Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Hurricane Sandy's Effects on The Election
TOPIC: Hurricane Sandy's Effects on The Election
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   71 to 80 of 97   End
User Details are only visible to members.
OK, so you have comprehension problems. Please, allow me to help:

"As a company with the highest consumer ratings in my field and all the certifications (local, state, EPA, etc) fully licensed and insured with highly experienced and efficient crews I save people money and heartache from hiring 'carpetbagger' crews without proper insurance or certifications from every other state that descend on any region beset by devastation and in need of anyone at all to help."

So, for the slow to comprehend: My business is helping with this kind of thing and I'm always there for my clients 24/7.

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
So you arent helping your nieghbors in need...I thought so. Thanks for clearing that up.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
"A constuction company of your caliper would be an asset to your fellow New Yorkers."

Yes, it always is. As a company with the highest consumer ratings in my field and all the certifications (local, state, EPA, etc) fully licensed and insured with highly experienced and efficient crews I save people money and heartache from hiring 'carpetbagger' crews without proper insurance or certifications from every other state that descend on any region beset by devastation and in need of anyone at all to help.

Care to go on?

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
"I would hope that your company would pitch in to the storm effort?"

I'm curious as to why you think I'm not?

Oh, and I hate to disabuse your opinion of me but I'm actually making a lot of money right now servicing some very high-end clients. I know it sounds like I am a greedy conservative republican doing that, you know being lazy and not paying my taxes and all, but my crew is worth much more than clearing debris and hauling sewage. I'll be in the best of neighborhoods doing high quality work for top dollar.

What was it you did again?

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
I would hope that your company would pitch in to the storm effort? Why are you not helping with this disaster? Surely a fine company such as yours would have the resources to contribute to the cause. A constuction company of your caliper would be an asset to your fellow New Yorkers.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
The differences to me are what they always are. Leadership.

When the President himself says "I don't want excuses, I want you to FIND WAYS TO MAKE IT WORK" it gives an incredible amount of 'cover' from above and frees people to do what they need to do at THAT minute without worry for their ass in addition to the task at hand.

When the President said this after the storm Mrs. Muir and my daughter both looked at me and said "That sounds like you". My crews KNOW that they are free to make decisions they need to in a high stress situation and that I will always back them up if they followed their training and made educated moves.

This country more than many follow closely the signals of it's leaders. Even Chris Christy believes that now. As much as I dislike that guy's politics, the notes he struck in his post storm press conferences and interviews are pitch-perfect and engenders more respect for him from me than anything he has done in his entire career to date.

If the power can be brought back on in time to vote, I think this tragedy will help Obama, not Romney....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
"... help keep the peace..." This is pretty broad. If standing at your post, you observe some peace-breakage about to happen, you might actually intervene. Early intervention is usually better.

Helping push an immobile vehicle out of the way of others who want to proceed, for example.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Well, one of the orders I saw Obama make on TV yesterday was that all FEMA workers were to cut through bureaucratic red tape. At least that was a lesson learned from Katrina.

As for the military, I was highly impressed with a detachment of Nat'l Guardsmen. They were under orders to do nothing more than help keep the peace, but they bent those rules as flexibly as possible and helped do things wherever they could. The balance they struck between following orders strictly, and exercising initiative and common-sense flexibility, was pretty impressive.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Fun:

"They were more concerned with following orders from above than actually helping. "

That is what happens when people demand total accountability.

It is why the military issues blanket punishments such as General order 1A. It is why all government officials, military or civilian can not engage in prostitution anywhere. (accountability of image.) and going to the bars endangers promotion opportunities and retention of your job as it reduces the image of the agency.

You wanted the government worker afraid... now you bitch?

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7775 posts)
The contrasts between a functional Government and agencies, vs a dysfunctional (GWB) one are startling.

It's like comparing a civilized country to a 3rd world country. Very much like that.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   71 to 80 of 97   End
TOPIC: Hurricane Sandy's Effects on The Election