Is man capable of selfless acts of altruism : Swingers Discussion 77515101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsIs man capable of selfless acts of altruism
TOPIC: Is man capable of selfless acts of altruism
Created by: e_and_r
Original Starting post for this thread:
I've lately been re-visiting my Thomas Hobbes and John Locke, re-reading Leviathan and rediscovering the philosophies for and against the social contract that humankind has established and is the basis for government.

One question that has come to mind is in regards to psychological egoism (or the study that man is motivated only by self-interest) is whether or not you all believe that man is capable of selfless acts of altruism.

Do you believe that all men are motivated only by selfishness? I mean, I'm sure we'd all agree that men are capable of good deeds, that is not the question. The question is whether the man that comitts the good deed is capable of doing so strictly out of the goodness of his heart, or whether he intends to always be rewarded in some way for it, whether that reward be something big (wealth, prestige) or small (such as pride in himself for having done good).

I think even the neocons here would admit that a soldier is capable of throwing himself on a grenade in order to save his comrades. Is it an act of selfless altruism or is it motivated by rational self-interest?

I *am* going somewhere with this....

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 114   End
User Details are only visible to members.
E_R has listened to John Lennon's "Imagine" one too many times. Human Beings are selfish because they have free will. If you want that kind of world then take away free will, it seems pretty simple to me.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
that's a GIVEN...

wise ass ;-)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
i have banged chicks who were ugly... altruism???

I THINK SO!!

:-)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Feral I might add....

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
For someone who quotes Jesus alot....you sure are a hater....but what do I know I am a non-believer. Your childish junior high antics and sayings are comical and entertaining.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"You claiming that e_and_r has no credibility? You hide behind a woman's body" ---------------------------------------------------------- Oooooo.....a tough guy! ....or based on your mass blocking methods that would seem paranoid delusional.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
JNM in disguise with Diamonds....

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Sickem sens sickem

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
OOOHHH your gonna get it with that one....Double Secret Probation!!!!!

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I also remember the last time you scanned a photo claiming you took same and I found the photo on the internet. Another post you quickly deleted to cover up your tracks.

You have no credibility.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 114   End
TOPIC: Is man capable of selfless acts of altruism