Iraq: The Price of Failure : Swingers Discussion 725531081
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsIraq: The Price of Failure
TOPIC: Iraq: The Price of Failure
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Start   81 to 90 of 162   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"But Lemay DID want to immediately escalate the Cuban Missle Crisis by trying to bomb Cuban missle sites. All it would have taken at that point would have been one on-the-ground Russian to decide to launch before his missle got taken out, and we'd have been right on the path to Armageddon." ------------------------------------------------------------------------ My understanding is LeMay recommended strategic bombing, not the use of nuclear weapons. As far as the Russian's retaliating by launching a nuke, you may be right and that is a good subject to debate.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I don't see anything wrong with demonizing your opposition when they are in fact really demons. Chairman Mao said that the more boisterously your oppostion harangues you, the better the job you have done delineating your planks from his. Let popular opinion decide which of you is right and which is the demon.

Goose Creek SC

Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Debjack,

I agree that Truman made the right decision. However, after the war, Eishenhower, MacArther, Fleet Admiral William D. Leahy (the Chief of Staff to the President), General Carl Spaatz (commander of the U.S. Strategic Air Forces in the Pacific), Brigadier General Carter Clarke (the military intelligence officer who prepared intercepted Japanese cables for U.S. officials), Admiral Ernest King, U.S. Chief of Naval Operations, Undersecretary of the Navy Ralph A. Bard, and Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, Commander in Chief of the Pacific Fleet, all testified that they recommended against dropping the bombs.

I also agree that those under Truman did their job in providing their opinion but following the orders of their President. It shows our system works.

Today, we have a media go apeshit when Generals are found to disagree with our President. It is made into a bigger deal then it really is. Yet, these disagreements go back to General Washington and his arguments with the Continental Congress, as well as with President Lincoln and the number of Generals he fired until he settled on General Grant. Even then History records that Lincoln and Grant were at many times in disagreement.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"And stuggle against Islamic Facsism is what we continue to do. Good answer."

I have never been subjected to the whims or desires of an Islamic Fascist.

Goose Creek SC

Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Struggle is the solution

And stuggle against Islamic Facsism is what we continue to do. Good answer.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
At the point of dropping the BOMBS all we had to do is surround the main Island of japan and cut all resources eventually they would have capitulated without invasion and or the use of the bomb. However retrobution for Pearl was still on the mind of the people. These bombs were dropped for one reason only, Mother Russia. A warning and a threat to the rest of the world not to fuck with us. And now we have seen what Idol threats can do, "Provoke", and thus the cold war.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
"You say we are to blame for what has happened and you may very well be right but ok what is the solution."

Struggle.

Struggle is the solution.

What do you do when a beast has you in its jowels? You struggle.

Struggle against the tyranny of government with your full self. Question every action your government makes. Protest against aggregious acts. Condemn war and shame those who support it. Shame those who enable the tyrants.

Struggle. And teach your kids to struggle.

It's the only solution.

Goose Creek SC

Username hidden
(1690 posts)
"Thanks. The first breakdown in society is when you always try to characterize your opponents position in the most radical terms, because dialogue becomes impossible. And worse yet - what often happens is that you end up empowering the most radical voices." ----------------------------------------------------------------- ...and unfortuantely, I end up doing just that. Sometimes we all need to step back and take a breath.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"Then again, were men like LeMay in charge of policy during the 60's, rather than military preparedness, we would likely have had a nuclear exchange." ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I don't think I agree with that. As was the case with Nagasaki and Hiroshima, after the war the General's i.e., Eisenhower, Bradley, Macarthur etc, testified they disagreed with the use of the Atomic Bomb. Military Officers tend to think that the fighting should be left to the field of battle versus a push of the button.

Although Eisenhower and the others felt that Japan would of eventually surrendered without use of the Atomic Bombs, they all acknowledged that the estimates of another 250,000 + American Soldiers being killed in continued warfare was also correct.

From my understanding, Truman made the decision that dropping the bomb on the Military Industrial cities and ports of Hiroshima and Nagasaki would end the war quicker, and save American lives. Afterwards, he had the support of the American public, but prior and afterwards, not the recommendation of his General's.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Left, right ... makes no difference to me. Tyrants, despots, totalitarians ... all. Whether you buddy up to the tyrants on the left or the tyrants on the right of the political spectrum makes no nevermind to me. You're still nothing more than a typical garden variety sycohphant in my book.

And all the sycophant tyrant enablers need to step back and quit being manipulated.

Goose Creek SC

Username hidden
(1690 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Start   81 to 90 of 162   End
TOPIC: Iraq: The Price of Failure