How to cure global issues without Al Gore : Swingers Discussion 886771021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsHow to cure global issues without Al Gore
TOPIC: How to cure global issues without Al Gore
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 208   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The only "truth" I'm afraid of is the "truth" that is spun by people who don't believe that climate change was made worse by man. And that it will NOT adhere to a cycle that can be predicted.

Scotty, tell me when, in recorded history, was there a clear path through the NW passage then. And I DO mean a clear path, one without ice blocking the way. Until Anundson navigated it and mapped it (I understand he was the first), many a man died trying to cross between the Atlantic and the Pacific that way. The Canadians have traversed it at least twice now, in their bid to cement their claim that it is territorial water.

Stossel on 20/20? I'll watch and learn, providing he uses arguments that can stand up to science. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
VT,

I know what the nw passage is. You stated in one of your previous posts that it hadn't been open in human history.

History is one of those subjects that I'll happily debate and win everytime.

dissatisfied customer-Scott

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
a volcano damages our environment much more than man and each major eruption adds more pollution that all of mankind since the beginning of time. So you cut out all man made pollution and get an eruption and all you have done is useless and insignificant. so do we need to ban volcano's? lol you greenies are amazingly short sighted.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Destin, since when is a volcano considered pollution in the normal sense. I'm not sure I agree either. Volcanic eruptions have added to the land mass and created extremely fertile ground in many parts of the world.

I'm speaking of man-made pollution, which is basically what the uproar is about. I believe we've made huge strides in reducing it over the last 20 years or so. We have a ways to go with auto emissions. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
It is great the NWP is open, more trade, less fossil fuel to transit goods, less green house gases, faster travel.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Scotty, was that a serious question about the Northwest Passage? The Northwest Passage has been used for passage between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans for well over a century. It was first navigated by Amundson in 1903-06. Many explorers died while trying to traverse the passage, which is, and always has been covered with ice flows. It exists within the Canadian Islands Archipelago and has been a deathtrap for adventurers for years.

Satellite images show, and people who have actually traveled through the Northwest Passage now could see, that the ice flows have been reduced and a "lane" has opened up. The Canadian government considers the Northwestern Passages part of Canadian Internal Waters, but various countries (including the U.S.) maintain they are an international strait or transit passage, allowing free and unencumbered passage. I haven't read one scientists statement saying that this isn't a part of climate change and the water warming in the Arctic.

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
Wrong again VT, volcano's have contributed more to pollution than man ever has in any era. Funny the people who make money off going "green" are the one propagating the lie the most.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
again, the earth heats up and the earth cools down it's all natural. If the NW passage was open for the first time in human history, how did we know it existed before that? You just admitted that the process of cooling and warming is ongoing, so making a few laws isn't going to change that.

If al gore wants me to wholesale accept his religion of global warming, then he and his hollywood buddies need to move into normal houses, drive normal cars and take normal means of public trans. Not live in manisons, drive motorhomes to go shopping because you wont' use a public restroom and stop taking private jets everywhere.

When they practice what they preach, maybe i'll listen. Until that happens, to me what they're doing is the equivelent of going to a catholic priest and asking for guidance on marriage and sex.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Perfect, you wanted percentages? I suppose I could dig them up for you. Let's face it, a majority of the pollution spewed out in the late 19th and most of the 20th century was by one of two things - manufacturing and vehicles. The remainder, we did ourselves by not being aware of the damage we were doing.

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
Most of the industrial pollution that was poured into both our atmosphere and our aquifer began in the 19th century (began in earnest). Until laws were passed which forced companies to reduce their pollution. I don't know the exact date the first of the pollution control laws took effect (the stricter laws had a much quicker effect), but until that time, companies (and individuals, as we don't get off the hook either with outdoor burning and unregulated dumps), didn't give a hoot. I'm no expert on it, but what I've read and learned over the last few years convinced me that we contributed to the acceleration of a climate change that was bound to happen sometime in the future. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 208   End
TOPIC: How to cure global issues without Al Gore