James Cameron says that he will save us from Jesus : Swingers Discussion 743911021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsJames Cameron says that he will save us from Jesus
TOPIC: James Cameron says that he will save us from Jesus
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 70   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I agree with you simbaxx, the myth always is more fascinating then the truth. However, the events themselves did happen, the specifics even with science can never be truly known.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"Much of the Civil War, the Spanish American War, WWI, etc, etc are based on stories passed down. Does that make them fairytales or fantasies?"

I would say there are plenty of stories regarding the civil war and Spanish American War etc that have been embellished and exaggerated. Just take the stories regarding The Alamo. Archeologist are already starting to uncover some misguided information regarding it's details. It happens because each human who recites the details of any event, sees it uniquely through his own clouded vision....consequently each report of any event by story telling has the authors own twist of the details….of which no two are alike because each person has his own set of unique “eyes” he is looking through.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
"Simba please tell me of one religion that based on scientific proof? "

None...thereby never say never. That allows the door to stay open and say anything is possible. To say something is "impossible" regarding religion would not make sense when you are dealing with subject matter that has no proven reality base. Anything is possible. So....could these be the bones of Jesus....yes it's possible. How can you say it's impossible?

Let's do a little hypothetical - let's say at some point in the future with new technology and new discoveries (whatever they could be) that without a doubt it is proven that Jesus was buried in this tomb and these are his bones. Is it really going to change you as a person? Is it really going to change your relationship with God and your ultimate outcome and the way you live your life? I would think, not. I would still be the same person with the same relationship with my God regardless if these were really Jesus bones are not. So, if the ultimate outcome has little change on you and your relationship with God....what difference does it really make in the big picture when dealing with the past history of details. So, what if a few details in the past got exaggerated or embellished for the sake of religion....that will never take away your direct relationship you currently have with God himself. You have to remember...man created and made all religions. God didn't. God doesn't need religion .....man needed (and needs) religion. God doesn't have to have a religion to have a relationship with you one on one. Thats why it amazes me that people get so upset about proving or disproving any religion. Ultimately, my present relationship with God will not change regardless if I was mislead by details of the past.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Much of the Civil War, the Spanish American War, WWI, etc, etc are based on stories passed down. Does that make them fairytales or fantasies?

Personally, I think history has shown that Christ, Mohammed, Buddha etc all walked the earth. I may not believe in their positions of divinity or of being prophets, but I do believe they were real people. I also do not see why it is so important to demonize peoples faith and belief that these historic figures should not be worshiped. I chose not to, but those that do, including my wife, have never "assaulted" my sensibilities in their beliefs. I can respect people's religions without believing myself.

I respect and understand that this country was funded by Judeo Christian PRINCIPLES, not a specific belief or religion. Those who wish to rewrite history claim it was founded as a secular nation. I cannot find that anywhere, in fact the founders used the term "Pluralism" to describe the founding of this nation, NOT secularism They wanted all religions and non-believers to OPENLY participate in this country and the government, thus the term Pluralism. Secularism means removing all religion from the public domain and that violates our freedom of speech and expression.

I have not seen anything in Cameron's interviews that indicates he is anti-Christian. Skeptical maybe, interested in expanding our knowledge, possibly. However, I do understand the fears and defensiveness of many of the posters, based on some of those in Hollyweird, the media, and many on the left who openly loath and attack Christianity. Also JNM, the word STUNT does not possess a negative or positive meaning. You twist what I say into what you want it to say. I have seen actors, professional athletes, politicians, lobby groups, advertisements selling a product on TV etc, use STUNTS to promote their agendas. Promotion is NOT necessarily a bad thing, only you seem to think so. So grow up and stop telling people what the mean or what they say.

Again, my wife who is Christian and I, who is not, are interested in watching this. However, our media, as well as some of the more liberal posters here, are always concerned about hurting the "feelings" of some loud mouth atheist who gets "offended" by religion. Shouldn't we also be open to concerns of those posters, who state they are Christian, and are defensive towards both the stated and their perceived unstated purpose of this documentary.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
:) @ Perfect!!

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Simba please tell me of one religion that based on scientific proof?

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
I would agree with you that is IMPOSSIBLE.......IF there was proof that Jesus body ascended to heaven. There is no proof of that either. Only faith by stories handed down through many generations. Not unlike many other faiths having other stories being handed down through generations. Whos stories are the correct stories? Who's stories didn't get twisted and changed through the generations and translations? As we all know what happens to stories that get handed down through many languages over time.....they easily change. So most likely there is no one religion that has it all correct due to the nature of man and the flaws of the written word. Consequently, I never say anything is impossible unless there is solid proof behind it. The likelihood of it is slim....but not to the point of impossible.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
"Do I think what they have found is the bones of Jesus and family? From the stats I think it is very possible".....Well I really do not care about the " stats'' because it is IMPOSSIBLE to find the bones of Jesus...his family( ie mother, father) yeah, Jesus......NEVER!!

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
If these name were the most common names then it stands to reason that a most of the familes would have these names. So it also means that most of the familes that are buried together would have these names. So it is more proble than not that the graves found would have these names as opposed to any othger name. However way it is cut it is still someone who oppses christianity trying to poke holes in the foundation of it beliefs.They can go swipe my credit card.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
From the clips I've seen, they interview the original archeologists and he states his doubts in the film. However, I think the point made in the film is the from the statitions (sp?) that say the odds of finding this grouping of names in the same burial site our 2 million to one. No one disputes they are common names for the times.... the fact that these group of names are together is the important point. The is a whole different set of odds....which ultimately proves nothing but stats.

Do I think what they have found is the bones of Jesus and family? From the stats I think it is very possible. Does it prove it to me? No. Does it make me think it's possible? Yes. About the only thing that would prove it to me without any reasonable doubt for me would be if the Shroud of Torin DNA matched the DNA bones. The likelihood of those two things matching must be a billion to one. That would prove it for me. Anything short of that is just speculation and the odds aren't high enough to influence me in to "proof".

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 70   End
TOPIC: James Cameron says that he will save us from Jesus