How to cure global issues without Al Gore : Swingers Discussion 886771081
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsHow to cure global issues without Al Gore
TOPIC: How to cure global issues without Al Gore
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... More 
Start   81 to 90 of 208   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Climate of Fear Global-warming alarmists intimidate dissenting scientists into silence.

BY RICHARD LINDZEN

There have been repeated claims that this past year's hurricane activity was another sign of human-induced climate change. Everything from the heat wave in Paris to heavy snows in Buffalo has been blamed on people burning gasoline to fuel their cars, and coal and natural gas to heat, cool and electrify their homes. Yet how can a barely discernible, one-degree increase in the recorded global mean temperature since the late 19th century possibly gain public acceptance as the source of recent weather catastrophes? And how can it translate into unlikely claims about future catastrophes?

The answer has much to do with misunderstanding the science of climate, plus a willingness to debase climate science into a triangle of alarmism. Ambiguous scientific statements about climate are hyped by those with a vested interest in alarm, thus raising the political stakes for policy makers who provide funds for more science research to feed more alarm to increase the political stakes. After all, who puts money into science--whether for AIDS, or space, or climate--where there is nothing really alarming? Indeed, the success of climate alarmism can be counted in the increased federal spending on climate research from a few hundred million dollars pre-1990 to $1.7 billion today. It can also be seen in heightened spending on solar, wind, hydrogen, ethanol and clean coal technologies, as well as on other energy-investment decisions.

But there is a more sinister side to this feeding frenzy. Scientists who dissent from the alarmism have seen their grant funds disappear, their work derided, and themselves libeled as industry stooges, scientific hacks or worse. Consequently, lies about climate change gain credence even when they fly in the face of the science that supposedly is their basis.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Is Global Warming Always Bad? by Patrick J. Michaels

Patrick J. Michaels is senior fellow in environmental studies at the Cato Institute and author of Meltdown: The Predictable Distortion of Global Warming by Scientists, Politicians, and the Media (2004).

Have you ever read anything good about global warming? Why is all the news always bad?

Objectively speaking, any environmental change should have both positive benefits and negative effects. For example, theory predicts and observations confirm that human-induced warming takes place primarily in winter, lengthening the growing season. Satellite measurements now show that the planet is greener than it was before it warmed. There are literally thousands of experiments reported in the scientific literature demonstrating that higher atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations -- cause by human activity -- dramatically increase food production. So why do we only hear one side about global warming?

Perhaps because there's little incentive for scientists to do anything but emphasize the negative and the destructive. Alarming news often leads to government funding, funding generates research, and research is the key to scientists' professional advancement. Good news threatens that arrangement.

This is the reality that all scientists confront: every issue, be it global warming, cancer or AIDS, competes with other issues for a limited amount of government research funding. And, here in Washington, no one ever received a major research grant by stating that his or her particular issue might not be such a problem after all.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Its all about the $ AGREE W GORE AND GET YOUR GLOBAL WARMING STUDY FUNDED..YOU HAD BETTER AGREE TOO! LOL

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
It was only 30 years ago that many of today's global-warming alarmists were telling us that the world was in the midst of a global-cooling catastrophe. But the science continued to evolve, and still does, even though so many choose to ignore it when it does not fit with predetermined political agendas,”

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Perfect, and we do, enough is enough. Every 30 years these crackpot scientists tell us the world is falling, then it is proven wrong again!. We will all be dead, our children and their children gone and they will be telling us the same rehashed lies and false science.

The US does more than most, talk to China, Indonesia and other polluters and leave us alone. The gores of the world lie and make up stories for political and financial gain, the scientists for another grant and the media for advertising...it is all corrupt.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Care, I do imagine he is a genius, but there are 10 million more out there...he is stating fiction as fact and as you can see there are other scientists doing that on this issue in both directions. The ones that hold creditability are those who warned us in '92 and now are saying I am sorry, I was wrong. It has been debunked over and over.

The jerk may be smart but his attitude as holier than thou and talking down to people is bs...I guess he may be book smart but people dumb.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
i fucking hate it when bats get in my attic.... fuckers i go up there with a bb gun.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Jim you can play the I am smarter than you are card all you want. the scientists I quoted are so far above you it really does not matter what I think. I was quoting them and showing you your debunked ideas are falling on deaf ears...mr holier than thou...lol

fuk heads that think they know it all like you are a dime a dozen...get some common sense, then you might be believable.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Jim,

I don't know how science is conducted... and truthfully... I don't care. I'm an economist. I'm sure there are things about the economy you don't know or care about.

What I do understand is that all the pimply faced science nerds that preach "we're all going to die of global warming' are govt funded, if they proved that there was no global warming they'd be out of a job. (micro-economics if you will). so they spout this religion to save their collective asses.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
"The only scientists worth believing are the retired ones (and even then not always). "

That's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's likie saying no one of Russian heritage is worth believing.

The vast majority of scientists are dedicated to fact-finding, not advocacy. But some aren't. There's the rub. It's not that only retired scientists (if then) are worth believing, It's that nonscientists have great difficulty discriminating between the fact-finders and the spin doctors.

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... More 
Start   81 to 90 of 208   End
TOPIC: How to cure global issues without Al Gore