If Hillary wins : Swingers Discussion 77461
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsIf Hillary wins
TOPIC: If Hillary wins
Created by: e_and_r
Original Starting post for this thread:
Many of you have harangued and besmirched Bill Clinton and blamed his administration for so many things I have lost count. I sincerely believe Hillary is going to be the next president. So I'd like to hear your predictions ... what if Hillary wins and you all have another 4 to 8 years to deal with the Clintons?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 763   End
User Details are only visible to members.
*bump*

St George UT
Username hidden
(2113 posts)
Jack, if you took offense, that was not my intent. Sorry.

My point is that under extreme circumstances, people would step up that might not otherwise.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
tbrmskss, unorganized groups in Iraq are using more than guns to attack our military. Actually, guns are the least of our military'ss worries. It is the roadside bombs and missle attacks that are a bigger danger. With that in mind, I fail to see how a group of guys with guns would stop the US government from taking their homes.

Indianapolis IN
Username hidden
(251 posts)
Certainly, and that is some of my point. If we were occupied, you would not only use your expertise, but teach others to do what you know.

They are specific skills, but nothing the average person could not learn given the proper instruction, time, and motivation.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Unorganized groups have a common theme and a common enemy - they don't need to be structured. Your Tim McViegh's will cause some destruction but the infrastructure of a country will not be affected by it.

The Iraqi insurgents - similar to the French Resistance in WWII - has the wherewithal to continually cause havoc with American forces.

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
Uru-

I disagree with your contention that unorganized people with small arms can not do much against an army.

Unorganized groups of Iraqi's with small arms have kept 200,000+ total troops bogged down for the better part of 4 years now.

Sure they have some RPG's and some other explosives, but Tim McVeigh was able to put together a pretty powerful bomb in this country. Where there is a will there is a way.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
All I said is the amendment makes no sense in this day and age. Some people like guns. They like to collect them, hunt with them, stare at them in a display case, whatever. Displite what the NRA says, their members having guns will do nothing to prevent the US government from bulldozing them if it ever came to that. Of course, if they had a nuclear weapon silo'd in your front yard, that might do something.

Given how hard it is to revise a constitutional amendment or add a new one, it is easier just to let the gun obsessed have their guns. I have no problem with folks collecting guns or hunting. My problem is with all the criminals getting guns, mostly on the black market.

Indianapolis IN
Username hidden
(251 posts)
Like I say, always keep unregistered weapons and ammo, you never know what these liberal NeoCommies will try next!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
I actually welcome the Supreme Court taking a look at this case. This amendment has been fought over for so long, it will be nice to get some clarity.

I personally do not fear armed citizens, nor do I think all weapons should be banned.

And there has never been a national proposal to ban firearms, nor is there likely to ever be.

I do think that all rights have limits. Your freedom of speech has limits, the "yelling fire in a crowded theater." The right to vote, the right to peaceably assemble, and just about every other right has some restriction. So should the right to own firearms.

Now what is the limit? I don't know. That is for society as a whole to decide.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Thank you.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 763   End
TOPIC: If Hillary wins