said focused on her early as a high-profile, although untraditional, candidate who has led large public agencies and shown a strong interest in improving education.

UC officials believe that her Cabinet experiences –- which include helping to lead responses to hurricanes and tornadoes and overseeing some anti-terrorism measures -- will help UC administer its federal energy and nuclear weapons labs and aid its federally funded research in medicine and other areas.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19141 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: Janet Napolitano Resigning Today