Hurricane Sandy's Effects on The Election : Swingers Discussion 210819
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsHurricane Sandy's Effects on The Election
TOPIC: Hurricane Sandy's Effects on The Election
Created by: TheGhost_and_MrsMuir
Original Starting post for this thread:
With many utility companies predicting power outages for 50% of customers and some could be without for more than a week, will Sandy affect the election? What will happen if there is widespread outages? Which candidate do you think it will harm? Which will benefit? Basic logic to me says that the older population will be more likely to stay home....
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 97   End
User Details are only visible to members.
My "little" comment re all the back and forth. Now that the election is over, we have to as Americans respect the decision and forget all the nonsense and let's work together to get things done. There is so much to be done, especially with the recent storm and other outstanding issues. Forget red and blue, let's just be AMERICANS and make it as good as we can....I am just saying!

Vero Beach FL

Username hidden
(2209 posts)
fj,

I see now he is imagining you in a cheerleaders outfit. Careful, he'll want to "ass rape" you next.

Peoria AZ

Username hidden
(2322 posts)
No one ever said anything about anyone's choice. I will argue you your weak ass positions fj, but you can vote for any asshole you choose and I will ALWAYS defend that right. I may lament the fact that you are an uneducated reactionary voting for reasons that have little to do with actual facts on the ground but your choice is yours. Have at it.

Good try at one more straw man argument though.

Oh, BTW. You look really creepy in a cheerleader outfit.... why is it the righties need to cheerlead each other so damn much? You sound like you are desperately trying to convince yourselves...

East Fishkill NY

Username hidden
(2788 posts)
Gina very diplomatic, good post.

I usually just tell them to "Fuck Off!" But then I have gotten to Cranky to put up with other people's shit. It is your vote, as well as it is theirs, and mine. If people do not like my choice they can go to hell.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
" He scared me in 2008; he pretty much terrifies me in 2012."

Scares you of what? Terrifies you of what?

Your arguments are spurious and hollow. No substance and all vitriol. They exactly mimic the Faux News talking points, why wouldn't I point that out?

When you want to trot out those facts and citations we can have a debate, until then I will continue to point out your lack of substance and rhetorical mimicry.

Welcome to the thunderdome....

East Fishkill NY

Username hidden
(2788 posts)
Gina the Rethuglican.

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10427 posts)
"... I want a country with a strong military, and a commander in chief who puts it as a top priority."

For future sustainability the world needs leaders who put diplomacy above "might makes right" brute strength rule. That's basically what bullies are good for.

How do you pay for overwhelming military strength all over the globe? Well, you don't -- you go bankrupt sooner than later.

You also bankrupt your nation's good will around the world. One bad war, in which most casualties are innocents, will compromise many, many good investments.

Flat Rock NC

Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"Do you have facts to back up this statement or just Fox talking points? "

Stereotype much? I never watch Fox. I am for gay rights. I also believe in stem cell research, among other "liberal" points of view. I am a Republican. I voted for Romney last Friday. In other words, there is more depth to me than a strict by-the-party platform, although after researching my candidates, locally, I ended up voting for all Republicans. Make of that what you will, I don't care.

Almost all of what is written in the political posts is spun opinion. That's why we will never convince each other of anything other than our own points of view. I still maintain your right to post what you want. But I choose to do so without sounding like a 12 year old whiny boy. Or a Right Wing, yes, I said it, Bible thumper who does not know why he votes Conservative, only because someone pulled out a bible verse and made a religious doctrine out of it, the way people pull out one statement and make a political commentary out of it.

Most are not "right" or "wrong." They just "are." It's why we have so much dissention. It's why we have so many denominations.

Has Obama done some good things? Sure. But overall, he is not the man I want to be president for four more years. He scared me in 2008; he pretty much terrifies me in 2012. I rarely post my politics. I know I'm not going to convince anyone opposing me to change his mind. That's okay. Vote.

I am for a strong mighty military. There will always be wars. There will never be a lasting peace in the world. There are too many differences, too many disputes over land and resources, beliefs and dogma, fanaticism and freaks. So, I want a country with a strong military, and a commander in chief who puts it as a top priority. I am for using our own natural resources, including drilling for oil. I am for big business, capitalism and competition. The rich started somewhere, usually failed a few times before climbing to success. They should not have to pay for those who CAN work (I am not talking about elderly, disabled, disadvantaged, etc., I'm talking about capable people who can, but won't, find jobs, if there are jobs available to be had) but who expect a handout. I think that compassion and charity are good values, but they are not such to be enforced by a government policy. Neither is abortion. Surprised? In 1960, when I was born, abortion was illegal. If it had been legal, it is now known that I probably would not be here. Am I going to protest and picket and run down abortionists and those who seek them? no. Personally, I could not have an abortion, under any circumstance, I just couldn't do it. BUT, I don't think it should be such a political agenda and carry so much weight in choosing a president. So, although I am a Republican, the above would not be fodder to label me a conservative. I am not one. There are many types of Republicans. Stop the stereotyping. I am much more layered and have much more depth. For now, I'll let it be. You all know I am a tolerant Republican, how about that? And you know who I voted for and am pulling for to make some changes. And I voted for Romney/Ryan.

Gina

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7138 posts)
or experts in gaseous rhinoceros husbandry....

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17699 posts)
Reports today indicate that those citizens whose lives are disrupted by Superstorm Sandy will be permitted to vote by fax and email.

I wonder how long it will take the Republic-con Party in New York and New Jersey to take possession of dislocated homeowners fax and email identities?

Treasure Is FL

Username hidden
(6602 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 97   End
TOPIC: Hurricane Sandy's Effects on The Election