Iraq: The Price of Failure : Swingers Discussion 725531091
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsIraq: The Price of Failure
TOPIC: Iraq: The Price of Failure
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Start   91 to 100 of 162   End
User Details are only visible to members.
ER the same could be said about the left. Blame, hitler used that game and used blame to invoke his final solution stance on the jewish problem. They are the reason for your plight in life they are to blame for all the troubles of the world. And in the end he used it against his own army, you failed to defend the father land you are to blame for all the death and destruction you failed me and now look at today. we can argue all day on who is to blame for todays problems but no solution to these things that are happening in this fucked up world. You say we are to blame for what has happened and you may very well be right but ok what is the solution.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Forcing you to listen to dissent is provoking *nothing* other than for you to use your brain. If what I say is wrong then feel free to debunk it. But your ad hominem defense is puny and weak.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Aus,

I agree with both of your points, but discussing our difference is never a bad thing.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"We are one of the few countries in the world where people will risk their lives to GET INTO.... "

Bullcrap.

You know Goerring said of course the people don't want war. But they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. Tell them they are under attack and denounce the pacifists as traitors, and poof you've got a home-made invasion. It works the same in any country. The nazis *got into* (as you put it) and there was nothing noble about it. Keep your hands off other people's property.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)

e_r just wants to be provoke and instigate. There is no debating and discussing with that poster.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
There are other ways to win a war. For instance you can win a war by waiting out your bureaucratically dominated foe who has illegitimately invaded your country under false pretenses. You simply use guerrilla warfare tactics and wait until popular support for the war in your enemies country dwindles. War is expensive in money and bodies, and it's just a matter of time before a bloated beast collapses under the pressure of its own weight.

Anytime you start drawing lines between us and them, saying "*he's* a freedom fighter, but *he's* a terrorist" you open yourself up to corrupt governments manipulating rhetoric.

The Iraqi people have the right to have all the same rights Americans have. They have the right to their land, and to their freedom, and the right to not have their sovereignty violated, they have the right to choose any government they like without outside interference, whether it be democracy or despotism. They have the right to defend themselves from attackers. And they have the right to ask for help if they feel they need it.

Americans always seem to think our way of life is righteous for some strange reason. There is nothing righteous about forcing democracy by the barrel of a gun.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Aus,

Just when I think we are miles apart in our views, you write what I consider a well defined response that separates the difference between warfare and terrorism.

Now apply what you wrote and I would think that you would viewthe Afghans, during their fight of the soviet occupation, freedom fighters not terrorist. The Afghans targets fell well within the "warfare" analogies you used.

Also, I do think most Americans view Hiroshima and Nagasaki as atrocities, but atrocities with "military target" specifics. I am sure you are aware of the military targets that each of those cities represented. People may not like the term "Casualty of War", but it is an unfortunate reality of war. There was a military reason why those cities were specifically selected and those reasons had nothing to do with purposely killing civilians.

Thanks, Aus! That was the type of response that makes me think and re-evaluate my own position. Maybe there is hope for all of us after all - lol.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I'd be curious to know the answer to that too Austin. For instance, was the attack on Fallujah an attack on a "civilian target"?

Are insurgents "freedom fighters", "terrorists", or "civilians"? Or perhaps they're two of three? Which ones. This is pretty confusing.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
"Anyone who knowingly hits civilian targets is practicing terrorism." --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tell me if I am understanding or misunderstanding you.

So in your mind, our men and women in uniform are Terrorist, because as you have stated in past post you believe we (the U.S.) "knowingly hit civilian targets".

If I am reading too much into what you have said past and present, I apologize.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"Anyone who knowingly hits civilian targets is practicing terrorism."

Now you have to define "civilian target".

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Start   91 to 100 of 162   End
TOPIC: Iraq: The Price of Failure