How to cure global issues without Al Gore : Swingers Discussion 886771051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsHow to cure global issues without Al Gore
TOPIC: How to cure global issues without Al Gore
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 208   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Scotty-

You are a stockbroker. You advise people on how to invest their money. You must be fairly successful, or you wouldn't mange 65 million dollars of other peoples money. But I would guess you have made some wrong calls with people's money, if you didn't you would manage everyone's money.

When you recommend a company to buy or sell, you look at the available information. Sometimes that information is wrong, or incomplete, or falsified. Or there are other conditions that may not be apparent at the time. Or that you put more weight to than another broker. He may be right. Or you may be. But you make your best educated guess at the time with the available information.

That's the way it is with science. Scientists make the best educated guess with the available information. When they get a new piece of information, they try to incorporate it into the existing schema. If it falsifies the existing schema, the information is incorporated into a new schema until that one is dis-proven.

It has been happening this way for hundreds of years. And will continue for hundreds more. So, IMHO, there may be no absolute truth, and if there is, we are unable to discern it because we do not have enough information to do so.

That is for things. For people such as Hitler and pedophiles, that's a whole nuther story.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17349 posts)
amen MR Care, I agree fully.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17550 posts)
akron,

it's because they have no faith in their convictions. We see a pedophile as evil.... they see a pedophile as a sick person who can be rehabed.

That pedophile might have cured cancer... but he's still evil his one contribution doesn't make up for the evil.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
i suppose hitler did some good things, but he also is directly responsbile for the deaths of nearly 20 million people..... anything he might have done good would not make him good.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
actually you're good or you're evil. You can't be a little evil and be good.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
TBR,

So two science geeks look at something and see it different..... black and white right? Guess it's like the old adage.... "you can't be a little pregnant."

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
"and yes I see the world in black and white, not shades of gray. You're either right or your wrong, you're good or you're evil.... there's no half way."

That's too bad, because so little in life is all good or all evil. Kinda narrows the perspective.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17349 posts)
"Only one side is correct then correct? I mean seriously only one side is right on this issue? Is the world warming? yes. Am I responsible? NO...A natural event and instead of blaming the human race find a trend and a way to live with it ."

Most environmental scientists are in agreement that the world is warming. Where they differ is by how much, what is the human contribution, and what we can do about it.

And, it is possible for equally qualified scientists to look at the same data and come to different conclusions.

Different scientists may put different weight on the data points, and come to different conclusions.

Or some, especially in this debate, will say that the models are not sophisticated enough to explain the data.

These are all valid points. I'm not a climate scientist, so I am not qualified to pass judgment on the fine points of the different arguments.

IMHO, it would be prudent to continue R & D on alternatives to oil, because there are other benefits to be accrued. Not the least of which is a declining influence of the countries of the Middle East.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17349 posts)
TBR,

I'm borrowing from the anti religion crowd.... they want proof god exsists..... well I'm not buying your leftist religion of global warming until you prove it beyond all doubt. No different standard than the left puts on the bible thumpers.

and yes I see the world in black and white, not shades of gray. You're either right or your wrong, you're good or you're evil.... there's no half way.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Global warming is a gift from God...as are the purple mountain majasty, the fruited plain, And spacious ski... I see God every day.... But I guess being blind is something he cant fix any more.

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 208   End
TOPIC: How to cure global issues without Al Gore