Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Increased Minimum Wage
TOPIC: Increased Minimum Wage
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   41 to 46 of 46 
User Details are only visible to members.
I just want to comment that the business owner, unfortunately, are not being heard because they are too busy running their respective businesses. That leaves only a handful of business organizations fighting for the continuation of the American dream. Truly sad that you have labor unions dictating the environment under which a business should operate; and, their attempt is to increase minimum wage and unionize 100% of the labor force - especially in the private arena; they already have the government. The union forces have a standard of compensation to their members based on the minimum wage levels - this is how they get their members wages up. Do you really think they care about the minimum wage of non-union workers? Yet, they fight vigorously to increase the levels. Don't believe me?...Ask a union official.

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
LOL I know what you mean...I am a small business owner and none of my employees earn less than $10.00 an hour.Raising the min. wage this time around hurt people, not the business owners but the working folks.The higher the wage the fewer employees you can hire it is basic math.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Pussy I dont know them personally. My step daughter works at pizza hut...But waitresses dont get even min. wage, $3.15 but with her tips she averages $12.65 and hour no I dont know anyone who makes Min. wage. And stop the phony bolony BS, you could care less about the waitress at your favorate restraunt, as long as your beer is cold and your meal is hot the gratuity is 15% of your meal.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Opposing views? You better believe it! For some ridiculous reason, we have the federal and state governments (particularly in California) who treats the small business community like "mini-mega" corporations. The sad truth is that the small business owners pay 46% more in having employees than the large corporations. This is attributable to the relationships that owners and employees have. Moreover, there's a thing called: workers' compensation insurance that is mandated by the (all) states, which is assessed based on the gross earnings of the employees. Unless you're an individual the is wholly responsible for signing the front of the checks, you wouldn't understand the run-away government mandates imposed on the small business owners and the cost associated with it. Unfortunately, the legislators play the "I feel sorry" for the low-income families; when in fact, the low wages are paid to high school students. For those of you who think otherwise, the medium wages of heads of families are well above the minimum wage - each state is different. In California it is above $10.00/ in San Francisco it is above $12.00.

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
Worthless legislation. It effected big business as well GM Chrysler, and ford announced layoffs right after it passed in anticipation of union meetings to raise expectations of unions and their advancement of pay and benifits.Small business was only the tip of the iceburg. After this passed consumer confidence started to dwindle and interest rates started to climb. Who benifited from this legislation? As I said I know no one who makes minimum wage no one...

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Well the first new increase goes into play on tuesday raising the federal minimum wage from 5.15 to 5.85. Minimum wage workers will get an additional 70-cent boost each summer for the next two years, ending in 2009 at $7.25 an hour. That comes to just above $15,000 yearly before taxes for a 52-week work year.

my thoughts are that this is a good thing athough it probably won't have much effect for the employee or employer despite the complaints from small business owners. opposing views?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   41 to 46 of 46 
TOPIC: Increased Minimum Wage