Imagine if the South had seceded and the Blue States were free of Grey-Red Conservatism : Swingers Discussion 977951021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsImagine if the South had seceded and the Blue States were free of Grey-Red Conservatism
TOPIC: Imagine if the South had seceded and the Blue States were free of Grey-Red Conservatism
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   21 to 30 of 64   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Bravo!!!!!Auther Auther!!!!!!

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Well you all were busy today!

I've been a student of History for all of about 38 years now, and I am more impressed by the variety of conclusions and opinions I have witnessed and been subjected to over all that time. I've come from a young age when you were told this is the way it was and why, to being exposed by higher education and self investigation to the myth of peaceful progress with regards to U.S. History.

I've even had a PHD'd college history professor insist that WWII began in 1938. (not with the invasion of Poland in Sept. of 1939)

Sadly (because I seek out the noble and honorable in mankind) I have yet to be aware of one conflict in man's history that wasn't about either wealth or power. Now that is not to say that the nations of history that stood up to defend others in many cases were not noble in their purpose. I claim that the antagonists of history are the root cause of all evil.

Am I cynical to believe that all politicians window dress their causes to hide a greater purpose? Probably, but you see my people have an ancient history with regard to behaving this way. We spent centuries subjugating peoples all over the world to Catholicism at the tip of a sword.

At the heart of the issue during the CW was always the sovereignty of the Federal government over the individual States. The movers and shakers of Industry were pulling the strings. Do any of you honestly think that Carnegie or any of the other industrial bosses of the time were going to pass up an opportunity to gain the land, railroad rights, and natural resources for nothing to them ? (by shedding the blood of the average working man)

Some of you may not be aware that most captain's of industry at that time would not be told "NO" and would let nothing stand in their way of achieving something if they desired it.

Politicians have to "sell" the war! So causes are found.

Grantham NH
Username hidden
(1470 posts)
How about all black schools? several of those who discriminate against Hispanic, American Indians and whites.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
That is the dark side of liberalism they dont want you to know about...

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
No he should have waited until the democratic party gave theirs. For their continuation of slavery and the beginnings of segregation and the KKK in the south. And for the murder and raping of African american men and women for over a century on this continent.

The GOP freed the slaves from the evil hypocrite Democrats.

I answered your question...Whats wrong Sappy didnt like it? Tough shit!!!!!

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Thank You.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Sweetbutt:

Bob Jones University had a policy banning interracial dating when George W. Bush spoke there in 2000, and that policy goes back to 1927 (the ban arose because the founder of the university considered interracial dating to be a violation of God's word). (Remember Virginia and14 others states did not end bans on interracial dating until forced to do so in 1967 by a Supreme Court decision.

In a Supreme Court decision, voted 8-1, the Court decided that BJU was a racist institution and thus not capable of gaining a tax-exemption as an educational institution. Ronald Reagan made efforts to have this Supreme Court decision overturned.

From Time Magazine:

"Then there was Reagan's attempt, once he reached the White House in 1981, to reverse a long-standing policy of denying tax-exempt status to private schools that practice racial discrimination and grant an exemption to Bob Jones University. Lott's conservative critics, quite rightly, made a big fuss about his filing of a brief arguing that BJU should get the exemption despite its racist ban on interracial dating. But true to their pattern of white-washing Reagan's record on race, not one of Lott's conservative critics said a mumblin' word about the Gipper's deep personal involvement. They don't care to recall that when Lott suggested that Reagan's regime take BJU's side in a lawsuit against the Internal Revenue Service, Reagan responded, "We ought to do it." Two years later the U.S. Supreme Court in a resounding 8-to-1 decision ruled that Reagan was dead wrong and reinstated the IRS's power to deny BJU's exemption."

BJU did end its ban on interracial dating in 2000 after the controversy provoked after Bush's speech there during the South Carolina primary.

Bush's choice to speak there was judged by William Kristol, a Conservative editor fo the Weekly Standard, to be a choice that set "civil rights back by 60 years."

Feel welcome to google "Racism and Bob Jones University" and you can learn for yourself about its history of institutionalized racism.

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
Why is Bob Jones University racist?

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Dont worry Couple you just ignorant southerner But I am a Bigot because according to him I went to Mizzou!!!!And my opinion was polluted by a school in a former slave state...LOL

Sappho is a jerk bottom line and with everyone and I mean everyone except JNM disagreeing with him I suspect he will eventually just go away like others have done here in the past.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
No he should have waited until the democratic party gave theirs. For their continuation of slavery and the beginnings of segregation and the KKK in the south. And for the murder and raping of African american men and women for over a century on this continent.

The GOP freed the slaves from the evil hypocrite Democrats.

I answered your question...Whats wrong Sappy didnt like it? Tough shit!!!!!

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   21 to 30 of 64   End
TOPIC: Imagine if the South had seceded and the Blue States were free of Grey-Red Conservatism