How to cure global issues without Al Gore : Swingers Discussion 886771041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsHow to cure global issues without Al Gore
TOPIC: How to cure global issues without Al Gore
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 208   End
User Details are only visible to members.
dec,

I believe the earth warms up and the earth cools down naturally. Been happening like that for millions of years. I believe there is nothing man can do to change that. some law advocated by science nerds, passed by lawyers isn't going to stop cooling or warming.

as has been said before in the 60s and 70s, we were all going to die in another ice age. Now it's we're all going to die because the planet is warming. They were wrong then, and they're wrong now. If they want to go green... fine... I'm as green as I'm going to get. (car gets 30 miles to the gallon, small house that's effiencent, I dont' litter) but that's the extent of what I'm going to do.

Al Gore doesn't see fit to live how he preaches, why should I. Barbra striesand won't use public bathrooms so she drives a motorhome to go shopping. they all use private jets. If they really don't believe their false religion of global warming, why should I?

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
JMN - It is possible that with all the opposing points of views - from experts, mind you - we decide which one makes sense to us.

The theory of global warming and its causes have become very politicized by both camps.

It's just that we see Al Gore's point of view as "doom and gloom" and it's something that we don't believe. However, tbr said something that bears truth and that it that as a result of the research of proving and un-proving the theory of global warming, a new development and technology may arise.

In the meantime, you find very little efforts taken by those who believe that global warming is caused by humans even though the government is mandating specific businesses to do so.

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
Gosh - it takes me an hour to go through all the post in this forum! All I can say is that "going green" is becoming a major economic force. You are going to see an industry rise like never before - all backed by the government (state and federal).

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
we will all be dead and gone in 60-100 years, call me then and tell me who was right...quite frankly I don't give a damn.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
the difference TBR in what I do and what science nerds do.

1. I don't formulate public policy and tell people how to live their lives based on incomplete or guess work.

2. people choose to invest. THe liberals want me to adjust my lifestyle to fit their fucked up world biew and want me to change how i live.

3. People don't have to change because of what i do.

Laws will be passed tghat will take a century to repeaql when human caused global warming is disproved. no public policy is made on my investment advice. It effects no one but the investor.

Liberals think global warming is a reliigion, and are radical about it. Thinking everyone that doesn't conform to their world view is an extremist. E85 as an alternative fuel is unworkable. and there for should be dropped. People don't look at thebig picture wiht it's development.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
As I have stated several times:

Most environmental scientists are in agreement that the world is warming. Where they differ is by how much, what is the human contribution, and what we can do about it.

IMHO, it would be prudent to continue R & D on alternatives to oil, and try to reduce our dependence to it, because there are other benefits to be accrued. Not the least of which is a declining influence of the countries of the Middle East.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
So you have not concluded that they are correct yet? That humans are responsible?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
"Yeah the scientist said the world is flat and Columbus was Crazy....But who is crazy today? Chris was of the impression it was round and set out to prove it."

And scientists changed the hypothesis to fit the new facts. Science worked.

When more information is obtained regarding global warming, the scientists will refine the model and come up with a better hypothesis. And science will work.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
They didnt believe him either.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Yeah the scientist said the world is flat and Columbus was Crazy....But who is crazy today? Chris was of the impression it was round and set out to prove it. prove global warming is my fault and I will help pay for it, but until then STFU

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 208   End
TOPIC: How to cure global issues without Al Gore