James Cameron says that he will save us from Jesus : Swingers Discussion 743911011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsJames Cameron says that he will save us from Jesus
TOPIC: James Cameron says that he will save us from Jesus
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 70   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Absolutely

Battle Ground WA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Simbaxxx,

Excellent points...simply put, but with depth and pointing out many of the same ways I view religions. There is more that brings them to a commonality, then focusing on the differences that separate them.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I defend all faiths. They all serve a purpose and although they are all different......from what I've seen they really aren't that different at the heart of the core. It's just the fluffy details surrounding the core that is all different....and fluff to me....doesn't serve much purpose.

Battle Ground WA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
In response to JNM's wife's comments;

dewbs, goths, dorks, rads, slims, fatties, poor kids, ugly kids, un-athletic kids, kids who easily cried or were sensitive, physically weak kids, kids with dirty or poor looking un-cool cloths etc., were all mocked and made fun of throughout K through 12. Growing up in my area throughout the 1960s and graduating in the early 1970s, being a Christian, openly admitting you went to church or believing in God was not cool and was mocked and you were beat up. The point is that everyone has labeled, verbally abused, or has been made fun of, at one time or another. Yet, many concentrate or center on religion being the only thing that is or makes people intolerant or bigoted. Whether someone called you a name that had a negative religious connection versus one that made fun of you being fat, the hurt that is felt by the individual is still painful and scaring.

The experiences with Christians by JNM's wife is not the same experience that others have had, including myself have had. I have met intolerant and hateful people who were Jewish and blasted anyone who was not. However, I am smart enough to know that most Jewish people do not reflect that attitude, and the intolerance that group had was not what the majority of the Jewish faith believe. Living in the Middle East for almost 5 years, I found the majority of Muslims had a basic religious belief that any non believer was an infidel. Yet even with that belief I became friends or friendly with the large majority of them. I had dinner at many different homes, where in private we would debate and discuss religious tolerance. Simply put, most had no respect or tolerance for any religion but their own. The names they could use when describing the Christian, Jewish or Hindu faiths was an eye opener to say the least. However, they were still a gracious and open people when dealing with me in a one on one setting.

In all my travels I have found that the majority of those who are of Christian and Jewish faiths, to be not only the most tolerant, but also the most open in accepting and respecting others beliefs, regardless whether those beliefs are one of faith or of a non believer. There are exemptions to everything, but the condemnation of Christians as a whole I find perplexing and unfair. Here is the U.S., the most intolerant people, at least from my experiences, are many of the ones who share my beliefs, agnostics and atheist. For that I am embarrassed and I apologize to anyone of any religious faith, as I do not share their views of negativity and hatred towards religion, as well as the current hatred towards Christianity.

Again, I point out that JNM has defended, through his silence, those he calls his fellow lib posters, who in the past verbally attacked Israel and the Jewish people. I defended the Jewish people, just as I am defending those of Christian faith now.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"It would be naive to not believe that the director, producer and editor do not embellish, slant and exaggerate their views of the findings. "

$$$ CHA CHING $$$

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Good one, sim!

Your post are always well recieved, show open and honest insight, with a little touch of humor. We need more of that.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"It would be naive to not believe that the director, producer and editor do not embellish, slant and exaggerate their views of the findings. "

I agree. Only the news is suppose to be without embellishment or slant. Note...I did use the word suppose.

Battle Ground WA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Simbaxx wrote:

"Consequently, any reporting of Jesus and translation of stories would be embellished and exaggerated by man to enhance the attractiveness of the new Christianity religion." ------------------------------------------------------------------ Your entire post is very well stated and I agree with it. Now, apply that same logic as stated above to this Documentary being shown and Cameron's promotion of same. There is always a certain amount of embellishment and exaggeration by ANY person to attract people to something. That includes Cameron's advertising and appearing on shows to promote this upcoming special. It would be naive to not believe that the director, producer and editor do not embellish, slant and exaggerate their views of the findings. As you have correctly pointed out that is human nature.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Religion is based on one thing...FAITH....One accepts the word. I do not ask for proof that Jesus died is risen and sits on the right hand of the father. I believe in the Holy Trinity.. the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. These are the tenets of my FAITH. I do not question ANYONE on what they want to believe. I do not seek to poke holes in what they hold as the foundation of thier beliefs. It is thiers to have and to hold. I could be wrong they could be wrong, the only time you are going to know is when you die.To make a mokery of my FAITH as what JNM does goes beyond the pale.Simba I have no problems with your questions, no problem in your stance. You believe what you chose and question what you chose...JNM on the otherhand can go swipe my credit card.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
I have never doubted that Jesus "happened"..... I just doubt the specifics as they have been reported - aka translated. In the first few hundred years after Jesus "death" one would assume that human nature was then as it is now. Consequently, any reporting of Jesus and translation of stories would be embellished and exaggerated by man to enhance the attractiveness of the new Christianity religion. You certainly aren't going to tell stories and tales that would work against the attractiveness of your religion. You are going to enhance your stories to convince the most amount of people. The "intent" of the stories in the Bible are important but the hows, whos and exactly whats are questionable at best. Did Jesus turn water in to wine? Maybe....but I kind of doubt it. Would it change my opinion if he really did? No, because my relationship with God is not based on details.

Battle Ground WA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 70   End
TOPIC: James Cameron says that he will save us from Jesus