Is this BIG Brother gone too far : Swingers Discussion 73240101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsIs this BIG Brother gone too far
TOPIC: Is this BIG Brother gone too far
Created by: DANANDFDN
Original Starting post for this thread:
New York may ban iPods while crossing street Reuters Wednesday, February 7, 2007; 11:53 AM

NEW YORK (Reuters) - New Yorkers who blithely cross the street listening to an iPod or talking on a cell phone could soon face a $100 fine.

New York State (D-Booklyn) Sen. Carl Kruger says three pedestrians in his Brooklyn district have been killed since September upon stepping into traffic while distracted by an electronic device. In one case bystanders screamed "watch out" to no avail. Kruger says he will introduce legislation on Wednesday to ban the use of gadgets such as Blackberry devices and video games while crossing the street.

"Government has an obligation to protect its citizenry," Kruger said in a telephone interview from Albany, the state capital. "This electronic gadgetry is reaching the point where it's becoming not only endemic but it's creating an atmosphere where we have a major public safety crisis at hand."

Tech-consuming New Yorkers trudge to work on sidewalks and subways like an army of drones, appearing to talk to themselves on wireless devices or swaying to seemingly silent tunes.

"I'm not trying to intrude on that," Kruger said. "But what's happening is when they're tuning into their iPod or Blackberry or cell phone or video game, they're walking into speeding buses and moving automobiles. It's becoming a nationwide problem."

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
User Details are only visible to members.
No different from the current IRS

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Flat tax now! Pay federal tax as you buy...That way even tourist would pay fed. tax, illegals, criminals, Diplomats and Health care Insurance would take care of its self.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12440 posts)
" And Bush's tax credits do absolutely NOTHING for those people."...100% of zero is still zero.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)

Then you end up with the burden of establishing liability and back in the courtrooms. Not sure how that will reduce cost to the public?

PJ

Tulsa OK
Username hidden
(344 posts)
I know it's an uphill road - but the push-back is going to be coming more and more from manufacturers and other businesses who have been in the insurance business, and want to get out. And they can't afford a non-insured workforce.

Who would that be? Insurence companies are the reason arent they? for unaffordible premiums arent they? And they dont give a shit about their employees if they did they would give insurence away instead of Min. wage increases.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12440 posts)
Yeah what the name of the Insurance company that ran for office ( I forgot)? No but they make damn sure the ones they want to get elected do!

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12440 posts)
Aus:But those aren't liberal creations. If liberals had that much power, HumVees would be illegal. We don't. Those are insurance company creations.

And this is why we will never have a National health care... Thanks Aus.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12440 posts)
"I actually got a broken nose once due to being distracted by a woman."..I hit the car infront!

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
"But those aren't liberal creations. If liberals had that much power, HumVees would be illegal. We don't. Those are insurance company creations. "...Yeah what the name of the Insurance company that ran for office ( I forgot)?

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
First there was ban on smoking in public places to "protect" the kids.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
TOPIC: Is this BIG Brother gone too far