Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Israel Palestinian conflict
TOPIC: Israel Palestinian conflict
GoTo Page: Less ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... More 
Start   1071 to 1080 of 1368   End
User Details are only visible to members.
JERUSALEM — An Israeli newspaper reported Sunday that the Obama administration's top security official has briefed Israel on U.S. plans for a possible attack on Iran, seeking to reassure it that Washington is prepared to act militarily should diplomacy and sanctions fail to pressure Tehran to abandon its nuclear enrichment program.

A senior Israeli official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss confidential talks, said the article in the Haaretz daily was incorrect.

Haaretz said National Security Adviser Tom Donilon laid out the plans before Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during a dinner at a visit to Israel earlier this month. It cited an unidentified senior American official as the source of its report, which came out as presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was telling Israel he would back an Israeli military strike against Iran.

The American official also said Donilon shared information on U.S. weapons that could be used for such an attack, and on the U.S. military's ability to reach Iranian nuclear facilities buried deep underground, the newspaper said. It cited another U.S. official involved in the talks with Israel as concluding that "the time for a military operation against Iran has not yet come."

The Israeli official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss a confidential meeting, said, "Nothing in the article is correct. Donilon did not meet the prime minister for dinner, he did not meet him one-on-one, nor did he present operational plans to attack Iran." He had no information when asked if Donilon had discussed any kind of attack plans with any Israeli official. Haaretz said another Israeli official attended for part of the meeting.

The U.S. Embassy had no immediate comment. Haaretz cited Tommy Vietor, a spokesman for the U.S. National Security Council, as declining to comment on the confidential discussion between Netanyahu and Donilon. The White House also declined comment.

Both Israel and the U.S. think Iran's ultimate aim is to develop weapons technology, and not just produce energy and medical isotopes as Tehran claims. U.S. officials are concerned that Israel might attack Iranian nuclear facilities prematurely, and have been trying to convince Israeli leaders they can depend on Washington to keep Iran from becoming a nuclear power.

Israeli leaders have repeatedly said they would not contract out their country's security to another nation.

In Jerusalem on Sunday, a top Romney foreign policy adviser told reporters, "If Israel has to take action on its own, in order to stop Iran from developing the capability (to build a nuclear weapon), the governor would respect that decision." Romney also thinks the option of a U.S. attack should also be on the table.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17243 posts)
"Thank God for the NRA And the people who have been and still are a part of it. "

Lifetime member here. So what?

The NRA has gone over to the shit-crazy wackos....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
10-15 years ago, I might have agreed... How ever because of their fear mongering over political change and false accusations of the big bad government taking guns away from the people... I see the NRA as little more than helpless fat men who think they could do anything against a military ordered to do something to the population. (martial law, other actions infringing in rights)

Truth is, you will achieve a lot less than ruby ridge... Nuts who got their kids shot over failing to obey the law and cause political change to make the law as they want it... Not making law as they go.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7779 posts)
Thank God for the NRA And the people who have been and still are a part of it.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(5131 posts)
My sources war the very LOAC laws that I was instructed in, my sources are my 6 years of service and first hand experiences. Not some republican poster you see at one of your radical NRA group meetings.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7779 posts)
He gets his info from the bubble that he's been trapped in all of his life. Why do you guys even bother?!

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17243 posts)
M, it is, but I was just curious again where Bobby gets his information from. But alas he won't divulge his sources.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Wow, I thought that this is the Israel/ palstinian conflict thread.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17243 posts)
"Fact one: the rules of engagement and other that limits the US military started and largely were made under Ragaen. "

And just who did you hear this one from?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Fjep:

The reason many soldiers have taken to shooting at nothing and leaving the killing to those whom would gamble their freedom away... Is that they don't want to be interrogated for every shot fired and have to worry that bullets they fired killed the right person, but no evidence to that fact could be found.

Again, to win war, it must be hell, it must be fought without rules and laws... Because te side most willing to be the least lawful will win and those trying to be moral in war, are only playing games with people's lives.

If you can't suffer the death if innocents, then you can't pay the toll for war.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7779 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... More 
Start   1071 to 1080 of 1368   End
TOPIC: Israel Palestinian conflict