Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Imagine if the South had seceded and the Blue States were free of Grey-Red Conservatism
TOPIC: Imagine if the South had seceded and the Blue States were free of Grey-Red Conservatism
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   31 to 40 of 64   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I thought it was mandatory to be a hypocrite if you go in to politics. You mean it isn't?????

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Do you ever grow tired of spewing the same shit? I gave you an answer, when the democratic party apologizes for keeping up slavery and promoting the KKK and segregation I will accept his. Oh and Melhman doesn't speak for me. I hate slavery, I despise those who propagate it for self rightiousness, I dislike you because you use slavery as a tool to demean people and demonize them in a crass and ignorant way. I don't care about some one who was a slave, personally I would have died first, second I would never use the issue of slavery as an excuse for the deaths of over 1/2 million American citizens. I hate this list of hypocrites..... G. Washington Thomas Jefferson A. Lincoln John Adams Jefferson Davis Sherman Lee Grant Harry S Truman President Johnson I President Johnson II Richard Nixon John F Kennedy And the list goes on of hypocrites that say one thing and does another.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Sapp, Maybe we know the truth and deny the propaganda. Honestly have you ever given that notion a serious thought? Maybe, just maybe that since it is a part of OUR history in this area that we may be more inclined to know more of the truth than someone who has never walked our battlefields, read the journals of our families or have newspaper clippings saved and stored that were given to southern museums. There are two sides to every story. The side you site is that of Northern propaganda so they look as to have clean hands in the War of Northern Agression. Yet you just won't listen to the other side. I guess that you would dismiss the thought that there were free blacks fighting for the Confederacy also.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
If you believe the words of 500 liberal writers, teachers and politicians it wouldn't matter if Lincoln himself rose from the grave to tell the Civil War was about Tariffs and States Rights instead of Slavery you wouldn't believe him. So what's the point? What about Liberal Scholars who claim Christ was a fraud not the Son of God? Do you also believe them? Or the Scholars who believe the Bible was created to end the Dark Ages?

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Lucky: You put words in my mouth, creating a straw horse and then you attack that straw horse with all the vehemence of a lynching.

Lucky: "According to Sappy if you live in the south or attend a slave state school you are sympothetic to the southern cause of slavery, and is ready to point his crooked finger at a southerner, but wait couple is a yankee who agrees that the civil war was pure economics and had very little to do with morality."

My sister lives in Athens, Georgia. My nephew and niece were born and raised in Georgia, and one lives outside of Atlanta. I do not generalize. I can also read statistics related to the Democratic primary and I see many white people voting for Obama, which I doubt they would be doing if they were still supporters of slavery and segregation and bans against interracial marriage.

But I also know why GW Bush spoke at the racist Bob Jones University in the midst of his campaign for the Republican nomination against McCain in 2000. I also know that Ken Mehlman, head of the GOP, apologized in 2005 for the GOP's Southern Strategy of using code and tactics to appeal to anti-black racial prejudice.

I also see a USA split between Red and Blue States that mirrors, in the east, the split between North and South.

I also know that many white people in the South vote for Democrats and many white people in the North vote for the GOP and 15-20% of blacks are voting for Clinton over Obama.

With all the attacks and stupidity I've faced down here, my language does get heated at times, and I see resistance to the facts and established history about the Civil War in the SE mostly coming from people in the South or educated in the South or in ex-slave states.

Frankly, I'm utterly flabbergasted by what I've been reading in these posts, and I just thought there was no misunderstanding about the causes of the Civil War, and it surprises the hell out of me to see people arguing for a theory of the Civil War that has been dismissed by reputable historians.

It is also a fact that white men are voting in higher percentages for Obama over Clinton in Blue states than in Red States, and exit polls reveal that more white men in Red States than in Blue states are saying that race is a factor in their vote.

I would love to see more people from the South argue for a reading of antebellum Civil War history that is not sadly mistaken and contraverted by Jefferson Davis' own words who called slavery the issue of "transcendent magnitude" in an 1861 speech.

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
You are harsh in your judgement of Sapp I beliieve.

Who is repremanding here?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
JNM sez: It's not my job to reprimand someone in here for things said or not said.

but before that he writes this:

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Lincoln was an asshole!!!!! "I will say, then, that I am not now, nor never have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social or political equality of the white and black races. I am not now, nor never have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor of intermarriage with white people; and I will say, in addition to this, that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which, I believe, will forever forbid the two races living together in terms of social and political equality. Inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together, there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white man"

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Jim, You know me better than that.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Jim yes they do. Great food. But as with The Civil War WWII is also over. It is in the past let it stay there.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   31 to 40 of 64   End
TOPIC: Imagine if the South had seceded and the Blue States were free of Grey-Red Conservatism