Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics I changed my mind
TOPIC: I changed my mind
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 31   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Officer - soldiers i order you to treat all other soldiers with respect and honor as if they were your brother or sister putting aside all personal beliefs as to race, creed, sexual orientation, etc.

Soldier - I don't agree with that order i am not following it..

That is not the kind of miliatary i want

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
u are right i am not and never have been in the military but i can surely state that you don't want your troops making their own determinations of what a lawful order is...

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Deb wrote I venture that they are in the minority, but I don't know the numbers. Decades ago the results might have been deadly, but most of today's soldiers are familiar with the existence of gays due to publicity, and can deal with the situation. --------------------- I will disagree, while I haven't done a military wide poll, I do know quite a few members of the US armed forces and most are against Gays in the Military and most do look at Gays in a derogatory mannar and refer to them as such. If I am wrong about this, which I don't believe I am, then it's due to the "Publicity" you talked about. By this I mean for the last few decades the Liberals have been force feeding us Gays are Normal BS on TV, in the Movies, in Magazines, etc... If you were born in the 80 or later, you can't get away from Gays on TV as a normal thing. Hell, we have Gays doing make overs on straights, and it's forced feed to us as normal.

I hope you see where I'm going with this.

Yankton SD
Username hidden
(168 posts)
and i love the argument that the other troops wouldnt trust the gays. what the hell, they are supposed to follow order aren't they?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
of course i can't tell you whether he spent any time in a foxhole but he certainly has a distinguished career going from being drafted as a private up through the ranks so to speak. I am sure he has a "feel" (pun intended) for how the everyday troops would respond to this..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
JMN wrote

"The CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll, conducted December 5-7, found that 91 percent of people aged 18-29 were supportive of allowing gays to serve openly, as were 85 percent of all women, and 73 percent of all men. These numbers represent a significant increase in Americans' support for gay and lesbian servicemembers in recent years."

These are the numbers folks. Ignorant people who refer to gays as queers and faggots are out of touch. If one of your children were to come home and announce that they were gay, would you change your tune, or disown them. It happens every day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1) As Deb said

2) Why don't they ask members of the Military, not the ones that would never join. I was in the Military, and I don't know of one single person that would want a openly gay person fighting next to them or going through all the intense trainning with them. Nope, you have to have complete trust in your buddies and brothers in arms and way to many would have trouble with that. Some would be ok with it, I'm sure, but the majority would have a problem with it.

3) Most in the Military do refer to Gays in a derogatory manner using such words as Faggot and Bone Smugglers or other such terms. So your saying that people that use those terms are out of touch is a bunch of BS.

Yankton SD
Username hidden
(168 posts)
Hi guys, one day it may not matter if gays are openly serving but it aint this day!!! If you want to test for yourself the kind of reaction and welcome you will get as being openly gay in the military then try this. Go to Daytona in the middle of bike week wearing sandels, shorts, pink button down shirt with a pin that says "Harleys Suck". While you're there you cold pass out some pamplets telling everyone to repent for being closeminded. OH! you could wear a turban just to top it off.

Brunswick GA
Username hidden
(638 posts)
I don't rail against anyone sir, I simply state the facts. The facts are that the military culture views Homosexuals as effeminate. While the average service man or woman believes people should be able to fuck who ever they please, that opinion changes drastically when it comes to war. Can you imagine the tension and the distraction if you had openly gay soldiers serving in a combat unit? The fights, the threats, perhaps even the murders. I can just imagine seeing an openly gay soldier on court tv because he tossed a grenade into his platoons barracks. I just don't believe that you can force this kind of radical culture shock upon our military and just expect things to go smoothly. It will take years to adjust the culture of the military to accept openly gay men and women. It may be easier with the women, but with the men it may be next to impossible. And do even think that just because soldiers are given orders to accept someones sexuality that they will do so. It would seem that you have a lot of ignorance regarding the thinking within the military culture JNM, I can admit my ignorance to certain matters, hell if not most matters, but you always seem to be an "expert" when it comes to every discussion. You sir "amaze" me.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Well speaking as someone who has been thru two different branches of basic training......I don't think it's a good idea. My god the Drill Instructors and Drill Sargents would be getting suspended left and right if they knew that there was an openly gay man or woman within their platoons. Simply put it would inject the type of PC into the military that would send it in to chaos. Even if it's temporary chaos we can not afford to experiment with the social structure of the military right now. I am just waiting for someone to compare the induction of blacks into the military to gays......I am so sick of that comparison as are most in the Black community. I'm sure sometime next year Hollywood will come up with a military version of "Brokeback Mountain", maybe they will call it "The Bugle Boy". I can't see openly gay or flaming homosexuals making it in basic training, not to mention the regular military. I would love to hear from people with military experience.....who loves their country (this does not include you E R).

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
btw, that last post was in no way an approval of his statement...

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 31   End
TOPIC: I changed my mind