Is man capable of selfless acts of altruism : Swingers Discussion 775151071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsIs man capable of selfless acts of altruism
TOPIC: Is man capable of selfless acts of altruism
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   71 to 80 of 114   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"So depending on our government has become apart of our society thus blaming the government is selfish in its self."

I blame the government for most of societies problems and I depend on the government for *nothing*. How do you explain that?

Goose Creek SC

Username hidden
(1690 posts)
No ER we developed government to be selfish.. When it comes to protection are we not protecting ourselves through government? Selfish Kids not working in factories and going to school? This may be selfish but selfish for who? education feeds our nation so when FDR abolished child labor in the US he was being selfish for our nation. There are many differant forms of selfishness and with out narrowing the field being selfish is a good thing.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
I thought being selfish is what makes us happy, and we're happiest when we're selfish. Now I am told that we're happiest when we surrender or right to be selfish to government. This is crazytalk!

Goose Creek SC

Username hidden
(1690 posts)
"I did, "Because selfishness is appeased by the government" This is why we have set up such a thing as government. My Right to the persuit of happiness. Originally laws were dictated from the laws of man and the whims of polititians."

Huh? How can a selfish creature such as man be appeased and therefore happy by surrendering his freedom and right to be selfish?

This is getting more illogical by the minute...

Goose Creek SC

Username hidden
(1690 posts)
"Government and its "controls" are very necessary due to the selfish nature of man. If there was no "control" there would be chaos. People being selfishly over indulgent per their whims. I think the rules of government help to keep it in check. We are creatures that are selfish and we don't want other people to be able to be selfish....the ultimate in selfishness. "

I don't get it. You are saying that people are absolutely so selfish that they created government to surrender their own ability to be selfish in order to deprive others from being selfish? That logic escapses me. If being selfish dominates then why would humans ever freely choose to surrender their natural rights to one entity (government) in order to marginalize the rights of other humans? That's just bizarre.

Goose Creek SC

Username hidden
(1690 posts)
I did, "Because selfishness is appeased by the government" This is why we have set up such a thing as government. My Right to the persuit of happiness. Originally laws were dictated from the laws of man and the whims of polititians.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
"Simm: you mean everyone has an agenda that has nothing to do with yours? How selfish! LOL Good post by the way."

EXACTLY... for cripes sake why isn't the world revolving around ME!

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Simm: you mean everyone has an agenda that has nothing to do with yours? How selfish! LOL Good post by the way.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
Lucky what is the purpose of government? You haven't explained how you reconcile in your mind that even though mankind is inherently selfish he created the social structure of government to place limits on how selfish he is allowed to be. All you have done is harangue that people want too much from their government, so I ask you if the purpose of government is not to provide for it's citizens and only to take away their real freedom (the right to be completely selfish) then what good is it?

Goose Creek SC

Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Government and its "controls" are very necessary due to the selfish nature of man. If there was no "control" there would be chaos. People being selfishly over indulgent per their whims. I think the rules of government help to keep it in check. We are creatures that are selfish and we don't want other people to be able to be selfish....the ultimate in selfishness. LOL!

People have children for al ot of selfish reasons of which several have already been stated. Two selfish roots are pride and not wanting to be alone. They want offspring to success so they can be proud of them....thereby receiving the ultimate payoff emotionally. However, in the past... you had children to work the farm... to eat and survive. The larger the family the more work that could be done at home...very selfish oriented.

"Do you feel lonely when you're separated for extended duration? Assuming you do, would you attribute that desire to be together to your selfish nature or to your innate social instinct? "

Mr. Sim doesn't get lonely when alone. He enjoys it. However, it takes me about a week without him to start feeling alone and wanting interaction with him. I think it has to do with our love towards one another and not our social instinct. If it was social instinct then we would seek others to fill that void when we are away from one another. My friends don't see more of me when Mr. Sim is away.... I'm still selfish with my time and do the things I want to do. Too many times having to socialize with others is more of a pain than a benefit. It requires you to go out of your way, to take time away from your priorities to someone else's priorities ahead of your own, you accomplish other people's tasks instead of staying home and accomplishing your own, it costs you money, alll items that can easily sway a selfish person away from a lot of socializing. One of the main reasons we aren't big socialize in the vanilla world is not wanting the hassle of dealing with stupidity. Drives us crazy. Even the most mundane little things are so shocking to us as to the extent of people's selfishness. How many times have you stood in line at the grocery store and the person in front of you WAITS until its all rung up before they get their money or credit card out. There you are.....waiting.... for them to find their money in their wallet or their card buried in the bottom of the purse with no considerations for the people in line behind you ....waiting. If they weren't so selfish....and wanted to be considerate of others behind them they would be already ready to pay when the total comes up on the screen. I mean ..its not like a surprise that they have to actually pay for it. It's little crap like that that spell out how selfish people really are and have no concern or regard for others around them.

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Start   71 to 80 of 114   End
TOPIC: Is man capable of selfless acts of altruism