If Romney Wins By Bill Mahr : Swingers Discussion 210804101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsIf Romney Wins By Bill Mahr
TOPIC: If Romney Wins By Bill Mahr
Created by: LQQKNFORU
Original Starting post for this thread:
Bill Mahr warned that "if Mitt Romeny wins the White House, "he’ll bring to Washington the whole anti-intellectual, anti-science freak show." "America, before you get in bed with Mitt Romney, remember, he may seem like a nice fella, from what we know about his core beliefs (nothing), his tax plan (nothing), his faith (off-limits), and his donors (anonymous), but a compulsive liar whose whole life is secret can get you a lot worse disease than ‘Romnesia’. Now, when I talk about getting into bed with Mitt Romney, obviously I don’t mean that literally. Please, Mitt Romney doesn’t even know what a blowjob is! He thinks it’s something the Pep Boys do to clean out your carburetor. No, what I’m trying to do is make an analogy to that old public service announcement about how when you go to bed with one person, you’re not just sleeping with them, you’re…. Well, it’s like that with Mitt. When you elect Mitt, you’re not just electing him, you’re electing every right-wing nut he’s pandered to in the last ten years."

GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 20   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Let me add a small George Carlin comedy routine line, slightly edited to support Mahr's commentary. "Think of how stupid half of those who vote for the Republican Party are, and then you realized the other half is more stupid. Or really evil."

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7036 posts)
Mahr's humorous, incisive commentary about Willard Mitt Romney shows that any true American patriot knows that the Republic-con Party has completely corrupted the integrity of politics and religion in the leader of democracy among the nations of this cosmos.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(7036 posts)
I wasn't responding to you, I was responding to Fun...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
"That is not classic Keynesian economics. During the bad times, you increase government spending to replace aggregate demand.

During good times, the tax revenue will help you pay off the debt you incurred during the bad times. "

Isn't that what I pretty much said? Though I did leave out the taxes because if you ONLY use deficit spending when in recession, well the taxes revert every time to former levels (if taxes is the vehicle you use).....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
I'm sorry, I just could not resist...

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
where is west vaginia?

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
"It's quite another to juice the economy on a regular basis and build up unsustainable debt."

That is not classic Keynesian economics. During the bad times, you increase government spending to replace aggregate demand.

During good times, the tax revenue will help you pay off the debt you incurred during the bad times.

That's the way it was played up until the 1980's, when Reagan told everyone they could have their cake and eat it, too.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Fun/ghost:

You both are right that like red bull, you shouldn't live off of one jolt after another... It is bad for you in the long run.

What was needed while we were on the juice was repairing the block artery. That artery isn't people being unwilling to work, it was employers devaluing the work that workers do, while valuing themselves too greatly. (aka: ego at the top of businesses)

Look a monopolies like the car industries, banks and MIC. (MIC = military industrial complexes like GE)

These companies make ungodly amounts of money, many times they are given blank checks and their equipment that they produce doesn't work. When you cancel the program because if cost overruns, they cry to the public about you wasting money and leaving the country defenseless.

Then these same companies cry poverty when you change the tax laws so that they actually have to pay taxes. (look to the big on, GE... No taxes paid)

Let's move down the chain to something that more directly affects you and I. The banks.

These banks may or may not have been forced by law to give out bad loans. However what these banks chose to do instead of fight the business killing laws by every means to include post YOUTUBE ads was to profit from said bad loans and lie to good honest borrowers who could have paid their loans if said loan was honest.

Let's move further down the chain.

The auto industry. Their so massive and so few companies that if any one dies, the economy of multiple states become affected in a negative way. No business should be allowed to be so important that they can not fail without such massive cascading effects. That is why we have monapoly laws, so that their importance isn't so large.

Once more, moving down the chain to factories.

Business men own factories... They may own multiople factories across a nation. They think themselves as providers, but their not providing when the employees aren't able to buy things, save money for their retirements and educate their children.

Just because 8usd an hour is good pay in west vaginia (1980s) doesn't mean that it provided a good standard in a more expensive place such as PA (1980s).

If the workers aren't paid a wage which allows them to pay taxes, buy a home and set roots, save for their childrens education, and provide for their own older years when they can not work. Then the job never provided enough to begin with.

The popular statement by conservatives is to get a different job... This is an ignorant statement stated by an ignorant and likely uneducated person or a person playing the masses against themselves.

Reality is that the masses aren't able to get a better job due to their education level and responsibilities to family. When you work 50 hours a week, you can not attend class. Miss 3 days and you fail class, don't show for work when called in on a unscedualed point in time... And your boss invents reasons to terminate.

Our society doesn't value the little guy, so the little guy becomes mush... The little guys are the ones who hold all societies up. If you value yourself over the people holding you and your treasure up, the little guy will at some point throw their hands up and say fuck it you carry your own weight free loader.

That is when the society is ripe for revolution. History doesn't vote well for such things to be peaceful, most militaries are built from the little guys and have family who are the little guys... So they will not pick up a weapon and shoot the ones supporting the fat freeloader placing more work on the little guy for less pay.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
"There are limits to Keynesian economics, and deficit spending becomes counterproductive if pursued as a full-time strategy or to an extreme. It's one thing to jumpstart a recessed economy with government spending when private aggregate demand has dropped off the charts. It's quite another to juice the economy on a regular basis and build up unsustainable debt. "

Perfectly stated. Yes, it cuts BOTH ways and that was exactly my point. But now that we have about run out of juice do we abandon the system and hope austerity works this time or smack the hands of those filching from the cookie jar one more time and this time put an effective lock on the fucking thing?

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
"I've taken to answering the question: Are you Dem or Rep" with "I'm a Keynesian." It' is the ONLY economic model proven to work over and over again, compared to the Chicago School (Uncle Milty) and 'trickle down' which has been proven an abject failure more than once."

There are limits to Keynesian economics, and deficit spending becomes counterproductive if pursued as a full-time strategy or to an extreme. It's one thing to jumpstart a recessed economy with government spending when private aggregate demand has dropped off the charts. It's quite another to juice the economy on a regular basis and build up unsustainable debt.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 20   End
TOPIC: If Romney Wins By Bill Mahr