In the tank ABC changes Mrs Comments : Swingers Discussion 2177241051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsIn the tank ABC changes Mrs Comments
TOPIC: In the tank ABC changes Mrs Comments
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Start   51 to 60 of 127   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Vac, Did you see the Packers lose against the Seahawks? Know how many millions were paid on this game? Obama mentioned how bad the refs were..... That ref/NFL contract got signed right away!

No matter what either B. or M. Obama says or does, you are against it. We get it. You're gonna be bald or gray before this term is over if you don't pace your belly-aching every day.

Phoenix AZ
Username hidden
(2096 posts)
Outdoors stop being stupid. Missing a call in a football game does not effect millions of peoples lives. When you give false information as a public figure you need to be correct or stand the fuck up and say I don't know so I would rather not answer the question. Come back when you grow up.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
So, if Mrs Obama had been talking about a football game and mentioned a "holding" call, when it was really an "illegal use of hands" call, would people be going crazy over the dishonesty?

If this or any other snippet is part of the footage not used in the final edit, is that really any indication of a conspiracy?

Is anyone poring over police reports in which semi-automatic weapons have been called automatic weapons, and agitating that justice be done?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
You kinda see what I am saying. If you are going to talk on TV about thisvthen you need to know what you are talking about instead of talking out of your ass. Putting out false info like this is BS and I hope it backfires on them.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
I'll probably regret this...

Outdoors does raise a valid point for those who are unfamiliar with the difference between fully automatic and semi automatic action for a firearm.

I agree that many times semi automatic is simply referred to as "auto" or "automatic" in discussing a firearm. When talking with my friends we may refer to certain guns we have as “auto” but we know that the gun discussed is a semi-auto.

Example of a hypothetical conversation between a hunting buddy and I:

“I’m taking my Browning auto on our pheasant hunt, which gun will you be taking?.”

I know he means his Browning semi-auto shotgun because I know the guns he owns. I knew what he meant. If he were talking to someone unfamiliar with guns, he should have said “semi auto” to be clear.

However, the term “automatic weapons” in the context of a public statement or discussion concerning a shooting implies a fully automatic weapon. Especially true when the speaker is well known, and especially true in the heated current debate regarding firearms.

An example of a hypothetical conversation with my same hunting buddy referred to above:

“Someone was shooting in my neighborhood last night. I heard automatic fire for about 5 minutes.”

I know that when he says “automatic fire” regarding a situation where I was not present, that he means “fully automatic fire”. The reason I know that is because we both know it is virtually impossible to distinguish between the sound of a semi-automatic weapon and and any other repeating firearm. However, there is usually no mistaking fully automatic fire for firing a gun that requires the trigger to be squeezed once each time a round is fired. The exceptions may include some expert shooters and multiple firearms going off at the same time.

Similarly, if a press statement by a public official were to go something like this: “Officers responded to a shots fired call at this address. The responding officers were met with automatic fire by a lone suspect.” I believe most people would interpret that to mean fully automatic. I certainly would.

If the statement was “Officers responded to a shots fired call at this address. The responding officers were met with gun fire by a lone suspect.” We would not know if it was a fully automatic, repeating firearm or a single shot firearm.

Yeah, like someone unfamiliar with football terms trying to talk about a football game. Football fans would recognize that the unfamiliar person talking football has their head up their proverbial ass.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Yea Per. it is kinda hard to hold back sometimes. Outdoor try BATF then. It's not the NRA that defined weapon types it's the BATF.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Va

Congratulations on holding your tongue for as long as you did. I can see you've finally had it with the idiots.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16720 posts)
OK, to summarize: If you leave off the prefix "fully", that's OK because the NRA or some other loonytunes said so. If you leave off the prefix "semi", you are either stupid or a liar. If you even ask why one is OK and the other is not, you are a "moron".

And ATF is American Terms of Football ?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Lol go to the ATF website maybe you will understand then. Moron

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Glock 18 automatic version of Glock 17 fires approx 20 rounds in 1.5 seconds. So your point is what?

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Start   51 to 60 of 127   End
TOPIC: In the tank ABC changes Mrs Comments