Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › How will you feel about America if Obama Wins in a Resounding Victory or Landslide
TOPIC: How_will_you_feel_about_America_if_Obama_Wins_in_a_Resounding_Victory_or_Landslide
« Prev  1 ...  11  12  13  14  15  16 
151 to 160 of 160
User Details are only visible to members.
If Obama wins (which he won't) I will support America I will also go out and buy some stock as once the shareholders see he has won there will be sell sell sell and everything will be dirt cheap as Obama is bad for business. Your dreaming if you think Obama/Biden will win between the "Bradley" effect and PUMA McCain/Palin will win. Polls are just fodder for the media they mean little till election day.

Navarre FL
Username hidden
(1420 posts)
Can conservatives read the American language? I didn't say that I've never been proud of my country. I take deep pride in many aspects of this country, including its Constitution, as it has been amended and reconstructed, and the literature and culture of America.

But I feel this country has been in a conservative counter-reaction against the Civil Rights movement and the progressive advances of the 1960s since 1968, the year I experienced as a young man of 15, the assassinations of RFK and MLK Jr.

I've been voting since 1972, and I've never voted with strong enthusiasm for any presidential candidate. That will change on November 4th. The racism of this country, as reflected in the success of the GOP Southern strategy, has dampened my pride in this country, and if Obama is elected, I feel we are in for a significant realignment in American politics, with Obama a transformational figure.

I will feel REALLY proud of my country if Obama gets elected for the first time in my adult life. Note the adjective REALLY.

I have not been proud to be governed by presidents who have appealed to anti-black racial prejudice and homophobia and white resentment to win elections. The foreign policy of this country has also not made me really proud, and we have too many people in prison and too many people who are impoverish and in need of health care for me to feel REALLY proud about this country.

Monrovia CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
I'll accept the decision of my fellow citizens and support the President and this country. however i have my reservations about his talent for leadership, he'll have his opportunity to prove me wrong. If he can back it up I'll vote for him in 2012. But if he doesn't i will proudly rock my McCain/Palin bumper sticker for 2012, just to say I told ya so. I can already predict with a crystal ball what his excuse will be if the economy doesn't get better or he creates less jobs than under the first 4 years of Bush. Either way, I'm paying close attention to the Louisiana governor, Bobby Jindal. He may be the first Louisiana governor since Hewy P Long to have a real shot at the White House.

Terrell TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
tbr

I agree.

If Congress chooses to put country first, I think there will be great potential.

Unfortunately, I'm not optimistic about that.

Bellingham MA
Username hidden
(444 posts)
I will feel no different about the country.

I think he will be severely constrained in what he is able to do. Too bad.

I will be glad that the adults will be back in charge...

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(22801 posts)
"I will feel really proud of America for the first time in my adult life if Obama wins."

That's a shame. There have been so many things to be proud of America over the last 36 years. How could anybody be so simple/single-minded?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(19557 posts)
Proud and anxious

Nanjemoy MD
Username hidden
(2045 posts)
PerfectMatch:

I was not proud of America or its people when GW Bush was elected in 2000 and 2004.

I will feel really proud of America for the first time in my adult life if Obama wins...and really, really proud if the victory is a resounding victory or landslide.

Monrovia CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
Were you proud of America and it's people when they elected GWB twice?

I will mostly feel disappointed. I won't panic or think the sky is falling. This country is bigger than any one man. I will be more concerned with my safety and that of my family. I'll hope he suceeds for the good of the Country, even though I don't think he will. I'll pray that the media keeps an eye on him even though I pretty sure they won't. I'll look forward to bashing his every mistake and wait with baited breath for every scandal.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(19557 posts)
If Obama wins the election on November 4th in a resounding victory or landslide, how will you feel about America and the American people?

If you are anti-Obama and pro-America, will you still feel proud of your country and its people who elected him?

Monrovia CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  11  12  13  14  15  16 
151 to 160 of 160
TOPIC: How will you feel about America if Obama Wins in a Resounding Victory or Landslide
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.