Is the regular Joe better off : Swingers Discussion 899851061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsIs the regular Joe better off
TOPIC: Is the regular Joe better off
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 179   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"The reason this country is as it is is largely because of taxes."

I agree. It's pretty screwed up. Lower taxes and shrink government and it would be a much better country.

"And you wouldn't live anywhere else."

Actually there are a number of other places I wouldn't mind expatriating myself too. If I were a young, single man with no children I would almost exclusively live abroad. In fact, I've already lived in a number of different countries for extended periods, some worse and some better than the USA. Usually the better ones are the ones with less government.

"However, you seem to be one of those of the mindset that taxes are always bad."

In general, yes, taxes are always bad. Because over time, you give the government an inch and it will take a mile. Give 'em a mile and they'll take more. They're gluttonous bastards that won't stop taking until they're forced to stop by the barrel of a gun.

But we can start small. Do away with the Income Tax and the IRS and then go from there.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
The reason this country is as it is is largely because of taxes.

And you wouldn't live anywhere else.

However, you seem to be one of those of the mindset that taxes are always bad.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17349 posts)
"that 1000 dollar toilet seat might be a seat in the crapper of a nuclear submarine. "

I've dropped many a load in one of those. They're ceramic toilet bowls like you can buy at home depot for about $150.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Of course the Republicans don't get a pass. How about that multibillion dollar embassy they're building in Iraq, or the Olympic swimming pool they build for the Iraqi police forces that has never been used. They're all crooked up in DC. Round up all the politicians and herd 'em off a cliff!

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
The Democraps are some earmarking sumbitches, too. Saw a thing on dateline where one Democrat congressman earmarked funds for a mule museum up north somewhere. What a joke!

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
should be 2.5 billion not 25 billion.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
you know the

1000 dollar toilet seat, the 100 dollar hammer thing gets old after awhile.

that 1000 dollar toilet seat might be a seat in the crapper of a nuclear submarine. IT might have speail joints that keep it from making noise so the bad guys don't find our 100 billion boomer loaded with advanced ICBMs and blow it out of the water.

The 100 dollar hammer might be a specialized tool to work on a very complex piece of high speed, aerodynamically desgined weapons delievery platform (airplane). that require special material as not to damage a 25 billion dollar piece of equipment.

But i'm sure those reasons never enter the head of a non-military person.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
“Taxation is your cost of living in this society. If you don't like it, there are plenty of other countries where the tax rates are lower. Rwanda, Anyone?”

Bull. It’s theft AND it’s slavery. Nobody in this country gets to choose whether or not they pay. We’re born into it. And you shouldn't have to expatriate yourself from the land of your forefathers just to opt out. And even if you went to Rwanda or wherever, as an American citizen born into slavery, you’d still be obligated to pay taxes. Look at Bobby Fischer, a textbook example. Greatest American chess player to ever live. Despised the US government and it’s support for Israel, so he expatriated himself and went off the map for 20 years. Then the US government had him arrested in Japan and tried to extradite him back for tax evasion. Fortuantely for him, he was able to obtain Icelandic citizenship and evade the thieves yet again.

And the income tax is really a quite recent construct. It’s not like this country didn’t get by without it for a long, long time.

“I don't know very many people who get their money out of car insurance, health insurance, life insurance, and lots and lots of other things.”

I agree. Criminal rackets, all.

“OK. Your first error is the expectation that you will receive more in benefits than you pay in. Life doesn't work that way.”

This isn’t life. This is the purchase of a product. Specifically, the purchase of goods and services from a government. They take my money and they’re supposed to give me something of worth. But they really give me very little of worth. In fact, I’d argue that then give me next to nothing in exchange for the money they extort.

“Your house does not fall down around you. Building codes and enforcement paid by your tax dollars.”

People built houses before the income tax, many of which are still standing.

“You do not usually question the safety of your food. Food inspection an regulation paid by your tax dollars.”

Salmonella in pot pies, mad cow disease, broccoli contaminated with alkalis, fruits and vegetables contaminated with all sorts of pesticides, the government only inspects about 5% of the food imports into this country, and the FDA and CDC are a joke.

“Roads. I can go places in hours that would take days without our road system. Paid for by your tax dollars.”

I’ve been to countries all over the world and yet to find one without roads. Hell, even some third world countries I’ve been to have better roads than we have here.

“You are not speaking British English, Spanish, German, or Japanese. Paid for by your tax dollars.”

Not sure what that means or how the government has saved me from that damnable fate.

“You have a reasonable expectation of safety from others. Police and fire paid for by your tax dollars.”

What do you think the fire department does after they put out your burning house, TBR? They send you a bill, that’s what.

Not to mention the fact that those services are almost exclusively NOT paid for by federal taxes. In general, those come from local taxes.

“You can petition a court for redress of grievances. Court system paid for by your tax dollars.”

The court system? You’re not serious. The court system is the joke of all jokes. You’ve really got to do much better.

“That's probably enough for now. But I could go on all day.”

I’m sure you could. It’s easy to ramble on with much adieu about nothing. Nothing of what you wrote impresses me all that much, and frankly, I’m quite ashamed of the attempt. You’re normally a lot more lucid and cogent with your points. I hardly see anything in that post that strikes me as an honest attempt to convince me I’m wrong.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
No most pork does not need to be done and almost never done by the government.

ALL departments of the fed need external audits and cost management guidance.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
The problem with pork is that is mostly in the eye of the beholder. Sure, we can all agree on some things, like some crochet museum somewhere or something. But generally, most pork are things that need to be done, and the legislator has been successful in steering the money to their community. That's pretty much what we pay them for.

And, the largest place for fraud and abuse in the budget is the military. There are pretty much constant stories about thousand dollar toilet seats or them losing track of a billion here or a billion there. So really, if you want to save on fraud and abuse, the most fruitful path would be the defense budget.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17349 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... More 
Start   61 to 70 of 179   End
TOPIC: Is the regular Joe better off