Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Iraq: The Price of Failure
TOPIC: Iraq: The Price of Failure
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Start   101 to 110 of 162   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Well Aus what do you think? Terrorist or freedom fighters?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
"So in e_r and Aus world Timothy McVie and Terry McNichols were "freedom fighters" not terrorists."

I have actually had one person once tell me he lauded McVeigh for his passion and zeal for freedom.

I'd say, to some people out there, yes, those individuals were freedom fighters. To some, they are terrorists.

And to the rest of us, they're just criminals.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
So in e_r and Aus world Timothy McVie and Terry McNichols were "freedom fighters" not terrorists.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"You also use the "Freedom Fighter/Terrorist" comparison, which is disingenuous."

Why? What's the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter? As far as I can tell it just depends on which side is using the rhetoric.

For instance, only 7 nations classify Hezbollah as a terrorist group. But pretty much the whole of the Arab world considers them freedom fighters and heroes. And the rest of the world is apathetic.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
You post the website that shows a picture of Reagan OPENLY meeting with representatives of the people of Afghan. Then you make the leap that they are terrorist.

You also use the "Freedom Fighter/Terrorist" comparison, which is disingenuous.

Since I have an extensive background in this area having worked with Afghans who fought to remove the Soviets, and now many of those same Afghans work with the U.S. to remove the Taliban, who are terrorists, and I do see a BIG difference between Freedom Fighters and Terrorist, enlighten us to why in your world they are the same thing?

Please do not repeat the same old tired “Bin Laden was a U.S. ally and supported by us cliché. That is not true nor has there been any evidence that supports that claim. This claim is made by the Conspiracy Theorist and author’s who make judgmental and biased conjecture, by piecing together information to fit what they would like to believe. All actual investigation done by the U.N, and other countries, and our own nation, have shown that Bin Laden was not part of the Afghan resistance supported by the U.S.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Well it was a fun little diversion from the main topic of this post, but lets stay on point. Why isn't it a big deal if we accept defeat and withdraw from Iraq. I want the Liberal best and worst case senerio. I would like to hear some idea of what we should do if the country collapses and turns into another terrorist training camp. I would like to have a clear picture and see what the Left sees as a "happy ending".

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
It was an illegitimate war declared under false pretenses. Of course it was destined to fail. You can't keep the support of the American people for long by lying to them.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Me? I've said before that I am not cut out to be a soldier. I just believe in them. When they say that they can get it done, I believe them without question. If we lose this war, it's because the politians gave up on the troops. I don't see the dems as a party who has the guts to fight a long war anywhere under any circumstances. They would much rather make meaningless deals with countries like North Korea and claim victory until we get bit in the ass, then they blame the GOP. I have yet to here any democrat aggressively confront any issue concerning the war on terror, except for Lieberman and we all know what they did to him.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
With oak leaf clusters!!!

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I dont know but if he blows on it, it whistles...

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Start   101 to 110 of 162   End
TOPIC: Iraq: The Price of Failure