Iraq: The Price of Failure : Swingers Discussion 72553
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsIraq: The Price of Failure
TOPIC: Iraq: The Price of Failure
Created by: joeodd2
Original Starting post for this thread:
Ok I have listened to the debate for a long time now. And it seems that those who are for withdrawl or "redeployment" believe that it can't possibly get any worst. I have heard arguements from democrats that if we "redeploy" then we could always send the troops back in if the situation does not stablize or gets worst. I honestly have a hard time believing that once the dems " redeploy" that they would have the politcal guts to send those troops back into the "trouble areas". I think once those troops are out they are out for good, and we can forget about NATO or the UN troops going into Iraq once we leave. But honestly for those who believe that Iraq can't get any worse, please tell me why you believe so? And what would your "exit strategy" be?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 162   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Of course you won't need them. You're too much of a sackless poonanny to actually *go* to Iraq and support the cause you so adamantly proclaim to support.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
1969 : Congressional opponents of Nixon Vietnam policy renew opposition

Senator Charles Goodell (a maverick Republican from New York) proposes legislation that would require the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Vietnam by the end of 1970, and bar the use of congressionally appropriated funds after December 1, 1970, for maintaining U.S. military personnel in Vietnam.

The legislation failed to pass, but it was followed by 10 similar proposals over the next three weeks by legislators including Senators Jacob Javits, Frank Church, and Mark Hatfield. Nixon had temporarily silenced his critics earlier in the month by announcing a new troop withdrawal and a reduction in the draft call for the next two months, but many of those who opposed him in Congress felt that Nixon had ignored an opportunity to push for peace in Vietnam when Ho Chi Minh had died on September 1.

Also on this day: Two terrorist attacks occur near Da Nang in which 19 South Vietnamese die. Viet Cong commandos threw a grenade into a meeting place, killing four civilians and one policeman and wounding 26 others. At nearly the same time, a bus struck a mine 95 miles southeast of Da Nang killing 14 civilians.

You are entering the twilite zone!!!!!scarry

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12440 posts)
Give it up 38 They just dont care. Let the next generation worry about it. Why fix it now we wont be alive to worry about it. Just like SSI 4 years ago and the Fillabusters of 2005-2006. Anything to stand in the way of success.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12440 posts)
“I do believe that history shows us Americans will not continue to support an overseas engagement involving the loss of American lives for an unlimited period of time unless they see some success,” he added. “And then, when they run out of patience, they will demand that we get out.”

john mccain

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
"Oh believe me, I know how it's done. I've studied my Che Guevara, Fidel Castro, Mao Zedong, Tzun Tzu, and learned from the examples of the Viet Cong, and more recently the Iraqi insurgents."....oh these are your HEROES

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
What's funny is that after 17 plus years of being out of the service you somehow still think respect is owed based on rank and does not have to be earned. That's what 20 years of brainwashing does to you. You still think you are in uniform and that everyone should respect you just *because* you out rank them.

DebJack, I know they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. But if you want respect in life you're going to have to start behaving in a manner worthy of it. Goose-stepping to the beat of neocon party drums gets no resepct from me. You're just another drone in the echo-chamber hive as far as I'm concerned.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Ha ha ha ha ha!

The conservative base respected by history? Laughable. First of all, you're not conservatives. You're neocons. Secondly, the only ones who respect neocons are *other* neocons.

"I will be remembered as a solid citizen, YOU will be remembered as a cowardly quitter."

So in your mind what makes you a solid citizen is the fact that you were a diggit dog lifer who spent 20 plus years in the army, and that somehow makes you special? I think you're operating under some sort of delusion. You see, those people who "respect" you simply because you did a job for 20 years -- a job where you got paid a decent wage, medical benefits, and a tidy retirement bonus to boot (which is way more than the average citizen gets in life) -- those people who respect you for *that* are guilty of little more than hyperbole.

Those people don't know you like I do. Those people don't have the special insight into your persona that I've had the opportunity to gleen. I imagine if they gathered up all your comments here in this forum and read them aloud as a soliloquy at your funeral that respect you think you somehow command would vanish *poof* into thin air.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Who the fuck is this "WE" you keep referring to, DebJack? You and the voices in your head? Do you actually think *anyone* is on your side? YOU are a YOU, not a WE. WE is plural, YOU are singular. And as far as YOU being respected by history, you won't even be a blip on the historical radar. I'm not sure with the tactics you are guility how you can even stare at your own face in the mirror, let alone believe you command some sort of respect. Please.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
You try your way and I'll go with mine.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
"Once again he displays his total ingorance as to how the citizens could plan to defend against tryannical government."

Oh believe me, I know how it's done. I've studied my Che Guevara, Fidel Castro, Mao Zedong, Tzun Tzu, and learned from the examples of the Viet Cong, and more recently the Iraqi insurgents.

This government can be beaten.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 162   End
TOPIC: Iraq: The Price of Failure