Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics How to Weaken a President -- NY Times editorial
TOPIC: How to Weaken a President -- NY Times editorial
Created by: outdoorsWNC
Original Starting post for this thread:
by David Firestone

Republicans came up with all kinds of convoluted and made-up explanations for voting against gun background checks, and some are starting to do the same for the immigration bill. A few are even using the Boston bombing as an excuse. But for many lawmakers, the real reason is depressingly familiar. They don’t want to give President Obama anything he wants.

It doesn’t really matter how many business groups say the immigration system has to change, or how many suburban voters are disgusted by the easy access to guns for criminals. For these Republicans, the visceral hatred of the president is their only guiding star, and they are absolutely convinced the voters in their districts feel the same way.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 50   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You're dumbass would never get into any union Mickey. You're just cheap labor.

Btw , since you claim to make so much you can afford to pay restitution on your heart surgery WELFARE paid for.

Or maybe use that money from your great new business you and the old lady started when your out of work the other six months of the year.

Speaking of your old lady start getting her to type your post again. It's obvious when she does it and when your stupid ass post...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2789 posts)
Nk Actually I hate to burst your bubble I do not now and will ever work a union Job ever,,Im not a rig hand Im a supervisor on a day rate not hourly I garantee you you have never seen a check like mine Oh Im also off 6 months out the year..So if you do not mind try to spin something else that you actually have a clue about...

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(5107 posts)
Not sure if you were alive when most of America lost it's collective mind and soul in the late 70s and 1980 Robert, but either way, any progress that had been made to that point, was puhed back or washed away when the idiot US majority in the US at the time allowed an Iranian Cleric, GHW Bush and a amicacable dunce decide an American presidential election

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
Good:

Nope and I don't care for medals. Told my commander when I returned from Afghanistan this, he laughed. I didn't.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7706 posts)
Did the AF award you the Bleeding Heart for your injury?

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Case in point.

I stepped on a nail once while clearing debri, I was on orders from the pa national guard and my tech sergeant ordered me to the medics. They refused me on grounds that the army doctor wasn't in.... I had stopped bleeding about 2 minutes after the injury.

As I was denied treatment at the clinic, I was ordered to the local hospital.

A month later, I started receiving bills. Why? Because the air guard paid the hospital, but the hospital either wanted more or failed to keep its paperwork in line. Either way, the bills came to me because the PA guard wouldn't pay up.

Yes, this was a clerical error on the hospital, they were paid. However forthr case of the employer not paying, it is legitament to send the bill to the person who received treatment, (when other agencies arent paying) regardless of any other facts.

In PA, you the receiving party are still obligated to make the hospital whole. The same applies if your insurance company fails to pay on time... As in the case of blue cross and shield. They failed to pay their portion of my mothers medical cost, and the full bills came to our doors.

Why did the insurance company stop fulfilling their obligation? Why do any insurance company play games with giving money out? To make you quit paying your monthly payments do they can drop you for breach of contract. You are poor, you can't afford to sue them for the same and they will claim clerical error... You the the costumer do not have that luxury.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7706 posts)
Good that is how it works here. My company provided their WC insurance info then signed for any unpaid bill they would be liable for not me. The only thing I was put on was as a reference to as what the.bill was for.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
I am unsure about PA WC, but if what Robert says is true, then it is FAR different than any other state I am familiar with.

Work comp bills MIGHT go to the employer, who sends them to the insurance company. My experience is the medical provider will send a request to the employer for the insurance company information, then it all goes to the insurance company. The insurance company then copies the employer on disbursements and reserve $$ for future claims related to the injury.

In MN, and the other states I work in, if it's a legitimate claim, ALL medical bills are paid. ALL lost time wages are paid, and if the injury results in a permanent partial or permanent total disability, future lost wages from the time of injury to the legal retirement age are calculated, and paid lump sum to the employee.

Can any PA employers or insurance people here clarify what happens in PA?

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Party:

In 1973, the US had unions and it had industrial jobs. The economy was stronger and the corruption was preventable.

Today, we are a hollowed out log. What remains is food for the greedy bares to pick the grubs clean. We like fools wasted the economic wealth we held, wealth if used correctly could have had the US remain unchallenged by other nations for another hundred years.

Sadly a ten thousand dollars were given to a child and the child bought junk with it. That is the best annalagy I could create right now for what happened between 1973 and 2013.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7706 posts)
Robert...my point is, you have to remember, compared to the rest of the industrialized world, in America, it is about 1973. There is a lot of institutional injustice out there. One thing I learned a long time ago, to think progressive, you have to be patient. Have faith, we'll get there Some people have to die first, and we need to get broadband to the hollers and trailer parks. It's a process, not an event

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3844 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 50   End
TOPIC: How to Weaken a President -- NY Times editorial