James Cameron says that he will save us from Jesus : Swingers Discussion 74391101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsJames Cameron says that he will save us from Jesus
TOPIC: James Cameron says that he will save us from Jesus
Created by: joeodd2
Original Starting post for this thread:
He has DNA people....Apparently he believes Jesus may be the real father of Baby Dani Lynn....... When will the Christ bashers give it a rest and let people celebrate and enjoy their faith. I don't see any hard hitting documentaries going behind the "myth" of Islam. Hollywood is made up of cowards. And the left looses credibility when they defend this nonsense. It's sad.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 70   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The funny part of all this..... the religious community and the scientists and the archeologists DON'T dispute the fact that these are members of A Joseph's family of which in this family is buried A Jesus and A Mary and A Mary Magdalene and A sibling of A Jesus. They agree that part is authentic. They just don't agree that it is THEE Jesus and THEE Joseph and THEE Mary etc.... However, like the numbers guy said on the show... the odds of all those names showing up in the same burial cave is interesting. I say its damn freakie if you ask me. The odds of those exact names being buried together back then at the exact time THEE Jesus would have died... damn freakie. That would be like finding a burial site with all 5 first names of my family together....the odds of that are just too slim. Plus... I don't believe in coincidences.

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Until it is proven to be a hoax (which should be easily proven on something such as this)..... I believe in always keeping an open mind in all things. I believe in ....."never say never".

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
They did have DNA evidence and it showed that the male and female buried in this "family" cave could not be brother and sister..... i.e. Jesus and Mary Magdalene. So, with that ruled out THIS Jesus and THIS Mary Magdalene were either brother and sister-in-law, aunt or cousin, OR husband and wife. Since these tests came back as they did.... MORE extensive DNA testing will be done which was not funded by the show.

I remember hearing the thoughts regarding the original archaeologist on the show but don't remember if his face was shown at the time they were talking about him...with him.

What this show and these initial tests did..... was gather world religious leaders and scientist together and agreed that further testing and more extensive testing needs to be done. So.... the documentary was a success for things to be looked in to in a more detailed environment with different tests.

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
So no DNA evidence at all.......the original archaeologist who made the discovery was not in the documentary. Did anyone find that strange? Could it be because he calls this film a piece of shit and wants nothing to do with promoting it? It seems that they had arrived at their conclusions much the same way Darwin arrived at his conclusions regarding evolution. Circumstantial evidence spun into "fact".

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Did I understand the show to say that these findings, if they are indeed what is claimed, actually support the bible and the "Resurrection of Christ"?

I say that because during the show, it was noted that NO DNA can be compared with that on the shroud, because in the tomb that they believe is marked and designated as Jesus (the one with both a cross and a star of David engraved on it), there was NO bones, NO tissue, NO decomposition of ANY kind. The other tombs all had some type of human remains. The narrator then suggested that the resurrection might be true and that Christ may have been more then a man.

Since I am not religious nor Christian and I may be missing something, I would appreciate anyone else's thoughts or opinions. Thanks.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Your Kidding right? Has Mrs. JNM read some of Mr. JNM's posts on here? unbelievable!!!

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
I think it was fascinating.

Bridgeport PA

Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Apparently.... we must have watched different programs.

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Unfortunately I have little confidence in the validity of Mr. Cameron's finding due to the blatant adversarial manner in which he chose to introduce the film. It seems to be as motivated in trying to understand the Christian faith as Polosi's documentary "Friends of Jesus". Just seems to be Hollywood taking another shot at the Christian right. Many have already pointed out that his main points are nothing new and have have been discredited by many scholars.

Arlington TX

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
I thought the doc was well done and opens up questions. I only hope further testing is done.

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 70   End
TOPIC: James Cameron says that he will save us from Jesus