Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Hugo Chavez: What the hell is his problem
TOPIC: Hugo Chavez: What the hell is his problem
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   61 to 70 of 102   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I would really like to know, do the people of Venezuela have the right to speak out publicly against their govt without fear of retribution?

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
Ok so I take it you believe that he is not a dictator. That the elections were indeed fair? That he did not throw some of his political opponents in jail? That his critics are allowed to speak freely and are protected from harm and danger due to their opposition. He did not say anything about potential declaring himself "president for life"? If I had been mistaken then I will sit back an listen, gladly. So far I have not heard any arguements other than he was "elected" to support the fact the he is not a dictator non the less. I have heard reports of him severely limiting and manipulating free speech in his country in order to promote an image of unity. If I am wrong then tell me how, please?

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Content,

Joe is sticking with the talking point, defining the subject and attacking anyone who disagree with his talking point. Always using one word to define a person, political position or belief. These words are design to evoke emotions and obfuscating the issue of discussion. Then harangue anyone with a opposite position.

Clinton Twp MI
Username hidden
(60 posts)
sadamn was elected too, so I don't think that's an end all answer. But it does raise a good question. Do the people of Venezuela have the right to speak out publicly against their govt without fear of retribution?

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
You could go that route......but I look at the spreading of democracy and freedom as being associated with the "golden rule". People are generally not happy with dictators and dictators are ushually paranoid bastards who inspire fear and mistrust among the population to keep control, oh go ahead curious insert your stupid Bush joke here. If I were in one of those countries I would want the freedom to tell my leader to go fuck him or herself without having my door kicked in. Something btw people in Venezuela can't do right now.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
No it doesn't we are going to piss people off somewhere no matter what we do. Somtimes policies that benifit one country will hurt another? Didn't you say so? And when you have poor and uneducated people, it's easy to put on a puppet show and create a common enemy to rally against. Hell even a reasonably educated population can fall victom to this type of political tactic. Using our country as a scape goat will always be a political tactic used by many politians around the world as long as we are the strongest. So the only real solution would be to purposely become weaker, which is what you seem to advocate.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
So you believe if we try to make nice nice with Chavez that he will abandon his populus B.S and want to cooperate with us? Hell keeping his people poor and distracted is a trademark of dictators such as he. Why would he take away his biggest distraction and allow his people to focus more on his abuse of power. Somehow I think his being advarsaral with our country serves his thirst for power and control better than becoming an ally. Maybe Putin had been taking a few lessons from Chavez........

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
"You seem to be kind of hung up on this "automatically" thing Jawwge."

Not at all, you're the one who brought it into the equation with the followin statement: "Our interests oppose his interests. That makes us a threat to him."

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
So you really don't think people can have opposin interests and get along?

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
"Our interests oppose his interests. That makes us a threat to him."

So you're sayin that opposin interests automatically means a threat? And wouldn't that also make him a threat to us?

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   61 to 70 of 102   End
TOPIC: Hugo Chavez: What the hell is his problem