Israel Palestinian conflict : Swingers Discussion 20010210121
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsIsrael Palestinian conflict
TOPIC: Israel Palestinian conflict
GoTo Page: Less ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... More 
Start   121 to 130 of 1365   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Robert...Likud is in power because they false flagged attacks during the original election, and took a beating this time because more and more, people of Israel have come to realize Likud, not the Palestinians are reason for their problems Sorry Robert...there WILL be an independent Palestinian state by 2020...and it won't be because they surrendered..bank on it

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Party:

Hard liners like likud are in power because the people of Israel see a need for hard liners, for people who will beat the crap out of the people throwing rockets at them.

When the Palestinians learn humility, people like likud will lose power or Israel would rightfully lose any support that they have now as a result of being the victims of terrorism.

This entire situation can be analyzed best by comparing it to India during Guandi's time. Had Guandi tried insurgency tactics, the Indian's would not have had the international support, to include the support of the commoners in England.

Guandi taught humility, he taught passivity and worked to build a nation... Sadly the Muslims in India wanted a Muslim state and allowed their hate for the Indians to cloud their judgment and now they are in a state of a cold war.

The choice facing the Palestinians is a simple one. The moment someone does something really stupid and use a MWD (which are becoming more common in the terrorist nations), Israel will have every right to wipe what is left of the Palestinian's off the map and if as you say likud and those like him will not allow there to be a Palestinian state as it stands.... have near unlimited powers after a MWD attack.

So the simple choice is risk everything and lose or risk nothing and win on two fronts.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6871 posts)
By the way, before someone screeches the "Anti Semitic" card at my factual statements, let me point out that many if not MOST Hungarian, Romanian and Bulgarian Christians share the same Central Asian genus

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Maritimes..of COURSE they have European and Middle eastern DNA now...since it has been centuries since the wandered in from The Asian Steppe and procreated with the natives....this however, changes nothing.

In the 90 percentile, modern day Jew have NO intrinsic legacy to Palestine, or even eastern Europe for that matter. AS for the REAL decedents of the Hebrews of the old testament, they have had a homeland for 6000 years...in the upper Nile valley

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Robert...the idea that if the Palestinians saw the error in their ways and just bent over and spread their cheeks for likud, they could have a free independent state is nonsense...Likud's charter states 'NO independent Palestinian state west of the Jordan" No occupied nation has even broken free from their oppressors by playing nice....with the possible exception of Canada

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
Party:

It is called outdated ideals and being trapped inside their own bubble which created the messes we are in today.

"1. You present a false dichotomy, in that you claim there can be no solution save a total Palestinian surrender "

Only when the Palestinians realize that victory is impossible and that radical Islam will only lead to more war and violence, will they open up to meaningful discussions.

Their unwillingness to surrender comes from their radical Islam and the idea that if they do not surrender, that they will be punished by their God for not being Islamic enough.

History also states that the most lasting peace only comes when the weaker side no longer desires war in any fashion. This only happens when the idea of war is so horrific that total and complete destruction is the end result of continued conflict.

"2. You contend that If the Palestinians DO surrender, Israel will suddenly return the occupied territories and create a two state solution NEITHER is the case"

I never said that Israel will suddenly do anything. I said that Israel ought not do anything at all until the Palestinians choose peace and peace can only come when they (the Palestinians) wake up to the fact that war with Israel will result in one thing. The complete destruction of their way of life....

Unless war is their way of life, in which case they are no longer a people worth saving or to be concerned with for they have chosen death to be the only meaningful thing about them.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6871 posts)
I do not see what PP writes, thankfully.

Based on what MT's post, it appears that PP is trying to link the Jewish DNA to the Khazars. An old, and not particularly reliable attempt to delegitimize the Jewish claim to the land. Almost every Israel detractor that I ever met and/or debated with has used this tactic, straight out of the palestinian narrative. Facts, as explained by MT's post are against him of course.

"Israel is the very embodiment of Jewish continuity: It is the only nation on earth that inhabits the same land, bears the same name, speaks the same language, and worships the same God that it did 3,000 years ago. You dig the soil and you find pottery from Davidic times, coins from Bar Kokhba, and 2,000-year-old scrolls written in a script remarkably like the one that today advertises ice cream at the corner candy store."

-Charles Krauthammer

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16516 posts)
PP writes:

"The European Jews were and are indeed Turkik wanderers....This is not my "contention" this is historical, anthropological, and genetic fact."

Response:

Arthur Koestler advanced this theory in 1976 and it relied almost exclusively on selective historical sources that demonstrated little more than the fact that Khazak-Turk Jews existed.

Based on linguistic evidence, in 1993 Paul Wexler advanced the theory, while limiting it to the Jews of Northern Europe. (Wexler himself considered Koestler's evidence scanty and totally unreliable.)

Genetic studies in 2000's demonstrated that European Jews are more closely related to their middle east and Sephardic brethren and that the proportion of male genetic admixture in Ashkenazi Jews amounts to less than 0.5% per generation over an estimated 80 generations. The genetics also show that no more than 12% of European Jews have genetic markers that might be traceable to a single or a few ancient men Khazar descent.

PP fails to recognize that Jews in diaspora mixed with, influenced and were influenced by peoples of all colors and flavors around the world. The evidence does indeed reflect the possibility of some Khazak-Turk influence on the Jewish people of Europe, but in the face of the genetic evidence, only a misinformed observer would make the leap to the overbroad conclusion that PP presents here.

Demonstrating once again that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

Amherst Canada

Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Robert...Some of the smartest things I have ever heard have come from those of your generation, and some of the most idiotic things imaginable have come from members of the so called "greatest" generation. My criticism of your views on this topic is that 1. You present a false dichotomy, in that you claim there can be no solution save a total Palestinian surrender 2. You contend that If the Palestinians DO surrender, Israel will suddenly return the occupied territories and create a two state solution NEITHER is the case

Rosemont IL

Username hidden
(3771 posts)
So far, no one has an answer to my previous query.

I guess, I'm not the only confused one.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16516 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... More 
Start   121 to 130 of 1365   End
TOPIC: Israel Palestinian conflict