Is man capable of selfless acts of altruism : Swingers Discussion 775151011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsIs man capable of selfless acts of altruism
TOPIC: Is man capable of selfless acts of altruism
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 114   End
User Details are only visible to members.
That is NOT an internet story it is an AP story republished by all major news agencies. It is called a credible source, not a blog. The web site is NBC's web site. Some people might even remember Brian Williams, being on scene, reporting the tearing down of the embassy as it happened.

...and your photo proves nothing. How do we know you did not get that from a book, magazine, the internet etc and scan same. Now you standing by the emblem, outside the embassy might seem more authentic

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Sen that info is not accurate. Do not believe everything you read on the internet! I've been there firsthand, and part of the old embassy is annexed to the new consulate. And yes, the consulate has an anti-climb gate/fence all around it.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
I wrote:

"You claimed that the "consulate" is the same building as the former Embassy, it is not. "

e_r responded:

Part of it is. Fact. And it's the same compound. ------------------------------------------------------------- Up until 1998 the old Embassy was abandoned and run down with a pad lock on it's collapsing gates. In 1998 it was completely demolished including the outer fence and compound wall. A "quiet" garden has since been erected with a small bronze memorial reflecting on the war being placed near the center of the garden.

see http : / / www DOT msnbc DOT msn DOT com / id / 3072179 /

In 2002 a new building near the embassy was constructed, without walls or fencing. This business center now houses the U.S. Consulate.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Here is a pic I took at the consulate I supposedly never visited.

tinypic*com/view.php?pic=3yg9vnn

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
"Both civilized areas with a Marriott and a Radisson.... (and its Guayaquil) not exactly the deep jungle I was talking about."

Actually I stayed in the most lush hotel in Quito ... the Swissotel. I would never *ever* stay in a Radisson. What dumps! Only stay there if you want scabies!

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
"I've been to both Quito and Guyaquil. Yes, they have government in Equador too! "

Both civilized areas with a Marriott and a Radisson.... (and its Guayaquil) not exactly the deep jungle I was talking about.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Well I've been reading Er's "posts". If we ever had a governmental melt down and went back to survival of the fittest... he'd be the dinner in someones pot in about a week.

GOD liberals are so narrow minded that they can't even smell their own bullshit.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Sen, like I said I've been to scores of countries and stayed literally in hundreds of hotels. I don't recall the details of every one. Sorry that you don't believe me but I assure you it's true. I have no reason to lie.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
"You claimed that the "consulate" is the same building as the former Embassy, it is not. "

Part of it is. Fact. And it's the same compound.

As far as the businesses across the street, I have no idea. I crossed the street numerous times and almost got run down by the mopeds, but to my recollection there's no significant businesses accross the street. The French Embassy is adjacent to the American consulate though.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Your right - my typo. We had an Embassy when it was Saigon. It is now a consulate. You claimed that the "consulate" is the same building as the former Embassy, it is not.

As far as discrediting you, you have done that to yourself. I am just pointing out the inconsistencies in your "tales".

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 114   End
TOPIC: Is man capable of selfless acts of altruism